New Jersey English Teacher Fired

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Sovek
Loyal

New Jersey English Teacher Fired

Post by Sovek »

Rita Bianco, Parent: "Children should know their president and their first lady!"

Parents expressing outrage after a teacher is kicked out of her public school for hanging a picture of President Bush next to pictures of other presidents in her classroom.

Still Images from the Story

Shiba Pillai-Diaz, Teacher: "It happened on a small bulletin board near the American flag and also with a poster of the Declaration of Independence."

This is Crossroads South Middle School in Monmouth Junction, New Jersey. On Thursday, there was a back-to-school night for parents of students. Veteran English teacher Shiba Pillai-Diaz says she was shocked when three parents confronted her. The three, insisting the teacher either add John Kerry's photo to the montage of presidents or remove the Bush photo. When Pillai-Diaz refused, she says the school's vice-principal threatened her job which is an act that has parents here fuming.

Paula Sjolund, Parent: "She didn't do anything wrong, and I think that it should have stayed up there."

Pillai-Diaz ultimately removed the entire bulletin board and says School Principal Jim Warfel told her she disrupted the school with her "inflammatory politics". She says he then ordered her out of the building. While she says she is a Bush supporter in her personal life, Pillai-Diaz says she keeps politics out of the classroom.

Shiba Pillai-Diaz, Teacher: "There was no political intent, nor was there any political content in that photograph nor on the bulletin board."

School officials would not talk on camera but insist nobody here has been fired. To that, Ms. Pillai-Diaz asks what does it mean then when your boss asks you to hand over the keys and kicks you out of the building? She also says she is not sure if she'll be returning to school tomorrow.

This is what its coming too? We cant put up a picture of our current U.S. President WITH past presidents???? This IS STUPID.

Whats more I got news for you, KERRY IS NOT THE PRESIDENT.

This is the real democratic party, They are not for the American people, they are for themselves. The ONLY reason Kerry is running is so that he can add one more thing to his lousy resume.
Flush the Johns, Vote republican

<span style=\'color:BLUE\' Ten out of ten terrorist support John F'in Kerry for president

Cindy
Veteran

Re: New Jersey English Teacher Fired

Post by Cindy »

thoses people are jsut complete idiots.

PS. This isn't somthing that kerry did, or bush did, jsut uneducated assholes did, so i would suguest you lay off of kerry jsut because of your bias views of him.

Neither bush or kerry are good for the job, but what can you do
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
pynkgodde55
Loyal

Post by pynkgodde55 »

Thats ludacris! You're right Sovek, Kerry isn't president. Bush is. That teacher should sue the school. I'm on her side with this.
[center]Image[/center]

[center]Xanga/MySpace[/center][center]Wanna Know More about Jen?[/center]
FryGuy
Veteran

Post by FryGuy »

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors" ~Plato

.533K:

"One death is a tragedy,

One million deaths is a statistic" ~Joseph Stalin
StressedOut
Loyal

Post by StressedOut »

well my social studies teacher hung up all the u.s. presidents (including dubya) and no one ever complained
Image Season 7 Begins- January 2009
5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

wow that's stupid, i dont see the issue, Bush served a term as a president therefore his picture should be there, Kerry has never ever been a president,he's just running in the elections he could have his picture hang with other senators i guess.., still Bush IS the president now
Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

people bitch about everything these days.