The Winning Rapist

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

girl_about_town
Veteran

Re: The Winning Rapist

Post by girl_about_town »

Originally posted by 5a5@Aug 15 2004, 09:44 PM

right sure, they shouldnt TAKE the money from him, he shouldnt be allowed to GET the money in the first place

Why not? why shouldn't he be allowed to get the money? he won it... yeah he has done some bad things, and he most likely is going to reoffend but that doesn't mean that you should take away all his rights.

me personally, i think it would be nice if he did something pro-active with the money. something that will help him. like setting up a centre for rapists to get help. but that's not gonna happen. i've read statements about him in the newspapers. he'll rape again, and again until he gets locked up for life. only next time he might not stop at rape...
Love Katie x x x
5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

Originally posted by Doug+Aug 16 2004, 05:22 AM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Doug @ Aug 16 2004, 05:22 AM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-5a5@Aug 15 2004, 10:44 PM

right sure, they shouldnt TAKE the money from him, he shouldnt be allowed to GET the money in the first place

Then maybe we should live in a communist country...

Doug[/b][/quote]

that just made no sense , that asshole raped someone can u get that through ur heads?! he lost all privilages and benefits that people living in this country have the second he did that ! i mean i dont get u people, like kneesofbees said maybe he should use the money to post bail?? i mean if he has rights and shit? or he can buy a nice little house so he can invite people over and rape 'em? i dont understand some of u
Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come
girl_about_town
Veteran

Love Katie x x x
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

--nj

girl_about_town
Veteran

Originally posted by kneesofmybees+Aug 16 2004, 04:29 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (kneesofmybees @ Aug 16 2004, 04:29 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-5a5@Aug 16 2004, 03:32 PM

that just made no sense ,? that asshole raped someone can u get that through ur heads?! he lost all privilages and benefits that people living in this country have the second he did that ! i mean i dont get u people, like kneesofbees said maybe he should use the money to post bail?? i mean if he has rights and shit? or he can buy a nice little house so he can invite people over and rape 'em? i dont understand some of u

i was kidding on the bail thing smart one.. He hasn't lost any privs, he's only lost the right to be within society, he is excluded inside prison.. Somehow he came into contact with the outside to win this money, in which case, its a failure on the governments part.. He won the money fair and square, they should do their job to stop rapists and all these other so-called evil people from getting access to the outside world..

to me, its the government failing to take responsibility for some oversight.. at least the rapist took responsibilty and didn't ditch out on his jail terms somehow..[/b][/quote]

aah see i dont think that link really tells the whole truth of the matter. it's twisted it to make it look different.

what happened was - because he's a long term prisoner he got to go out on a weekend leave. he's done it before in the past - he's gone shopping etc, used the internet in libraries, allsorts. the last time he went on leave he bought a lotto ticket. and won.
Love Katie x x x
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

point made.. rapists get to leave prison?? that seems like a bright idea..
--nj

5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

heh i agree with u kneesofbees, but i would be harder on him than u, he should have no rights at all, no leave, no shopping, library whatever, i dont give a damn if that violates human rights or something, he did something horrible to another human being ( from what u guys said that's not the first time he raped someone !! hello), so probably wont be the last time either, and why should that asshole get any money?at all? even if he gets out, once he committed that crime he'll be labeled for life, and he should be!

The best is yet to come
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Originally posted by 5a5@Aug 16 2004, 10:35 PM

i dont give a damn if that violates human rights or something

That's what I meant by communist country. If you believe in the American Justice System, then once he got out he has paid for his crime. However, you obviously don't, and that statement is one of communist nations.

Doug
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

Originally posted by Doug+Aug 16 2004, 08:40 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Doug @ Aug 16 2004, 08:40 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-5a5@Aug 16 2004, 10:35 PM

That's what I meant by communist country. If you believe in the American Justice System, then once he got out he has paid for his crime. However, you obviously don't, and that statement is one of communist nations.

Doug[/b][/quote]

i believe some criminals can pay for their crimes , criminals who steal stuff or something, but not rapists! how can he ever possibly pay for his crimes? he's not even punished right now if he gets to go out and enjoy stuff, and then goes back and is fed and is given a place to stay until the next time he feel like goin out for a break, i mean it's not a punishment

The best is yet to come
four
Veteran

Post by four »

Then change the law in the future. However you cannot do what you want, you cannot just decide that he cannot get the money, that is illegal. The government needs to base its actions on the legal system and there is nothing you can do about it. He won the damned money fair and square, and as much as we despise it there is nothing we can do about it.

And Doug: It is the British legal system actually.
NAAM
girl_about_town
Veteran

Originally posted by 5a5+Aug 16 2004, 09:48 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (5a5 @ Aug 16 2004, 09:48 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'
Originally posted by Doug@Aug 16 2004, 08:40 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-5a5
@Aug 16 2004, 10:35 PM

Doug

i believe some criminals can pay for their crimes , criminals who steal stuff or something, but not rapists! how can he ever possibly pay for his crimes? he's not even punished right now if he gets to go out and enjoy stuff, and then goes back and is fed and is given a place to stay until the next time he feel like goin out for a break, i mean it's not a punishment[/b][/quote]

it's not like that at all. and im sure that LT prisoners get weekend leave in America too. it's just something that isn't really talked about a lot. and it's to do with their behaviour, deals alsorts. it's more indepth than you think.

here - i found this for you. hopefully it explains it better than i can.

You can get long home leave of 5 consecutive days (excluding travel time) if you are an adult prisoner serving 18 months or more, a life prisoner with a provisional release date or a young offender serving 12 months or more. Many prisoners can get short home leave of 2 days (excluding travel time).

I think that the rapists provisional release date is in December - well that's when he might be coming out.
Love Katie x x x
5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

i think it's completely wrong that they get to take a brake, i mean damn how do they let criminals take a brake from their punishment??

The best is yet to come
four
Veteran

Post by four »

He was in a minimum security prison and received time out for good behavior.
NAAM
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

Originally posted by four@Aug 17 2004, 10:59 PM

He was in a minimum security prison and received time out for good behavior.

thats like giving a 5 year old a 5 minute time out and then letting them get up after 1 minut... because they 'bahaved' in time out... thats a lhoad of shit..
--nj

5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

agreed, screw his good behavior, it doesnt compare to his 'bad behavior' when he went out and raped someone

The best is yet to come
ToraToraTora
Veteran

Post by ToraToraTora »

Ok. The system is all wrong. We already know that it can be better. Remember, nothing will ever satisfy everyone, but the current justice system is the result of years of compromise. Mistakes get made, but in the end, it's the hope that justice gets served.
Wheee. I'm Hyper-Emo.

ΔΦ of ΔΚΕ #981 Class of 2004

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Sir Winston Churchill
girl_about_town
Veteran

lets just say...there are REASONS why the government operates the way it does.

we all do it in real life...rub people up the right way to get what you want.
Love Katie x x x
skaterGuy15
Veteran

Post by skaterGuy15 »

Originally posted by 5a5+Aug 16 2004, 08:32 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (5a5 @ Aug 16 2004, 08:32 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'
Originally posted by Doug@Aug 16 2004, 05:22 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-5a5
@Aug 15 2004, 10:44 PM

Doug
that just made no sense , that asshole raped someone can u get that through ur heads?! he lost all privilages and benefits that people living in this country have the second he did that ! i mean i dont get u people, like kneesofbees said maybe he should use the money to post bail?? i mean if he has rights and shit? or he can buy a nice little house so he can invite people over and rape 'em? i dont understand some of u[/b][/quote]

If he gets those rights taken away then where would it end?

AHH HE RAPED SOMEONE, LETS NOT GIVE HIM ANY FOOD!

AHH HE RAPED SOMEONE, LETS FINE HIM FOR EVERY BREATH OF AIR HE TAKES!

See.. it just doesn't work. It has to end somewhere. He won the money, he should keep the money. It doesn't seem right but there's nothing you can do.
I wish I were a spy.
wagon_wheel
Loyal

Post by wagon_wheel »

Originally posted by 5a5@Aug 13 2004, 10:26 PM

they should give his money to some organization for rape victims
I agree.

But then again he did win it......fuck him...he can rot in hell for raping someone!!!
[center] "Hot glassware looks just like cold glassware."

"Love is grand; divorce is a hundred grand."

^~^

=(o.o)=

(")_(")

[/center]
5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

Originally posted by love_in_a_box+Aug 19 2004, 05:47 AM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (love_in_a_box @ Aug 19 2004, 05:47 AM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'
Originally posted by 5a5@Aug 16 2004, 08:32 PM

Originally posted by Doug@Aug 16 2004, 05:22 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-5a5
@Aug 15 2004, 10:44 PM

Doug

that just made no sense , that asshole raped someone can u get that through ur heads?! he lost all privilages and benefits that people living in this country have the second he did that ! i mean i dont get u people, like kneesofbees said maybe he should use the money to post bail?? i mean if he has rights and shit? or he can buy a nice little house so he can invite people over and rape 'em? i dont understand some of u
If he gets those rights taken away then where would it end?

AHH HE RAPED SOMEONE, LETS NOT GIVE HIM ANY FOOD!

AHH HE RAPED SOMEONE, LETS FINE HIM FOR EVERY BREATH OF AIR HE TAKES!

See.. it just doesn't work. It has to end somewhere. He won the money, he should keep the money. It doesn't seem right but there's nothing you can do.[/b][/quote]

i said take away anything that would make his punishment 'fun' , for ex. tv, videos, books, music, getting weekends off.., it's obvious they should still feed him and give him a nice little cell where he can stay, feeding is needed so he lives and is punished, weekends off are privilages he doesnt deserve

The best is yet to come