Mac Takes Forever To Load A Webpage

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

The Sage Nabooru
Loyal

Mac Takes Forever To Load A Webpage

Post by The Sage Nabooru »

I don't know what the problem is, I have a high-speed cable connection, but for some reason it takes forever for my Mac to load a webpage - sometimes as long as 30 seconds. Is there anything I can do about this? I'm tired of my computer running so slow!
I love Alanis Morissette, The White Stripes, Sheryl Crow, The Beatles, Fiona Apple, Tori Amos, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Bjork, U2, and so many others that influence my music. Write if you are interested.
four
Veteran

Re: Mac Takes Forever To Load A Webpage

Post by four »

How old is the computer? If it is too old and too slow, no matter your connection speed your computer just cannot handle it and will load it slowly.
NAAM
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

What Mac OS are you running?
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
The Sage Nabooru
Loyal

Post by The Sage Nabooru »

OS X. It's not that old; my boyfriend gave it to me as a birthday present last year, used off eBay. I suspect it's no more than maybe a couple years old.
I love Alanis Morissette, The White Stripes, Sheryl Crow, The Beatles, Fiona Apple, Tori Amos, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Bjork, U2, and so many others that influence my music. Write if you are interested.
LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

Post by LedZep04 »

you might have spyware. it runs on the back of your programs which can make it way slow and also you may get pop ups. my suggestions:

go to http://www.download.com and look up ad-aware for macs. it should have a adaware program download it and run it and it will go through all the spyware you have. if it shows a list unchecked check them all and then click next and it will delete it...

if you get pop ups go to google-advanced-and google toolbar. download that and it gets rid of EVERY pop up. it's great. :)
RIP Parsa<33