Msn Messenger

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Sliver
Veteran

Msn Messenger

Post by Sliver »

IS THERE ANY WAY TO FIND OUT THE IP ADDRESS OF SOMEONE WHO HAS HACKED UR MSN?????? cos i was flippinwell hacked last night. GRRRRRRR :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:
Sliver, A.K.A Tom/Tommy/Tommy Boy (thanks to Lisa and sweethelp)

Moderated with Sweethelp in Bullying forum from Oct 6 2003 to 2006 sometime.

Moderated in the Self Expression Forum and Computer forum mainly, along with the rest of the lounge, until December 2006.

Skye
Veteran

Re: Msn Messenger

Post by Skye »

1.) Try not to use all caps.

2.) No.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

u can get hacked on msn messenger? how does that happen, how do you know? :huh:
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

hmm...Adam, you really scare me with how much you know! I never thought of that...my password isn't easy but can be figured out if you do talk to me...hmm...

What happens if you get hacked...do you like just change your password and everything is ok?

~Jeff~
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

I took a course in security... one thing i really want to get into is the RSA keys that change every minute that go with loging into a network from a remote location. My dad has one for his work (CIBC Bank) and the number on the item changes every minute. If the correct #, along with his username, password, and network name are not entered before the # changes, he will not get in and he will have to re-type it with the new number.

Fucking kickass security system.... but ya... Social engineering is what many use to hack.... any real hacker that is.... otherwise a scriptkiddie will install a Trojan horse by sending you a small game (normally a game but could be attached to any program.... which is why an antivirus scanner with updated definitions is highly recommended, along with a firewall, so that if they do get you to install the trojan horse, you will be sure that your firewall blocks them and anyone else from coming in, regardless if you have the trojan installed.

if you get hacked, there's only certain things you can do.... find a way to recover the account. This type of hacking attempt is OBVIOUS.

One time, phillip socially enginnered me and found, and hacked my Linux box..... and was able to do a lot of things on my computer network because of it..... he had the access for 2 months and I never knew about it until i went through some history.... So now, I've secured that box with a type of Intruder Detection System (IDS) script that will allow me to monitor all my logins. I also made my password an 6 character long cryptic password with uppercase, lowercase, numbers and symbols that is easily remembered through keystrokes.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

Sliver
Veteran

Post by Sliver »

lol OD, ur scary... :P i have Anti Virus, Software Firewall, and hardware Firewall on the ADSL Link..... and only my closest friends could have even a stab at what my password was.... so how they found it i dont know.
Sliver, A.K.A Tom/Tommy/Tommy Boy (thanks to Lisa and sweethelp)

Moderated with Sweethelp in Bullying forum from Oct 6 2003 to 2006 sometime.

Moderated in the Self Expression Forum and Computer forum mainly, along with the rest of the lounge, until December 2006.

daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

Don't use ACTUAL words for your passwords, and if you do.. add some random numbers on the end of it.
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

For better passwords, perhaps you should use my tool? :P

http://www.teenhelp.org/index.php?p=passgen
HelpingTeens.org:

phillip
Loyal

Post by phillip »

Correction, you used that password on other TeenHelp logins, and I never used it to do anything with your "computer network," I used it to download one specific file. Secondly, I had an active user account on your box, so I was granted access anyway.

You found out because I rewrote some of the TeenHelp's forums code and fessed up, despite you guys never knowing what I had done.
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

phillip
Loyal

Post by phillip »

I have a photographic memory, if you tell me something, especially a password, I'm not likely to forget it.

Hack AIM accounts? heh. What's AIM?

*smirks*
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

HelpingTeens.org:

Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

im kinda wondering what you'd do with the ip address of the person who "hacked you." theres really nothing you can do.

and people think im crazy for having a 10+ character all numbers password...
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

All numeric passwords are some the easiest to crack...that's just fact. Second only to dictionary words. You need to use letters and numbers...and for the best passwords, use uppercase and lowercase letters as well as numbers. No real need for symbols or punctuation, but they just add to the complexity which is good.

The best policy is to make passwords like I described, and rotate them every so often. Here are some good password examples from my password generator that I made. Obviously since they are now posted on the support groups I 100% advice against using them. Just use the password generator. :)

Code: Select all

75yNbB23iZ

4hYSyeSTYt

m5q9Z3Ikva

fJWMDGKRMe

wCfBjmw1JA

HelpingTeens.org: