Because I'm A Nice Person

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Harlequin
Loyal

Because I'm A Nice Person

Post by Harlequin »

This is Mattman's computer problem. He typed it up and is having me paste it for him because I'm awesome and I'm nice. So, here you go:

Ok the problem I'm having is that I can't get onto HT. Every other site works fine, and everything else on my computer works fine except one thing: Norton Antivirus. It won't go into auto-protect and it says there's an error in the email scanning. I've done virus scans and spyware scans like hell but to no avail, can anyone get to me on email or msn (cant get PM's) with some possible help?
<span style="font-family:Impact"<span style="color:purple"0 Days sarcasm free.[/u]
Sam!
Veteran

Re: Because I'm A Nice Person

Post by Sam! »

Send this to him:

Maybe the reason you can't get on HT is because your parents blocked it or you have software on your computer that is censoring sites. I know some schools have the site blocked. Ask your network administrator (probably your parents) about that.
-Sam!
Just4
Loyal

Post by Just4 »

Try having him tunnel through a browser proxy, if that works, its something on his side blocking it, if he is using Internet Explorer, have him check the blocked sites list, he may of accidentally added it, or tell him to goto start find files or folders type in "host" (without quotations) once it is done, have him examin the hosts files, and make sure helpingteens.org isn't pointing to a different IP.
MattMan
Veteran

Post by MattMan »

well, i have NO idea what i did, but now i'm back :D