Hackers....

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Valture
Loyal

Hackers....

Post by Valture »

This may/may not be a helpful post to you all, but I feel maybe it should be put out there. I've had a lot of friends have issues with people "hacking" them and they always see to talk to me for help. So basically, heres some tips on what to believe when you think you got a hacker, and what to do when you do have one hacking your system.

Ok, first, how do we identify if we have a hacker? Most hackers, use a trojan horse virus, which allows remote access to your computer using the virus. Sub7 is one of the more known trojan horses. To be infected by most troajans, you'll have to open a *.exe file. So what happends usually is you open up the virus, without knowing so at the time, and a notification is sent to the hacker who prepared that virus. The file you opened is called the server. So now you have a program running and allowing access to you computer through a port. A port is a number that allows information to travel from and away from your computer. The server opens up a port set up by the hacker to allow access into your computer. So now the hacker has the ability to get into your computer.

Now, since the hacker has the ability to get into your computer, how do you stop them from doing it and how can you catch them? Well to stop them from hacking you, its quite easy, download/buy an anti-virus program and simply update and run it to remove the program. However, if you want to catch them(which can be always fun), you have to let them hack you first. Now, what you need to do is get a program to monitor the connections to your computer. The program I used to use was called Nuke Nabber, however, I don't think its able to be downloaded anymore. So, if you can find a program, let it run, and if all of a sudden you notice an connection from a place you dont know about, copy it, past it into a text file and then save it, and then the best thing for that time is to disable your internet to stop the hacker from being in your computer. So now you'll have their ip address. Now, the best thing to do with it first off is to DNS it, the way i prefer since its easiest, is to go onto mIRC and type "/dns ipadresshere". After finding out its host, look at the last part of it and it'll have "anamehere.com/net/org/ect....". That's its internet provider, go to their site, find a contact link and send a log of that person connecting to your computer, and if your lucky, they get in trouble!

Now if you don't have the time or want to find a program, go and do this. Wait until you notice that they are on your computer(they close programs, talk to you, start messing with your computer, ect...). Once you know they're on, go to Start - Run - and then type "cmd"(Note: If your computer is on older systems, go to Start - Programs - MS Dos-Prompt. Now that you have a dos window open(you'll know by it being a black window with white text) type "netstat". This will give you a list of ips/hosts connected to your computer. After you get it, copy it, put it in a text file and save it and then follow the steps in the last paragraph.

So, thats the basic way to bust people if they do hack you and what you can do to get them to stop. This part will be on how to identify if your going to be hacked, or have your computer harmed in some way. One situation that seems to play out is, your online, and you either are talking to someone or someone that doesn't like you msgs you and threatens to hack you. Now, see, a lot of people do this, and usually isn't meant to be taken seriously. However if you are truely worried, ask them how and ask them what your ip address is. If they don't give you an answer to the ip address question or don't even know your ip address, they most likely don't have it and can't get into your computer. Your ip address, is like your computers address on the internet. So anyhow, you got this person whos threating to hack you and now your worried on whats going to happend to your computer. Well the next question you should ask is, what are you going to do to my computer? Any hacker would love to share his/her evil plans for your computer, so if they dont answer, ignore em, block em if you have to. Now lets look at what they say. If they mention anything that will cause your computer any type of physical harm(as in make it so it wont even turn on anymore), they are lieing, it is possible but there are few people who can actually do something like that. Now, more serious threats would be, deleting most files on your computer(not all files can be erased due to being used while the computer is on), stealing saved passwords, or just generally making your computer usage a living hell. It is not posisble for them to format(or wipe clean) your hard-drive while in windows, its just can't happend. Files in use cannot be deleted no matter how hard you try, they must not be running to get rid of them.

So now, thats the basics on most hackers out there. Most of them are lieing, I could honestly say, 2/3 of all the people who will mention to you that they can hack you, can't. Also remember, the term hacking means to enter into someones elses computer WITHOUT permission. If you go and say, go ahead hack into my computer, its not illegal anymore, since you gave them the permission. If you have further questions about hackers, feel free to post them here and i'll try to help you out. However, I will not answer questions on how TO hack. So I hope this information helps out a little and gives you all a little more knowledge.
In life, theres always someone for everyone, but what happend if your someone died before you even met them?
toria720
Loyal

Re: Hackers....

Post by toria720 »

Thanks for the info..i actually enjoyed reading up on it
"What's another word for thesaurus?"

"Sex is one of the most wholesome, beautiful and natural experiences that money can buy."-Steve Martin

"Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem."-Phil Donahue

"Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn."-Charlie Parker

Email: Toria720@yahoo.com

AIM: Babyface102938

Feel free to PM me too!
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

Many people go around calling themselves a hacker, when really they are just some trojan using lamer. Real hackers are intelligent, curious and patient. They are hungry for information and want to see what might be on a system.

They are willing to read, listen and try things out over and over until they have perfected it. Real hackers do not break into systems just to cause damage and destruction. The problem is, the lamers cause damage and the real hackers get into shit about it. Real hackers have gained a bad name because of malicious lamers.

Real hackers enjoy going where they haven't been before, finding new things. Not deleting files and shutting people down. Real hackers understand that hacking is about gaining access and then finding information. For the people who wanna become real hackers, the key is reading and learning from others.

Signed, The Real Kevin Mitnick

This is part of what Kevin Mitnick said at some point in time. It is truely a great definition of the meaning of hacker.

Another way to prevent people from 'attacking' your computer is to get a firewall, but a firewall won't always protect you. As virueses/trojans/sub7 get more advanced, they will learn how to disable your firewall and antivirus programs so that it can still be used. But that time is not at the present.

index.php?showtopic=29803

This will keep your systems up to date and 'less prone' to hacking attemps by script kiddies using sub7.

Remember, if a REAL hacker want's in your computer, there's nothing you can do but try and make it difficult for him that he loses interest, because otherwise, you can't stop him/her.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
Valture
Loyal

Post by Valture »

Thats a great quote, thanks for sharing that overdrive. Your right tho, firewalls can't really prevent hackers from getting you, and in some instances they end up making things worse for you and some are so "protective" they dont let you online! I guess it does prove something, if you want to be truely protected from hackers on the internet, DONT USE THE INTERNET!
In life, theres always someone for everyone, but what happend if your someone died before you even met them?