American Civilians beheaded

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Tree Fingers
Loyal

Re: American Civilians beheaded

Post by Tree Fingers »

Tree Fingers
Loyal

Post by Tree Fingers »

Originally posted by Paris In Flames+May 17 2004, 10:17 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Paris In Flames @ May 17 2004, 10:17 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-broken4ubyu@May 17 2004, 06:56 PM

Bush is in fact very intelligent.? He may be a bit rough around the edges, but that doesnt mean much.? He got into yale, and his dad, contrary to what many think, did not bribe them.

Bush? Intelligent? Lol, wow, that's interesting to hear.

Perhaps if he were able to string more than 2 words together, he would have held more press conferences, informing the country about his plans to invade Iraq and steal their oil. Keep in mind, he's the first president to set a record for having the least press conferences since the television was invented. That's even more than Reagan. The only big word I've heard him use is "abhorrable" in which he used about 7 times during his speech to the Iraqis apologizing for the rape of their women by our soldiers. He must have had to look through a thesaurus to find that one.

He went to Yale because his daddy paid his way, and in the times when he was in college, it was extremely popular for people to hire impersonators to take their tests. I'm betting good old George did that.

And Kerry? An idiot? Whatever gave you that impression? Atleast he's willing to go in front of the public and give good old impromptu speeches, in which he's very articulate and his thoughts are complete. Bush was offered to show his side on MTV for the 20 million proud and he declined. Something tells me it wasn't because he was too busy.

Cheers,

Jenna[/b][/quote]

Hm. President Bush is not articulate and often embarrasing. But what he does have, which goes very unnoticed, is complete control over his power. He alone controls the power. He tells people what to do, probably more so than many Presidents in the past. He has advisors that he listens to when its what he wants to hear. Notice, President Bush has failed to take any steps in his Presidency towards actually take care of things for prevention.

He convinced the entire country that the War on Iraq was apart of the War or Terror with out ever saying it! He has used words such as "evildoers" and bold lines such as "You are either with us or against us" which has indefinitely made people more "patriotic". That is his mind at work. He knows what he is doing, he knows what he wants to do, but he is just not presentable. He is very intelligent.

Now, to say that President Bush wasn't too busy to deal with 20 million live is plain out ignorant. Obviously, you must not understand what kind of political, and even worse, moral mess he is in. He has been dealing with the quagmire of the War in Iraq, he has been critisized over 9/11 and has had to deal with the panel investigating him, he has had to deal with the Iraqi Prisoner Abuse Scandal, the economy, means of money for war, and other things. The man is extremely busy and that probably has part to why he doesn't have enough time to give press conferences routinely. The last President to deal with as much turmoil as our current President is facing is Nixon, or maybe even FDR.

I don't like President Bush. I will not vote for him in the next election. But, I do not support Bush bashing or ignorant slander. If you don't support him, have reasons why. He is not an idiot, that is just a stupid comment. He is President of the United States for Christ's sake.
four
Veteran

Post by four »

Let's get back on topic. This forum does not have the same leeway as Chit-Chat for that. Stop all of the random Bush and Kerry bashing, either talk about the original topic or stop posting.
NAAM
LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

Post by LedZep04 »

I said to go back on topic like 3 times but no one listened.. :( I have a question for you though four.. it's current events.. we are talking about our future presidents so whats the big deal? At first I got annoyed by it, but then I realized people need to talk about our future.. it's not really a big deal..
RIP Parsa<33
four
Veteran

Post by four »

The big deal is that is not the topic of this thread. There are threads with that topic, post in those.
NAAM
LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

Post by LedZep04 »

geez... thats fine with me but I just didn't think it was that big of a deal..
RIP Parsa<33
broken4ubyu
Loyal

Post by broken4ubyu »

Bush, as treefingers said, is very intelligent, but not too articulate. Some people just arent good public speakers. I would consider myself very smart, but get me up in front of people and i get so nervous that i turn into a bumbling idiot.
"You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say."

- Bill Clinton

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans"

- Bill Clinton

Thats liberals for ya

THE MOST INTELIGENT THING I'VE EVER HEARD:

"Democracy does not guarantee equality of conditions - it only guarantees equality of opportunity."

-Irving Kristol
FryGuy
Veteran

Post by FryGuy »

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors" ~Plato

.533K:

"One death is a tragedy,

One million deaths is a statistic" ~Joseph Stalin
broken4ubyu
Loyal

Post by broken4ubyu »

This thread has wondered, but I don't see how it really matters. It is all relavant to the issue that started the thread.
"You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say."

- Bill Clinton

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans"

- Bill Clinton

Thats liberals for ya

"Democracy does not guarantee equality of conditions - it only guarantees equality of opportunity."

-Irving Kristol
LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

Post by LedZep04 »

well four doesn't want us to go off topic b/c there are already topics on that.. we can post to those.. :)
RIP Parsa<33
Tree Fingers
Loyal

Post by Tree Fingers »

Originally posted by FryGuy+May 18 2004, 06:53 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (FryGuy @ May 18 2004, 06:53 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-broken4ubyu@May 18 2004, 04:47 PM

Bush, as treefingers said, is very intelligent, but not too articulate.? Some people just arent good public speakers. I would consider myself very smart, but get? me up in front of people and i get so nervous that i turn into a bumbling idiot.

Hey, I have an idea, why don't we get back the the point of the thread?[/b][/quote]

It is called conversation. When the topic has been veered off, then the topic has changed.
Kristina
Veteran

Post by Kristina »

Originally posted by LedZep04@May 17 2004, 12:29 AM

It's called a typo genious... read my former post and you knew I meant wasn't

haha tryin to be cute I see?

Please,

don't give an attitude with me.. if you made a typoe you should have edited it .. that would have been really smart.. don't you think? Oh, and no I'm not trying to be cute.. tyvm.
I obviously hadn't realized it.. get over it

still tryin to act cute
There's always someone cooler than you
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

Aye, I think a non-static topic is the norm in Current Events. I don't think it's at all out of place.
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

Post by LedZep04 »

Originally posted by JerseyGirl+May 18 2004, 09:25 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (JerseyGirl @ May 18 2004, 09:25 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-LedZep04@May 17 2004, 12:29 AM

Please,

don't give an attitude with me.. if you made a typoe you should have edited it .. that would have been really smart.. don't you think? Oh, and no I'm not trying to be cute.. tyvm.

still tryin to act cute[/b][/quote]

How about you get a life? What are you like 14 years old? Please explain how I am trying to act cute... I'm going to report you if you keep buggin me so please stop
RIP Parsa<33
ToraToraTora
Veteran

Post by ToraToraTora »

Alright. Please no more fighting in this thread. Four and myself are both watching people now. So no more disrespecting, etc. Everyone has opinions, and just let little issues go.
Wheee. I'm Hyper-Emo.

ΔΦ of ΔΚΕ #981 Class of 2004

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Sir Winston Churchill
Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

Why not just split the topic because there are so many different one's going on?
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image
LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

Post by LedZep04 »

I don't know.. why don't we?
RIP Parsa<33
Kristina
Veteran

Post by Kristina »

Originally posted by LedZep04+May 19 2004, 05:19 AM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (LedZep04 @ May 19 2004, 05:19 AM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'
Originally posted by JerseyGirl@May 18 2004, 09:25 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-LedZep04
@May 17 2004, 12:29 AM

Please,

still tryin to act cute

How about you get a life? What are you like 14 years old? Please explain how I am trying to act cute... I'm going to report you if you keep buggin me so please stop[/b][/quote]

Report me for you breaking rules, sure you do that
There's always someone cooler than you
LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

Post by LedZep04 »

I sure broke the rules didn't I?.. Hey your the Mod here so act like it.
RIP Parsa<33
broken4ubyu
Loyal

Post by broken4ubyu »

Allright everybody, lets calm down and stop the fighting, or else admin is gonna close this sucka

- Bill Clinton

- Bill Clinton

Thats liberals for ya

-Irving Kristol