Can't Get Rid Of Spyware Or Adware

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Toy Soldier
Veteran

Can't Get Rid Of Spyware Or Adware

Post by Toy Soldier »

For months I've been trying to get rid of spyware and adware. I've used spybot and that adbot, but Im still getting shit through.And it really is pissing me off. I've used all the tips on the articles about adware and spyware, ive used those bot things. But I cant get rid. :'( Now, I have DSO Exploit adware or spyware thing. WTF? Im sorry, I have no ideas how to really work computers.
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
StressedOut
Loyal

Re: Can't Get Rid Of Spyware Or Adware

Post by StressedOut »

have you tried ad-aware?
Image Season 7 Begins- January 2009
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

That is a small bug with Spybot Search & Destroy. To put it simply: Spybot Search & Destroy is finding that a certain security setting for "Download unsigned ActiveX controls" for the "My Computer" zone in Internet Explorer is not disabled. This used to be a very severe security hole in Windows that Microsoft has long since patched up. As long as your system is fully patched using Windows Update you are no longer vulnerable to this exploit so there is nothing to worry about when you see these "DSO Exploit" errors.

It's basically a "false positive" since Spybot Search & Destroy does remove the registry values for this "DSO Exploit" but it does not properly remove them. It removes the "value" but it does not remove the "registry key" itself. Therefore every time a new Spybot Search & Destroy scan is run it still finds you as "vulnerable." Hopefully the next version of Spybot Search & Destroy will fix this annoying little bug in the software.

I even get the "DSO exploit" errors sometimes. But I don't have any spyware. It's just a bug that some users of Spybot Search & Destroy are getting, so don't worry about it sweetheart. If you still are paranoid after reading this, then I also recommend running Ad-Aware from http://www.lavasoftusa.com and Spyware Blaster from http://www.javacoolsoftware.com.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

I have adware. Thanks though! *hugs*
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

Originally posted by School of Rock Babe@Sep 13 2004, 12:27 PM

I have adware. Thanks though! *hugs*
yes, but is it AdAware SE???

They released a NEW version of the program. Ad-aware the origional will NO LONGER grab the updates for spyware.... ONLY THE NEW version will.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.