Chat

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

screamincharlie
Loyal

Chat

Post by screamincharlie »

I noticed that someone seems to be DoSing the chat server and has it completely shut down for a period of time, I wonder why anyone would do that since a few teenhelp sites are using it, its like lets all go and shut down the only way these people can get help. Neway, I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on this. :furious:
"It is only in the giving of oneself to others that we truly live."

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."

"Some people just don't know how to drive...I call these people "Everybody But Me."

"You will know that you really love someone, when you want them to be happy.. even if their happiness means you are not a part of it.."

I love Jennifer forever...
OverDrive
Veteran

Re: Chat

Post by OverDrive »

Our uplink has unplugged us for 24 hours due to another DoS attack. We are still researching alternate locations to host our machines. The machine will be back up at 8 PM PST.

I would like to ask for our customer's input. We are currently looking at a company that offers us the ability to deal with the DoS attacks. The only catch is the network/bandwidth might not be as fast as we currently have. So we would like to know which you prefer:

Possibly degraded connection speed and no DoS attacks

or getting unplugged for an hour after each DoS attack.

Thank you again for being patient with us while we attempt to resolve these issues.

From their support page :)
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
CausticTears
Veteran

Re: Chat

Post by CausticTears »

Hmm..*edit* Sucks.
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

-Leo Buscaglia

[HT Chat Room ][ HT Articles ]

Get your badges