Would You Push That Button?

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

FryGuy
Veteran

Re: Would You Push That Button?

Post by FryGuy »

Even if the person I killed when pushing the button wasn't Bush. I would have enough money to take him out.

About my sig. It is not mean. People eat cows all the time and you don't call them mean.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors" ~Plato

.533K:

"One death is a tragedy,

One million deaths is a statistic" ~Joseph Stalin
SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

I want to know what Craig thinks..

And God's sig is adorable :)
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy
CausticTears
Veteran

Post by CausticTears »

I'm still not sure I could trust that guy. What kind of guy would give me the power to push that button and get money from it. I'll tell you what kind of a guy..a) a guy who wanted to frame me for the murder of someone or b.) wanted me dead, so by pushing that button, he'd kill me. I would say No. And try and get that guy away from me. Then call the cops. :)
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

-Leo Buscaglia

[HT Chat Room ][ HT Articles ]

Get your badges
CanadaCraig
Veteran

Post by CanadaCraig »

Originally posted by SexyMandy@Aug 29 2004, 06:25 PM

WOW!!

Thanks SexyMandy!! :)

One thing that most people have a VERY tough time believing - is that MONEY does NOT MAKE YOU HAPPY!! Sure - it's great to have enough to buy shelter, clothes and food [and few little 'luxuries' to pass the time] but having a LOT of money can be more of a burden than a pleasure. I often see people interviewed on TV lining up to buy a lottery ticket whenever the jackpot is sky high. When asked - many of these people say that IF they won - their life wouldn't change that much. They'd even keep their old job, etc. Whenever I hear that - I cringe - because they have NO idea how much their life would change. Would you want to work next to some guy who is now worth $100,000,000? [especially if you have an out of work cousin who can't get a job] For most people - suddenly coming into tons of money - would be the worst thing that could ever happen to them. Everything that matters to them - like those lunch hour chats about how tough life is - would vanish. Most - if not all - of their friends would disappear. Family members and relatives would come out of the woodwork. And any 'date' you have since winning - would be suspect. Are they interested in YOU - or your money?! How would you ever know.

That said...

I would NEVER push that button. I'm upset if I think I've hurt someone's FEELINGS. I can only imagine how horrible I'd feel if I ended someone's LIFE. Besides - the premise of this little question was that you would not KNOW the person who would die. That someone could be anyone. Perhaps a man who is on the verge of curing cancer or AIDS. Or a woman [like Mother Teresa] who has already helps countless numbers of people - and would continue to do so. [unless of course - you push that button] Or maybe it would be someone who was on the verge of sharing vital information about a terrorist attack that would prevent the deaths of hundreds of thousands of North Americans. The attack was NOT prevented - unfortunately - and all those poeple DIED - thanks to that pushed button.

To be honest - only a few of you surprised me with your answer. Most of you responded just as I would have expected. As Nympheas said, "The true nature of all those on helpteens is coming out now... ". Unfortunately - not all of those 'natures' is something to feel good about.

GREAT BIG HUG

Craig!! :)
"It takes FAR MORE COURAGE to be KIND than it does to be CRUEL!!"

Be sure to LIKE my Love The Bully Facebook Page!

Please visit 'Cambilar'! It's where you'll find my eBooks!

I am a 54 year old guy from Canada!! :)
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Originally posted by CanadaCraig+Aug 30 2004, 01:16 AM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (CanadaCraig @ Aug 30 2004, 01:16 AM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-SexyMandy@Aug 29 2004, 06:25 PM

WOW!!

Thanks SexyMandy!! :)

One thing that most people have a VERY tough time believing - is that MONEY does NOT MAKE YOU HAPPY!! Sure - it's great to have enough to buy shelter, clothes and food [and few little 'luxuries' to pass the time] but having a LOT of money can be more of a burden than a pleasure. I often see people interviewed on TV lining up to buy a lottery ticket whenever the jackpot is sky high. When asked - many of these people say that IF they won - their life wouldn't change that much. They'd even keep their old job, etc. Whenever I hear that - I cringe - because they have NO idea how much their life would change. Would you want to work next to some guy who is now worth $100,000,000? [especially if you have an out of work cousin who can't get a job] For most people - suddenly coming into tons of money - would be the worst thing that could ever happen to them. Everything that matters to them - like those lunch hour chats about how tough life is - would vanish. Most - if not all - of their friends would disappear. Family members and relatives would come out of the woodwork. And any 'date' you have since winning - would be suspect. Are they interested in YOU - or your money?! How would you ever know.

That said...

I would NEVER push that button. I'm upset if I think I've hurt someone's FEELINGS. I can only imagine how horrible I'd feel if I ended someone's LIFE. Besides - the premise of this little question was that you would not KNOW the person who would die. That someone could be anyone. Perhaps a man who is on the verge of curing cancer or AIDS. Or a woman [like Mother Teresa] who has already helps countless numbers of people - and would continue to do so. [unless of course - you push that button] Or maybe it would be someone who was on the verge of sharing vital information about a terrorist attack that would prevent the deaths of hundreds of thousands of North Americans. The attack was NOT prevented - unfortunately - and all those poeple DIED - thanks to that pushed button.

To be honest - only a few of you surprised me with your answer. Most of you responded just as I would have expected. As Nympheas said, "The true nature of all those on helpteens is coming out now... ". Unfortunately - not all of those 'natures' is something to feel good about.

GREAT BIG HUG

Craig!! :)[/b][/quote]

Hhaha, I love you Craig. You have enough conscience for me as well.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
Harlequin
Loyal

Post by Harlequin »

My true nature was already out. You all know that I'm evil.

And I just thought of something, if I did push that button, then I would hope that whoever died was a midget.
<span style="font-family:Impact"<span style="color:purple"0 Days sarcasm free.[/u]
Sliver
Veteran

Post by Sliver »

happyness is not getting what you want, it is wanting what youve got. thank you for listening.
Sliver, A.K.A Tom/Tommy/Tommy Boy (thanks to Lisa and sweethelp)

Moderated with Sweethelp in Bullying forum from Oct 6 2003 to 2006 sometime.

Moderated in the Self Expression Forum and Computer forum mainly, along with the rest of the lounge, until December 2006.

FryGuy
Veteran

Post by FryGuy »

Originally posted by CanadaCraig@Aug 30 2004, 12:16 AM

That said...

GREAT BIG HUG

Craig!! :)

I know money doesn't buy happiness. I've been happy with nothing at all but the clothes on my back. You talk about how people wouldn't like you etc, wouldn't bother me. I would finnaly be able to do what I want. I could break contact with everyone and vanish. With that amount of money I could wander the world alone for the rest of my life. I know you'll probably say, wouldn't you get lonely? Oh no. If you can't be happy by yourself, you can't be happy with someone else.

About the killing of other people. I'm all about moving the human race foreward, but the possiblity of killing someone in the situation you described would be slim to none if it was in fact a "random" person. I think my christian friend put it best, "kill them all and let God sort them out."
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors" ~Plato

.533K:

"One death is a tragedy,

One million deaths is a statistic" ~Joseph Stalin