Gta = Killing Simulator

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

The Black Hat
Veteran

Gta = Killing Simulator

Post by The Black Hat »

Its interesting. This lawyer is blaming games like Grand Theft Auto and HALO for kids killing people. Read this:

GTA = Killing Simulator
Respectfully,

Black Hat

Doug
Veteran

Re: Gta = Killing Simulator

Post by Doug »

It has nothing to do with the video games. It's the fact that parents don't get involved with the lives of their kids. As a teenager, I listened to rap and rock-rap, I played violent video games, and I watched violent television. But, I turned out fine because my parents didn't use the television to babysit me or as a substitute for them. It's sad how parents try to pass the blame on. Someone needs to stop this myth...

Doug
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
skaterGuy15
Veteran

Post by skaterGuy15 »

I believe that video games and anything in the media simply gives them an idea. They were going to kill anyway, but playing a certain game or watching a certain film could make them think, "Hey that looks like fun, ok I'll do it that way".

If video games and films were the main cause then I would've killed a few people by now.
I wish I were a spy.
goexpos
Loyal

Post by goexpos »

The kids were already fucked up to begin with. Sure, video games might add fuel to the fire, but this is where the parents should come in. They should know if something wrong in their kids life or not. I've been playing video games since I was in kindergarden (especially violent ones), and I have no intention of killing anyone... I wish those people who bash video games would STFU.
The Black Hat
Veteran

Post by The Black Hat »

I'm really tired of all these idiots blaming video games for their childrens fuck-ups. The children are fucked-up to begin with. Its the parents faults. Its time they take responcibility.
Respectfully,

Black Hat

skaterGuy15
Veteran

Post by skaterGuy15 »

It's not necessarily the parent's fault. There's been a lot of evidence to suggest that people who commit violent crimes often have something biologically 'wrong' with them. A lot of murderers on death row, for example, give their bodies to science after they die, because they believe that it is something beyond their control that causes them to murder.
I wish I were a spy.
Tyoka
Veteran

Post by Tyoka »

that sounds like a cry for help to me, like they think that because somethings "wrong" with them they might get off the hook. i'm not saying that's how it is, just sounds like that.

i don't know if anyone saw it but a few years ago, some lawyer was saying FFVII was responsible for "teaching kids how to tactically kill someone". and at church a week or two ago, a woman speaking there said D&D starts out innocent but it's actually the devil trying to trick you. lack of experience if you ask me. to be honest, it's video games and movies which have kept me from hurting people. it's video games and movies which taught me how dangerous driving can be. and it's video games and movies which...well...nothing positive came from them in a sexual sense. but oh well. that's not the subject :lol:
In this bloody dawn

I will wash my soul

to call the spirit of vengence

to deny my wisdom for anger

to break the scream of the silent fool

and to be knightrider of doom

The Tetsusaiga's tranformation effectively changes it from a Katana to a Falchion.

This changes its damage to 7-15 and increases its range by 10.

If you understood any of that, you have problems.
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

That's lame.

It's like saying that gay parents will make a child gay. It never happens.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...