I Think This Goes Here.. Maybe No Oh Well

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

I Think This Goes Here.. Maybe No Oh Well

Post by LedZep04 »

Well I was reading one of my friends little online journals and I come across the post about white people. For some reason it ticked me off, and no not because I'm white but because I'm sick of hearing/reading people bitch. I want to know what you guys think on this post. I don't know if I am allowed to even take her post and put it in here but this topic sorda got on my nerves. I think in here I will get more replies anyway the some of the other forums so tell me.. what do you think?

"Some white people have the STUPIDEST mentality.

By some, I mean, not all.

I live in an extremely diverse state and city, yet I hear,

"Go back to your own country, Gandhi man!"

-or-

"Hey, we're in America, speak English!" all the time.

This is where the stupid mentality comes in.

English is America's primary language. It is not the ONLY language.

It is not illegal for people to converse in other languages.

You fail to realize that although English is the primary language,

these people are just as American as you are,

therefore, their language is also just as American.

I hate the term, "All-American" in reference to white boys wearing Abercrombie,

or white girls with girl-next-door looks, blonde hair and blue eyes.

White people are not the 'real' Americans.

It is not YOUR country.

You are not more American than anyone else.

What would make you think something like that?

"Go back to your own country, Gandhi man!"

What makes you more American, Mr. Caucasian?

Have you been here longer?

My mother is Japanese, and she's been here longer than lots of racist teenage boys...

Does that mean she is more American even though she is not a US citizen?

People have the stupidest logic.

If anything, those "immigrants that are taking all the jobs" are probably more American than you are.

Why?

Because to become a U.S. citizen, you have to show "good moral character"...something you obviously don't have.

You also have to pass a test on the United States, when you probably failed 2nd grade history class.

Get off your fucking high horse.

If anything, you should be jealous of those "lousy foreigners", because they have something you don't.

A culture, a background, and you've got nothing.

Stop bitching about how HARD it is to be white.

Stereotypes about white people are not as harsh.

They usually pertain to something about you:

the way you talk, walk, look, act, where you live, what you do.

Things like rednecks and trailor trash.

It is something completely different when you're not white.

Your color precedes you, so that people can decide who you are and what they think about you even before they've met you.

They simply label you, by color.

We are the minority, the job-stealing, foreign, freaks of nature.

We are US citizens that aren't REAL Americans because we're not white.

So go bitch about how you wish all colored people would crawl into a hole and die.

Go bitch about how it's not fair that white people can't have a "Caucasion Club".

You already have one, you idiot, it's called "American public school"."
RIP Parsa<33
Nikki
Veteran

Re: I Think This Goes Here.. Maybe No Oh Well

Post by Nikki »

I can understand it.. I mean, I'd probably write something similar if I was under pressure.. I'm a foreigner myself (Russian, live in Belgium).. And it just makes me sick how sometimes people say 'oh those immigrants..', or 'yea, the person who robbed me was surely an immigrant..'.

I just wish there were no nationalities, no prejudice and no generalisation.. I mean, the world is at the stade of globalisation (I think that's the term..), everything goes international, multinational etc. People go to work abroad, live abroad etc. And damn, I think it's quite a time to understand it and finally deal with it.

Especially it makes me sick when people say something mean (like go back to your country or smth) to people coming from countries where the war is going.. Like those girls from Chechnya in my school.. They didn't wanna come here, but it was just impossible to live there where they lived.. their brother and father were killed.. And now they're here in Belgium, people point their fingers on them - 'refugees'.. It's just mean and narrow-minded..

Wish people stopped discriminating and rather started thinking of getting along with each other and making friends.. The world would be a happier place then..
God kicked in the head so I started a fight, coz I knew I was right! But I learned I was wrong...
broken4ubyu
Loyal

Post by broken4ubyu »

While I feel that he has a couple decent points, your friend also makes some very stupid and racially biased comments. Id go talk to him about his hate of white people. Every group is racist. You just hear about more white racism because there is just that...more white people.
"You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say."

- Bill Clinton

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans"

- Bill Clinton

Thats liberals for ya

THE MOST INTELIGENT THING I'VE EVER HEARD:

"Democracy does not guarantee equality of conditions - it only guarantees equality of opportunity."

-Irving Kristol
LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

Post by LedZep04 »

Well I thought the topic had a somewhat good meaning, but the way she put it pissed me off. She said it's about some white people, but the whole thing seems like she hates white people. I asked her to do something about the problem instead of writing and bitching about it because doing that won't get her anywhere.
RIP Parsa<33
Tree Fingers
Loyal

Post by Tree Fingers »

My argument for that is fire can't fight fire.

If she feels so strongly about that, then she should practice what she preaches whether she is oppressed or not.

She is fueled by racial tension, when is what the white racist teenagers she talks about are brought up on.

To help the situation you don't scream back, but better yet, hold that strong will and work against the stereotype. Throwing your anger out doesn't make other people understand, but instead it breeds stereotypes and backlashing anger.
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good