Karen's Got A Hot Retainer Now!

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Shortie
Loyal

Karen's Got A Hot Retainer Now!

Post by Shortie »

After 3.5 yrs of braces, I'm stuck with a retainer.

Any advice to help my STOP lisping? I have top and bottom REtainer. My mom laughs at me for talking funny now. Oh the pain in my heart. :rolleyes:
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Re: Karen's Got A Hot Retainer Now!

Post by yoaliens3000 »

the bottom one is the killer. i got a perminant one put in bc i couldnt stand it. i couldnt talk at all. let alone i stutter so that made it like 100 times worse.

i got use to the top on easy tho. thats not hard at all.
spatulaoflove
Veteran

Post by spatulaoflove »

ah no the top was evil! i couldn't swallow...ALL I KNOW IS DON"T TAKE IT OUT...i had 4.5 years of braces and now it looks like i didn't have them at all, just because my babysitter forgot to take me to the orthodauntist so i could get my retainer and the fact that i had 7 retainers in like 3 months because i hated them and threw them out...lol but WEAR THEM! if you do then you only have to wear it at night
love,

Teal, the magical lute playing elf
Zarie
Veteran

Post by Zarie »

You can't stop the lisping, trust me. I got my retainers taken out finally. That stupid lisp sucked.

myspace profile + my livejournal

Rocco: Fucking... What the fuck. Who the fuck fucked this fucking... How did you two fucking fucks... FUCK.

Connor: Well, that certainly illustrates the diversity of the word.
itsme
Veteran

Post by itsme »

yeah i had a retainer. But only on the top. . . It sucks especially when you have to eat, and you take it out and this string of spit falls out your mouth. heh. Well have fun with that.
PICTURES.

"Picture the scene, where whatever you thought, would in the blink of an eye manifest and become illustrated. You'd be sure man that every line drawn reflected a life that you loved not an existence that you hated."- incubus

"I'm Sick of Painting in Black and White. My Pen is dry, now I'm uptight. So sick of limiting myself to fit your definition. Redefine."- incubus
Anth4130
Loyal

Post by Anth4130 »

All I did was talk to myself - if you feel intimadated doing this, just sing to a song
Anth-the-bmxer
nevermindmylife
Loyal

Post by nevermindmylife »

I practiced saying tongue twisters... the more you practice the more your tongue will learn how to conform to speak with the retainer...

or, you could ask if you get a permanent one put in... I did that in the end... only because I think it gorss to have to take my retainer on and off all the time

<span style=\'color:red\'be sure to stay strong

for hope is always coming right along

skaterGuy15
Veteran

Post by skaterGuy15 »

Originally posted by itsme@Apr 18 2004, 03:33 PM

yeah i had a retainer. But only on the top. . . It sucks especially when you have to eat, and you take it out and this string of spit falls out your mouth. heh. Well have fun with that.
HAHA. I know what you mean. But I mastered the art of taking it out in stealth mode :shifty: because i always took it out in school and no one wants to see that shit right?

I still kinda have the lisp thing going on and everyone always asks me "what are you eating?" because I still talk weird :rolleyes:

The last time I had one in I got used to it though, and when you finally take it out you talk really well articulated lol.
I wish I were a spy.