Harry Potter Books & Movies

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Skye
Veteran

Re: Harry Potter Books & Movies

Post by Skye »

HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

Originally posted by lostboi15@Dec 15 2002, 06:41 PM

like the movie but i dont wanna read the books
How come? Books are always better. :lol:
HelpingTeens.org:

Dots
Loyal

Post by Dots »

NEVER SAW A MOVIE!

NEVER READ A BOOK!

LAST ONE ON THE EAST COAST, BABY!!!!

I read the first page of the first book, and literally threw the book in the trash...It was written by a 9-year old, and it seemed quite boring...

All I know is that Harry Potter has glasses and does some sorta' magic...Don't know what books are abut...

SUCK ON THOSE BALLS! I WILL be the last to remain Potter-less.!
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

HelpingTeens.org:

Dots
Loyal

Post by Dots »

Adnama
Veteran

Post by Adnama »

My evil mother thinnks that the books are evil <_< i had to hide my books, and i have yet to see either movie!!!!

The part that really erks me is that she got all this from some tv pastor who was going on about 'em, SHE HASNT EVEN READ THEM YET!!!! Can someone tell me how you can judge any thing with out even knowing what it is or what its about? Till the day i die i will always believe that she's just fallowing the crowd and leting someone else make up her mind for her.

The other part that sucks is that this happend exactly ONE WEEK before the first movie came out :angry: :angry: :angry:

One of these days i'm going ot start an undergournd harry potter ring or soemthing... lol

Man, those books are the reason i learned that reading was fun, if it wasnt for harry potter i would have never come to love reading and writeing as much as i do :(
"It's just not the same when you're staring into a perfect golden sunset,

And thinking about how you sold your soul to send the rain away"

-Mineral "Slower"

"And the very fear that makes you want to die

Is just the same as what keeps you alive..."

-Barenaked Ladies, "War on drugs"

My blog of depressed rants: http://sendtherainaway.blogspot.com/
Breathe_In_For_Luck7
Veteran

Post by Breathe_In_For_Luck7 »

I LOVE Harry Potter! The books and movies. I think Ron and Harry are hot in the 2nd movie. :P
xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Post by xxwhereisfredxx »

OHhhhhhhhh i love them BOTH so much! haha i like the harry potter books better than the movie! and i like the Lord of the rings movie better than the books!! so what if they're written like a 7 year old wrote them?!?!?! thats probably because they're meant for 7 year olds! lol.......but i still love them!!!
When I hear somebody sigh that Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, Compared to what?

If we did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.

You see things; and you say Why? But I dream things that never were; and I say Why not?

It is a hard matter, my fellow citizens, to argue with the belly, since it has no ears.

She
Veteran

Post by She »

Everyone wanted me to read Harry Potter, I got pissed 'cause they didn't really interest me and everyone tried to force me to. So without even picking up the first book I swore myself against it and went on huge anti-HP sprees.

However, since there was a massive group of friends and aquaintances going to see the second movie, I went over to my friend's house the night before and watched the first one then saw the second in theaters. The movies are great, I might even read the books.

Now, LOTR... as much as I love the characters and the world and the plot, I cannot -stand- the way that man writes. So... boring... He's like Dickens reincarnated *shudder*. Never made it past halfway through the first book. The Hobbit was good though.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
daloverlyme
Loyal

Post by daloverlyme »

thats all my lil brothers read and watch is harry potter, i think herniney is pretty realistic to a girl tho when it comes to boys who act stupid, lol

*********************THE <span style="color:red"LOVES
OF MY LIFE!!!!!********************

My daughter Kate was born June 16th 1997

My son Timmy (Timmers) was born Aug 1st 2004

I had my daughter Aiyana Moon Love on July 1st 2005.

AshLynn was born Jan. 28th 2007.

I Married to Chandler William. Friday March 20th 2004