Vic-tor-ee

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Doug
Veteran

Re: Vic-tor-ee

Post by Doug »

Originally posted by yoaliens3000@Jul 14 2004, 10:26 PM

u took the words right out of my mouth.

Wait....what? Is that sarcasm that I'm not getting? You really believe that's right? Please explain....:bag:

Doug
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
pynkgodde55
Loyal

Post by pynkgodde55 »

I don't think gays should be able to get married bc it is reserved for religion but i think they should be able to be equal which mean civil unions having the same rights a marriage. So basically civil unions=marriage w/out the religion aspect. Does that make sense???
[center]Image[/center]

[center]Xanga/MySpace[/center][center]Wanna Know More about Jen?[/center]
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Pynk - Civil Union =/= (does not equal) marriage. There are rights that a married couple gets that a couple with a civil union does not get. You are right, marriage should be strictly religious, everyone should get civil unions, but because that will never happen, gays should be allowed to get married. We're not asking to marry in a religious institution, we're asking to be married by the state. There is a large difference.

Doug
hopeless_
Loyal

Post by hopeless_ »

the meaning of getting married depends on the people that are actually getting married... if two atheist get married, then they don't think of marriage as a religious thing, they just want to coommit to eachother and show their devotion to one another... if two gay ppl want to get married it's obvious they love eachother (most of the time), and just because some ppl find that against their religion u want to stop them?? that's not rite... u know the bible is also against divorces, but many christians still divorce... gays should have the right to get married just like straight ppl do... it really depends on their beliefs if it's wrong or not, but it's not other ppl's business...

i hope that makes sense..

take care,

andy
four
Veteran

Post by four »

Marriage is something that the federal government should not be involved in. An marriage granted by the state, under the 1st ammendment, can not involve any religion into it. It should simply be for monitary, economical, and other freedoms that are granted by the federal government for 2 people joining together as a permanent couple.

The constitution is there to protect us from the federal government, that is its basic purpose, to establish a federal goverment and limit the actions of it, not of the people. We do not have ammendments that limit the rights of the people, except for 1, the 18th which was later repealed by the 21st. Do not let the federal government gain more power, fight it at all costs. Leave the power in the hands of the people and the states.
NAAM
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

[quote]the meaning of getting married depends on the people that are actually getting married... if two atheist get married, then they don't think of marriage as a religious thing, they just want to coommit to eachother and show their devotion to one another... if two gay ppl want to get married it's obvious they love eachother (most of the time), and just because some ppl find that against their religion u want to stop them?? that's not rite... u know the bible is also against divorces, but many christians still divorce... gays should have the right to get married just like straight ppl do... it really depends on their beliefs if it's wrong or not, but it's not other ppl's business...

i hope that makes sense..

take care,

You took the words right out of my mouth. That's exactly what I meant to say.

And Four, yes, I agree with you. States SHOULD have the power to decide, but I also think that it shouldn't be questioned whether we should be allowed to marry or not. Our marriage does not affect your straight marriage, so I don't see what the big fucking deal is.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
four
Veteran

Post by four »

Scary that almost half of the Senate wanted to undermine freedom...
NAAM
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

Originally posted by Doug+Jul 15 2004, 09:10 AM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Doug @ Jul 15 2004, 09:10 AM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-yoaliens3000@Jul 14 2004, 10:26 PM

u took the words right out of my mouth.

Wait....what? Is that sarcasm that I'm not getting? You really believe that's right? Please explain....:bag:

Doug[/b][/quote]

i was being about as sarcastic as you were in your previous post. ;-)
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Arg! That doesn't help anything! Do you believe that it should be "Pretty much equality for all" or not? You're really confusing me! :bag:

Doug
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Originally posted by T.B.H@Jul 29 2004, 11:16 AM

You call this a victory? I call this a tragedy! I dont support gay marriage! I wish it had passed!

Why do you call it a tragedy? Why don't you support gay marriage?

Doug
MattMan
Veteran

Post by MattMan »

i think that marriage should be allowed for everyone. so what if it's against what religion says? (sorry im not good with words right now lol)

religion also says that god forgives
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

Originally posted by T.B.H@Jul 29 2004, 11:16 AM

You call this a victory? I call this a tragedy! I dont support gay marriage! I wish it had passed!

i dont support gay marriage, but i support this amendment not passing. im wondering why you say its a tragedy.
5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

i think it would have been the stuppidest thing ever if people added this amendment to the Constitution ! i mean damn this is the freaking higest law in the country and every little thing that people dont agree on shouldnt be dumped there just cause........what's next amendment about race? .........about the whole gay marriage thing i dont care either way, as long as those people are happy and stop bitching at the whole world then i guess i'm ok with it
Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Originally posted by T.B.H@Jul 29 2004, 09:16 AM

Goddamit dude.

Okay, did you read my post in religion? No? Okay, I'll post it here.

HOW DARE YOU INSULT ME LIKE THAT???

Oh, fantastic. So you're saying that I should just be unhappy the rest of my life by sleeping with and marrying a man? How would you feel if I told you it was unnatural to be straight and you had to sleep with a woman? You wouldn't be happy would you? Just because it's normal for YOU to like to opposite gender doesn't mean that what you say just goes. Granted, heterosexuality IS more commonly found, but what's the difference between races?

TBH, grow up! Do you have any idea how insulting that was to me? Oh yeah, I'm not getting enough DICK, so I just SNAPPED and decided to become GAY! Oh yeah, it MUST be because I don't have ENOUGH guys around me. Listen. I have a boyfriend, whom I'm very unhappy with right now. It feels UNNATURAL for me to make out with him as it would feel UNNATURAL for you to make out with another guy. Do you know WHY I have a boyfriend? It's because people like YOU emphasize that me liking the same gender is WRONG, so I feel pressured to go out there and get a boyfriend. For gods sakes. It's hard enough to deal with the whole sexuality thing at this age. I'll bet you that somebody in your family is gay. Please just look out and realise that there's more to life than what seems normal to you. How dare you insult me like that? Saying that I'm choosing to be gay because I just haven't found the right man. That is so childish of you, and you need to go out and see what really goes on.

And you're saying that I shouldn't be allowed to raise children? Straight couples raise gay children. Remember that.

Cheers,

Jenna

P.S. This is not an attack. It just makes me sad to see that somebody so naive can just say things like that an not expect somebody to lash back out at them. A trgedy? Fine, I'm a tragedy then. But I'm still a human being, and I deserve the same goddamn things you do.

yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

Originally posted by Paris In Flames+Jul 29 2004, 06:30 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Paris In Flames @ Jul 29 2004, 06:30 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-T.B.H@Jul 29 2004, 09:16 AM

Goddamit dude.

Okay, did you read my post in religion? No? Okay, I'll post it here.

HOW DARE YOU INSULT ME LIKE THAT???

Oh, fantastic. So you're saying that I should just be unhappy the rest of my life by sleeping with and marrying a man? How would you feel if I told you it was unnatural to be straight and you had to sleep with a woman? You wouldn't be happy would you? Just because it's normal for YOU to like to opposite gender doesn't mean that what you say just goes. Granted, heterosexuality IS more commonly found, but what's the difference between races?

TBH, grow up! Do you have any idea how insulting that was to me? Oh yeah, I'm not getting enough DICK, so I just SNAPPED and decided to become GAY! Oh yeah, it MUST be because I don't have ENOUGH guys around me. Listen. I have a boyfriend, whom I'm very unhappy with right now. It feels UNNATURAL for me to make out with him as it would feel UNNATURAL for you to make out with another guy. Do you know WHY I have a boyfriend? It's because people like YOU emphasize that me liking the same gender is WRONG, so I feel pressured to go out there and get a boyfriend. For gods sakes. It's hard enough to deal with the whole sexuality thing at this age. I'll bet you that somebody in your family is gay. Please just look out and realise that there's more to life than what seems normal to you. How dare you insult me like that? Saying that I'm choosing to be gay because I just haven't found the right man. That is so childish of you, and you need to go out and see what really goes on.

And you're saying that I shouldn't be allowed to raise children? Straight couples raise gay children. Remember that.

Cheers,

Jenna

P.S. This is not an attack. It just makes me sad to see that somebody so naive can just say things like that an not expect somebody to lash back out at them. A trgedy? Fine, I'm a tragedy then. But I'm still a human being, and I deserve the same goddamn things you do.[/b][/quote]

you shouldnt take everything so personally you know...
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Originally posted by yoaliens3000@Jul 29 2004, 07:37 PM

Well, you are talking about whether or not she should be allowed to get married. TBH is saying that it's a tradgedy that she may be allowed to get maried. Seems pretty personal to me...

Doug
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

Originally posted by Doug+Jul 29 2004, 08:04 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Doug @ Jul 29 2004, 08:04 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-yoaliens3000@Jul 29 2004, 07:37 PM

Well, you are talking about whether or not she should be allowed to get married. TBH is saying that it's a tradgedy that she may be allowed to get maried. Seems pretty personal to me...

Doug[/b][/quote]

theres no excuse for getting so upset and worked up about something that some guy said over the internet.
four
Veteran

Post by four »

Uh one thing about your post though Jenna. You mentioned something about a post in religion, but did T.B.H. actually say anything about you not being able to raise kids or being homosexual is a choice? Cause he did not in this topic and you should not assume he believes all of that unless he said it somewhere else.
NAAM
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Originally posted by four@Jul 29 2004, 07:22 PM

Uh one thing about your post though Jenna. You mentioned something about a post in religion, but did T.B.H. actually say anything about you not being able to raise kids or being homosexual is a choice? Cause he did not in this topic and you should not assume he believes all of that unless he said it somewhere else.

I copied and pasted what I wrote in religion into here, but I thought it got the point across. Sorry, but he DID say in religion that gay people shouldn't be allowed to adopt children. Sorry for the confusion.

But first off, I shouldn't have gotten as worked up as I did, but he insulted me! I know, you may not get worked up about stuff like that, but I do, and I'm sorry that I have a short fuse on things that regard WHO I AM.

Cheers,

Jenna