Midi-url

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

gcfreekfan
Loyal

Midi-url

Post by gcfreekfan »

I want to creat my own music boxes for my webpages so I dont have to link other people, Will any way I got this code off funky chicken HTML help and it sais i need a midi-url...im not exactly sure how to get one...can someone help me please?
XX:XXDEAD AND HELPLESSSTOP ABORTIONXX:XX

My Journal
Sovek
Loyal

Re: Midi-url

Post by Sovek »

do you want a midi to play in the background? if so here is the code.

Code: Select all

<bgsound src="yourmidi.mid">

it would be a good idea to put the midi in the same folder on the host as the index.htm file is (or whatever page it is on).
Flush the Johns, Vote republican

<span style=\'color:BLUE\' Ten out of ten terrorist support John F'in Kerry for president

gcfreekfan
Loyal

Post by gcfreekfan »

I no the code but how do u get a midi?

My Journal
Sovek
Loyal

Post by Sovek »

well, you could download the Noteworthy Composer at http://www.noteworthysoftware.com however that requires musical skills and know music theory. Tell ya what, tell me what song your looking for and Ill try and find it (I may already have it)

<span style=\'color:BLUE\' Ten out of ten terrorist support John F'in Kerry for president

Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

you can use real music [no pun intended] as well.. .rm files... you can download them from others and host them in your own webspace..

the code:

Code: Select all

<embed align=top src='http://servername.com/filename.rm' width=175 height=65 type=audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin loop=0 autostart=true controls=all border=1>

filename.rm can be replaced with a myriad of extensions.. as long as it is some shitty winamp type file.. like .ogg

- nick
--nj

Sovek
Loyal

Post by Sovek »

that is not advisable guys, the load time would be LONG and it increase how much bandwidth you use, and RM sucks, thats why I dont use it (course WMP isnt far behind) AND not all people will be able to hear it. as a webdesigner, DONT take that course of action, use midi.

four
Veteran

Post by four »

.OGG is not a shitty winamp file type. It is a completly different company that develops it and you even have to download a seperate plugin to use it in winamp. It reduces the size while maintaining the quality, and the only reason I do not use it is because it is not common enough yet.
NAAM
gcfreekfan
Loyal

Post by gcfreekfan »

Thanks guys. I am usualy pritty good at webdesign and stuff...but i couldnt figure that out...thanx 4 ur help :) I guess im stuck using moozik-jamz.com

My Journal