Irony

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Brad
Veteran

Irony

Post by Brad »

Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
four
Veteran

Re: Irony

Post by four »

That is great news about the International Criminal Court. I am incredibly glad to hear that we will no longer be exempt from the International Criminal Court, it is absolutely appalling that we ever were. Seeing as we are one of the largest perpetrators of terrorism and torture, we should be prone to investigation and sanctions just as the rest of the world.
NAAM
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Umm, you do know The Onion is a fictional newspaper, right? Obviously the vast majority of Iraqis are still alive, but most "news" isn't news. Sorry, you just included it w/ the serious articles, I didn't know if you take them seriously.

However, I do agree with your point. The problem is, many of the African countries have no effect (or affect?) on our economy, so nobody in the media or government pays much attention to them. Zimbabwe opresses white people and there are all kinds of civil wars within a number of the African countries. Unfortunatley, it's the way the world works.

Doug

PS. The failure for immunity for war crimes of soldiers IS a significant story in my opinion.
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good