Agp/pci And Ram

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Onigami
Loyal

Agp/pci And Ram

Post by Onigami »

My computer is a T2885, and has three PCI bus slots. I am wondering if i can install an AGP bus without getting a whole new mother board. Also, what PCI card would be equivelent to a Radeon 9800 AGP? Im trying to buy from either ATI of Nvidia. My last question is this, the maximum capacity for Random Access Memory (RAM is 1 GB, i currently have 512 RAM, is it worht upgrading?
Aimed low, settled for less.
OverDrive
Veteran

Re: Agp/pci And Ram

Post by OverDrive »

EWW, an Emachine

you would need a whole new motherboard as AGP is it's own port and link to the northbridge (PCI goes to the southbridge)

Emachines are not meant for upgrading, they are meant as a cheap ass solution to getting a relatively cheap computer that can work. It's not meant as a gaming station, it's not made for graphic design... it's made for a simple computing function.

RAM is cheap, go pick up a 512 meg dimm for less than 90 bucks canadian. If it's worth it to you, by all means get it

Nothing is comparable for a PCI video card to an AGP video card. AGP = Accelerated Graphics Port. There's a reason for it's existance, it's to make video cards better and faster. You will not find a PCI complient video card that matches any AGP video card... even the low end 1X AGP are better than PCI
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
big_johnson
Loyal

Re: Agp/pci And Ram

Post by big_johnson »

Installing a AGP port into a mobo without one.

To do that, call Jesus and get him to do it. Cause it cannot be done, as far as I know.

Having a gig of ram is quite nice to have. You don't have to worry about running out. So, if you have the money then go ahead and do it. If your short on cash, don't worry about it. Also, as Overdrive said you find a PCI card equivalent to an Radeon 9800 AGP. Unless, of course, your Jesus cause he has everything. lol
"Others who broke my heart. They were like northern stars, pointing me on my way into your loving arms. This much I know is true, that God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you."

Lying close to you feelin' your heart beatin. And Im wonderin' what you're dreamin. Wonderin' if its me your seeing. Then I kiss your eyes and thank God we're together. I just wanna stay with you in this moment forever!

"Take time with a wounded hand cause it likes to heal"

-Nirvana