Cool?

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

DapDude
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Cool?

Post by DapDude »

Well,Im 13. I don't really have the cool guy attitude. But I do really want to be cool. Can you guys tell me how to be cool and stay cool?(Yeah I do mean guys cause I am a male.)
Shwynsh
Veteran

Re: Cool?

Post by Shwynsh »

Since you're asking this question, I'm sorry, but it won't ever work this way. Trying to be cool does exactly the opposite- makes it worse. Anyone can tell when someones trying too hard to do something else, and it just makes them not think anything more of them, believe me.
<span style=\'color:gray\'

"I have a feeling that you're riding for some kind of a terrible, terrible fall. . . . This fall I think you're riding for-it's a special kind of fall, a horrible kind. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. He just keeps falling and falling. The whole arrangement's designed for men who, at some time or other in their lives, were looking for something their own environment couldn't supply them with. Or they thought their own environment couldn't supply them with. So they gave up looking. They gave it up before they ever really even got started"
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Originally posted by Shwynsh@Apr 23 2004, 07:26 PM

Since you're asking this question, I'm sorry, but it won't ever work this way. Trying to be cool does exactly the opposite- makes it worse. Anyone can tell when someones trying too hard to do something else, and it just makes them not think anything more of them, believe me.

Exactly. That's not how it works. You're cool through the way you present yourself. You can't learn how to do it.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
dancingsoul
Loyal

Post by dancingsoul »

yes- it's cool to act like yourself- otherwise u'll look dumb (not to be mean)
ice queen
Loyal

Post by ice queen »

Changing yourself to fit in isn't what you should be doing, but i can understnad the want of being liked.

It's a pretty vague question but i suggest you take a look at the more popular people around you and take notes. Pick up hobbies that you think may seem cool to others etc.

I don't want to encourage you to do this and you should really think about whether you want people to like someone your not or the somenoe you are.

Never lose sight of who you really are, never ditch old friends that have liked you for you and never bag someone else out for not being cool.

I personally don't see hte point in hanging with people that don't like me for who i am but...:)
"It's amazing i won. I was running against peace, prosperity, and incumbency." -George W. Bush (speaking to Swedish PM unaware a Live TV camera was still rolling.)

Why do i need a Psycho with a Chainsaw when I have Myself?
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

be yourself, thats cool. dont ever ditch people to move up in the social crowd, and never ever try to be someone youre not.

i know this reply wasnt really what you were looking for, but answer this question: do you want to be liked for who you are, or who you appear to be?

i think you know the answer......
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
alleycat
Loyal

Post by alleycat »

sit in a freezer that keeps me cool
its been two days and already i dont think i can go on without her
jaydeschizo
Loyal

Post by jaydeschizo »

depends on your definition of cool, the attitude is the most important thing, clothes are just that one little extra touch

i find it bs to say everyone is cool in their own way... it may help one self... but we live in a society that in which looks and attitude is very important

but cool, depends in what way you want to be cool, in a jocky kind of way? a prep? a skater? goth? alternative, and on a note im not putting people in boxes... people are quite capable o doing that themselves
ImLostForWords
Loyal

Post by ImLostForWords »

Originally posted by alleycat@Apr 24 2004, 11:51 AM

sit in a freezer that keeps me cool

A freezer makes me cold, I'd have to say a fridge in stead...that keeps me cool. :D
Don't let the world bring you down

Not everyone here is that fucked up and cold

Remember why you came

And while you're alive

Experience the warmth before you grow old.

"There is a great big world out there and it won't matter if you were the most popular girl, the quarterback of the football team, or the biggest nerd in school. Find out who you are and try not to be afraid of it. "

Oo-De-Lally, Oo-De-Lally, golly what a day.
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

Cool is not a quality you can buy, you've either got it or you haven't.

lol
Zarie
Veteran

Post by Zarie »

Here you go, my strange misguided friend. This quote explains "coolness".

"I just think that whatever's not cool is cool. Doing whatever the fuck you want, wearing whatever you want. I hate when have to overthink what you do, that makes it uncool" - Christopher Hall

myspace profile + my livejournal

Rocco: Fucking... What the fuck. Who the fuck fucked this fucking... How did you two fucking fucks... FUCK.

Connor: Well, that certainly illustrates the diversity of the word.