Fitting A New Hard Drive

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

lt597
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Fitting A New Hard Drive

Post by lt597 »

Hi,

I have recently bought a new 80gb hard drive, so i need to get rid of my old 20g one. When i unsrew it at its location, and remove the IDE cable. Theres one remaining cable, which i think is the power cable. But no matter how hard i try and pull it out, it wont happen. Is there a special way of removing it? Please can anyone help.

Thanks.
OverDrive
Veteran

Re: Fitting A New Hard Drive

Post by OverDrive »

rock it back and forth a few times.... just keep rocking it back and forth... eventually it will come off. you may use something like plyers to try rocking it back and forth by gripping it, but watch out because you may wreck the power cable... do it GENTLY...
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
lt597
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Post by lt597 »

Done it and it works fine. Cheers.
basketballplayer1986

Post by basketballplayer1986 »

Yeah, those power connectors, they are called molex connectors, can get pretty tight. I think they are meant to be handled at least somewhat rough. After all, there's only four pins on it, and they are pretty thick. But yeah, rocking is usually the way to do it.
hawkburn
Loyal

Post by hawkburn »

Originally posted by basketballplayer1986@Sep 17 2004, 02:44 AM

Yeah, those power connectors, they are called molex connectors, can get pretty tight. I think they are meant to be handled at least somewhat rough. After all, there's only four pins on it, and they are pretty thick. But yeah, rocking is usually the way to do it.

Well, I've broken a molex before.. it sucked, mostly because it was a brand new $200 top-o-da-line power supply. But whatever, shit happens.
---Chris---

My Website.

BUSH - STILL not my president.