Federal Band On Assault Rifles Ending

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Brad
Veteran

Re: Federal Band On Assault Rifles Ending

Post by Brad »

California study: The California Department of Justice suppressed an official report showing that "assault weapons" comprised only 3.7% of the guns used in crime. While the report was eventually leaked to the media, it received little press coverage.
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

Virginia task force: A special task force on assault weapons found that only 2.8 percent of the homicides involved "assault-type weapons" during 1992.

Forgive me for spamming you with information, I just kept finding tidbits like this.

For your reference, the ban was initiated in 1994.
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Originally posted by Brad@Sep 13 2004, 07:19 PM

'Knives more deadly: According to the FBI, people have a much greater chance of being killed by a knife or a blunt object than by any kind of rifle, including an "assault rifle." In Chicago, the chance is 67 times greater. That is, a person is 67 times more likely to be stabbed or beaten to death in Chicago than to be murdered by an "assault rifle." FBI, "Crime in the United States," 1994, p. 18. Matt L. Rodriguez, Superintendent of Police for the City of Chicago, 1993 Murder Analysis at 12, 13. '

Interesting.

Doug, an assault-rifle ban would have no affect whatsoever on Al-Qaida's ability to procure assault-rifles.

Lol, buddy, that's Chicago. There are a lot of stabbings in Chicago, so for that city, that stat does not surprise me. Hopefully I'll find a nationwide one tonight.

Al-Qaida was just an example. Many terrorists prefer semi-automatic assault rifles and the harder it is for people to get their hands on them, the better off our country will be.

Doug

Edit: Those last 3 came in right before I posted, lol. I'll try to find some stats for you guys later tonight. But, if you have some, keep em coming and I'll look them over. (Notice, I said stats, not insults)
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

I think this is awful.

We don't need guns, period.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
luneyalltheway
Loyal

Post by luneyalltheway »

and having no guns what good would that do then people would just try hader to get them..... and what about the people that hunt that is a sport like any other sports... and then that mean more over pop. with deer bear ..... ext.......
The bible contains 6 Admonishments to Homosexuals and 362 Admonishments to Heterosexuals

That doesn't mean GOD doesn't love Heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Originally posted by yoaliens3000@Sep 13 2004, 07:26 PM

then give me a damn source please. you have no credibility. to me, without a source, that just seemed like a number you pulled out of your ass. so anything you say, even tho you have no source is true. haha :rolleyes:

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3 - Most complete of the 3

I didn't provide links before because I assumed it was common knowledge. But, if I must, there are 3 of a great many links. And, apparently, in different states, 70% was well below what their actual numbers are.

lol i have never insulted or challenged the way you act. do not even start to talk to me about respect. you need a few lessons on respect yourself. so now that im a mod i have to always have a smile on. this is the current events. my specialilty is arguing, my favorite thing to do is debate. being a mod will never change how i handle arguments.

Really, what about up there where you said I pulled the numbers out of my ass? You really believe I have so little integrity that I would just make up numbers? Why do I need a lesson in respect when I just call them as I see them? You have done nothing in my opinion that shows you are deserving of respect. I don't just give it away. I love debating too, but when you start saying that I'm making things up and you start mocking me, that's not debating.

Doug

EDIT: I had a CNN poll as my first link, but for some reason the code decided not to work, so I had to delete it.
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

you just assumed it was common knowledge - haha i like that. and yes i do think u have so little integrity that you would just make up numbers. dont take it personally. i would think that of anyone if they wont provide sources.

anyways. thank you for the sources. that is all.

btw, there u go putting words in my mouth. i never said that you definitely made those numbers up. you have a common problem reading my posts.
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Originally posted by yoaliens3000+--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (yoaliens3000)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'to me, without a source, that just seemed like a number you pulled out of your ass[/b]

Originally posted by Doug@

You really believe I have so little integrity that I would just make up numbers?

<!--QuoteBegin-yoaliens3000

i never said that you definitely made those numbers up. you have a common problem reading my posts. [/quote]

I never said you definatley made those numbers up, apparently you're the one that has problems reading posts.

Doug
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

**Edit: Violates HT SG General Rules #4, 7**
-Sam!
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

Originally posted by Doug+Sep 13 2004, 10:04 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Doug @ Sep 13 2004, 10:04 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'
Originally posted by yoaliens3000+--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (yoaliens3000)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'to me, without a source, that just seemed like a number you pulled out of your ass[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Doug
@

You really believe I have so little integrity that I would just make up numbers?

<!--QuoteBegin-yoaliens3000

i never said that you definitely made those numbers up. you have a common problem reading my posts. [/quote]

I never said you definatley made those numbers up, apparently you're the one that has problems reading posts.

Doug[/b][/quote]

uh

I love debating too, but when you start saying that I'm making things up and you start mocking me, that's not debating.

i never said u made things up. :wacko: :rolleyes:

apparently you're still the one that has problems reading posts.
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

Originally posted by Samz@Sep 13 2004, 10:05 PM

**Edit: Violates HT SG General Rules #4, 7**

god damn man.
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Originally posted by yoaliens3000@Sep 13 2004, 09:07 PM

I love debating too, but when you start saying that I'm making things up and you start mocking me, that's not debating.

i never said u made things up. :wacko: :rolleyes:

apparently you're still the one that has problems reading posts.

Oh excuse me...when you imply that I make things up. Don't bullshit me and get back to the issues.

Doug
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

So much for this topic. Again.

- Matt Good
ToraToraTora
Veteran

Post by ToraToraTora »

Wow, this topic sure got beat to shit.

Mods: Stop fighting.

Sam: Stop Calling Republicans Fucks

By the way, I have a semi-automatic rifle. You cant just spray ammo at things with it. you still have to depress the trigger once pershot. Theyre perfectly legal here in Canada. Automatic rifles on the other hand, should not be needed other than for military purposes. Handguns should be strictly law enforcement/target shooting.

I honestly think Canada's system just works better.

*shrug*
Wheee. I'm Hyper-Emo.

ΔΦ of ΔΚΕ #981 Class of 2004

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Sir Winston Churchill
four
Veteran

Post by four »

I would like to point out that no one here has mentioned the real reason behind the 2nd ammendment. When the constitution was written the people of the United States were very fearful of a strong central government. The only way they were able to overthrow their previous government, The British Empire, was through the widespread ownership of firearms by the citizens. The 2nd ammendment and all of the first 10 are there to strictly protect the citizens from the government. When the next civil war happens, or when the federal government comes to take me away to a camp because of my political views I want to be able to defend myself, and I feel I should have the weapons to do so, as promised in the second ammendment.
NAAM
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Umm...four...didn't I say that? :huh:

Originally posted by Doug

Don't give me the second amendment excuse because the only reason it was created was because, at the time, we were afraid of another country invading and, since we didn't have a very good army, that was the only way the residents could protect themselves.

That's from my first post on here. :)

Doug
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

btw, the sale of ak-47s and sks's have beening going on where i live for a long time now, it was never stopped. i was reading it in my local newspaper. as i was saying, i see no difference that lifting this ban will make.
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

Very little. It was mostly a cosmetic law.

- Matt Good