Hair Help

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

cheesehead_xena
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Hair Help

Post by cheesehead_xena »

Hi! I have thick curly hair, medium length. i was wondering if anyone knew of some quick easy hairstyles i can do besides a bun and pony tail (i have no clue how to french braid) any step by step instructions would be REAL helpful! thanks! ~Tina~
spritz
Loyal

Re: Hair Help

Post by spritz »

lol....hmmm...i don't have curly hair, so i don't think i'd be of much help...but why don't you search it up on the net, or go to a salon. Salon people will definitely be helpful since they've got tons of experience working with all sorts of hair-types.
cheesehead_xena
Hooked On HelpingTeens

I've searched online and most of the "easy" ones i find are too hard for me lol i dont know how to do anything with my hair really... and i promised my hair stylest that after prom i wouldnt make her do anymore up do's or anything of that sort on me:P poor girl.. she had to do my hair for 6 dances and it took over 2 hours each time! anyways, thanks for the ideas:D
Shwynsh
Veteran

Post by Shwynsh »

try straightening it, then putting it half- half down...

straightening it would give a whole new look to a simple ponytail and all that..

or if you just want quick easy styles for your hair, then braid it! pigtail braids... they're easy and they look really cute.
<span style=\'color:gray\'

"I have a feeling that you're riding for some kind of a terrible, terrible fall. . . . This fall I think you're riding for-it's a special kind of fall, a horrible kind. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. He just keeps falling and falling. The whole arrangement's designed for men who, at some time or other in their lives, were looking for something their own environment couldn't supply them with. Or they thought their own environment couldn't supply them with. So they gave up looking. They gave it up before they ever really even got started"
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Originally posted by Shwynsh@Jun 28 2004, 03:53 PM

try straightening it, then putting it half- half down...

straightening it would give a whole new look to a simple ponytail and all that..

or if you just want quick easy styles for your hair, then braid it! pigtail braids... they're easy and they look really cute.

Agree, braid and pigtails are cute, and they give you the "innocent catholic schoolgirl" look...which more often than not, is very sexy.

Xena eh? I always liked the show...but then, I more liked the fact that the two hot chicks were running around and beating up all the men. ;) Plus, they were lesbian!

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

My hair is wavy just like you.. and the only way it will do anything cute is when I straighten it. Otherwise I look like fara fossit as a brunette.
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy
nicolie_2005
Loyal

Post by nicolie_2005 »

Originally posted by SexyMandy@Jun 29 2004, 12:15 AM

My hair is wavy just like you.. and the only way it will do anything cute is when I straighten it. Otherwise I look like fara fossit as a brunette.
That's not a bad thing.. she's pretty.. :P
<span style=\'font-family:Arial\'* 98% of american teens use or have tried pot. If you are part of the 2% that hasnt put this in your info! *
English_Rose
Loyal

Post by English_Rose »

cheesehead_xena
Hooked On HelpingTeens

what's a slide-plait? and whats the difference between a normal straightner and a ghd? like, how is it they work better?

do you guys have any tips for straightning hair with an iron?/ i can never get all of it, my arms get tierd before im even half done? hmm i havent done the braided pig tails since haloween last year but i was thinking of doing it next time i wear my new cowboy hat! (its soooo cute! purple and black hehe i love it!)

I'll try and get on my other computer soon and leave some pictures on here of me so you can kind of see what im dealing with :P

haha jenna, i got the nick name xena from my basketball coach in middle school because once i got the ball i'd fight for it to keep it and most people couldnt get it away
Shwynsh
Veteran

Post by Shwynsh »

Get a ceramic straightener-

they're a little expensive, but they don't damage your hair as much, and it does it MUUUCH quicker. Do it little layers, I suggest using a comb before straightening it, it keeps it less tangled.. lol I watch all my friends do this i'm used to it :P
<span style=\'color:gray\'

"I have a feeling that you're riding for some kind of a terrible, terrible fall. . . . This fall I think you're riding for-it's a special kind of fall, a horrible kind. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. He just keeps falling and falling. The whole arrangement's designed for men who, at some time or other in their lives, were looking for something their own environment couldn't supply them with. Or they thought their own environment couldn't supply them with. So they gave up looking. They gave it up before they ever really even got started"
cheesehead_xena
Hooked On HelpingTeens

how do you do it layer at a time?? I've tried doing it in chunks... like seperate my hair into sections liek you would for braids (only smaller) and try to do it that way, but its difficult for me to do it for the back of my head
English_Rose
Loyal

Post by English_Rose »

love_not_war
Loyal

Post by love_not_war »

i wouldent suggest straight irons... i knew a girl with curly hair and its sooooo fried.. mabey try that frizzees hair siyrum(i cant spell worth shit) that stuff they say gets ur hair pretty good with a blow dryer... good luck..
Muh eLJay[livejournal]

"*Don't be a drag baby...

I dig you a lot, and if it makes any difference, I'm in the band.

No no no, I don't sing.

No, I don't play guitar.

I play tambourine...lead tambourine!*"

"I Try To Look At Your Face, But All I Can See Are Your Breast!"

"It Really Hurted When I Banged The Floor!!"

"A Fry With No Salt Is Like A Butt With No Hair!!!"

"My Tummy Just Went 'BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH' haha!"

"*So don't let the world bring you down,

Not everyone here is that fucked up and cold.

Remember why you came and while you're alive,

Experience the warmth before you grow old.*"
his_babie_gurl
Loyal

Post by his_babie_gurl »

As many people have posted on here straightening it would be really cute. Then you could leave it down with a cute little part-maybe to the side, zig-zag, diaganol. Or part it one of those ways that I already mentioned and put it in a ponytail. You could always leave it curly and just gel it and leave it down for the day. That's always cute.

Sarah