Quotes By Elizabeth Wurtzel

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

iAmAStreaker
Veteran

Quotes By Elizabeth Wurtzel

Post by iAmAStreaker »

From More, Now, Again by Elizabeth Wurtzel . . .

?I?d rather they just handed a bunch of M-16s to the victims? families and friends and have them wreak havoc and revenge on the criminal- at least that would be natural, at least that would be human. Not HUMANE, but human. The idea that a man in his holding cell on death row is put on a suicide watch- heaven forbid he takes his own life and denies the executioners the opportunity to do it and punish him properly- defines the sickness of the whole business (death row) to me.?

?We already know that killers are bad people, but by using the death penalty, we become bad too. They?ve already done wrong, but the glee we get on our faces as we shout ?burn, baby, burn? makes us ugly, makes us vengeful and sad, turns us into pathetic people. The opportunity to be merciful is one that most beautiful rights that we have, the possibility that we can be better than the worst things that happen to us, that we can take the horror to use it as a way to become nobler- why should we pass up this chance??

- - -

I just found those quotes very true.
<span style="font-family:Arial"i'm sveta; pleased to meet you.
depressedmoonchild
Loyal

Re: Quotes By Elizabeth Wurtzel

Post by depressedmoonchild »

true... very true.. i really like Elizabeth Wurtzel. Good writer.
Blessings and hugs

Moon Child

I do everything my rice crispies tell me to

I tried to contain myself but...I ESCAPED!

One by one the penguins steal my sanity.

When I find myself fading, I close my eyes and realize my friends are my energy.

Some days it just isn't worth chewing through the straps<
SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Re: Quotes By Elizabeth Wurtzel

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

I'd have to agree those are truthful..
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy