2004 Election: A Disaster Waiting To Happen

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Tree Fingers
Loyal

2004 Election: A Disaster Waiting To Happen

Post by Tree Fingers »

As the election nears, American is become more tense, more divided, and angrier. Already, people are condemning state leaders and political forces for election fraud, bribary, and the protesting has already been given birth. Either way, this election will be reminiscient of 2000, except possibly with violence. That is why it is important to vote. This is considered the most important election of any of our lifetimes.

Vote.

Be vocal.
FryGuy
Veteran

Re: 2004 Election: A Disaster Waiting To Happen

Post by FryGuy »

Starts singing that REM song....It's the end of the world as we know it, it's the end of the world as we know it, it's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fineeeeee.....
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors" ~Plato

.533K:

"One death is a tragedy,

One million deaths is a statistic" ~Joseph Stalin
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Things are expected to be a mess in Ohio, and Florida again. Oh boy.
-Sam!
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Things aren't looking real great for Colorado right now either...

Doug
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
sweethelp
Veteran

Post by sweethelp »

yeah i have to agree. i really wish i was 18 right now. 2 more years damnit! but yeah i just really wish i could vote and get involved in all of that. i hate seeing all the vote or die stuff because i get mad that i cant vote. but this is a very important election and anyone who has the privledge of voting. VOTE!

~~Kimmy~~
She's so big hearted

but not so remarkable

just an ordinary humble girl

expecting nothing as we may

to think it's a pretty person's worth

you are beautiful

and you'd better go show it

so go and look again

you gotta be true only if you really wanna go to the top and you really wanna win

don't believe in living normal

just to satisfy demand

Well, if you wanna get free

and if wanna get smart by the sake of your heart

you should own your lame and stand up tall

:)
ToraToraTora
Veteran

Post by ToraToraTora »

I love the Canadian election...decided in about 4 hours...recounts are rarely contested, and are done in short order.
Wheee. I'm Hyper-Emo.

ΔΦ of ΔΚΕ #981 Class of 2004

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Sir Winston Churchill
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

That's cause we all know who will win... the Liberals.

So long as the eastern provinces have the population monopoly.
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

Originally posted by FryGuy@Oct 18 2004, 03:13 PM

Starts singing that REM song....It's the end of the world as we know it, it's the end of the world as we know it, it's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fineeeeee.....

Thats running through my mind almost everytime i think about the election.
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

the elections were and always will be important, it's always like that, people get angry, it all gets messy and ugly, but oh well we just got to vote because that's our voice that we can add into this whole mess ;)
Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come
Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

Isn't it lovely we're trying to make another country become like us and vote like us?

How very ironic.
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image
Tree Fingers
Loyal

Post by Tree Fingers »

Originally posted by 5a5@Oct 18 2004, 05:08 PM

the elections were and always will be important, it's always like that, people get angry, it all gets messy and ugly, but oh well we just got to vote because that's our voice that we can add into this whole mess ;)

Interesting perspective. But, that's not true. In fact, the election of 2000 was the only election in US history decided in the Supreme Court. Yes, there was one other election decided by the House of Representatives for Andrew Jackson.

Also, the issues in this election are all very personal and important. Typically, an election is decided based on the status of the economy as it has been for the past century (other than the one election during the WWII years). This election is based on very high strung issues. Medicare and the cost of prescription drugs is so important now than it has ever been due to Social Security threats. The recession, which economically speaking is no longer but unemployment wise is still lingering, is a serious factor. This is the first time job loss has occured since the 1930s! Also, Homeland Security, the united States is threatened by terrorism, attacks on major cities! That is huge! Homosexual rights! Religion in government! THE WAR!

This is, by far, the most important election, possibly, in the past 100 years.
FallonCeceAda
Loyal

Post by FallonCeceAda »

I remember the last election down here in florida. It was so crazy! People were stopped from going to the polls, and they were closed early. Plus a whole lot of votes for Gore was found this or last year in the office of the person who was running the election here. It was insane! Plus the governor here (which, may I remind you, is his kid brother, Jeb Bush) said that Pres. Bush "had Florida's vote" that, in itself was mega werid. I think Bush set it up, and will again this time.

My opinon, my right to share

Forever Lyn
I was talking to God, and I asked him

"God why don't you create a scientist who can find the cure for AIDS/HIV and Cancer? Why can't you send a leader to give world peace?"

You know what God said?

"I did, but you all killed them in the womb."

I am a Army JROTC Cadet Private

I am 100% Pro-Life

I am Catholic

I am Drug Free

But most of all,

I am "Me"
5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

Originally posted by Tree Fingers+Oct 18 2004, 08:26 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Tree Fingers @ Oct 18 2004, 08:26 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-5a5@Oct 18 2004, 05:08 PM

Interesting perspective. But, that's not true. In fact, the election of 2000 was the only election in US history decided in the Supreme Court. Yes, there was one other election decided by the House of Representatives for Andrew Jackson.

Also, the issues in this election are all very personal and important. Typically, an election is decided based on the status of the economy as it has been for the past century (other than the one election during the WWII years). This election is based on very high strung issues. Medicare and the cost of prescription drugs is so important now than it has ever been due to Social Security threats. The recession, which economically speaking is no longer but unemployment wise is still lingering, is a serious factor. This is the first time job loss has occured since the 1930s! Also, Homeland Security, the united States is threatened by terrorism, attacks on major cities! That is huge! Homosexual rights! Religion in government! THE WAR!

This is, by far, the most important election, possibly, in the past 100 years.[/b][/quote]

ya what i said, i didnt say it wasnt important, i said it was a whole bunch of mess

The best is yet to come
FryGuy
Veteran

Post by FryGuy »

Didn't bush say he was a uniter? I don't think this country has been this devided since the Civil War...
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors" ~Plato

.533K:

"One death is a tragedy,

The Black Hat
Veteran

Post by The Black Hat »

I can tell you with full confidence how this election will turn out:

It will be a close race, no doubt. Who will be our next President? That's simple. George W. Bush will be.
Respectfully,

Black Hat

FallonCeceAda
Loyal

Post by FallonCeceAda »

It will be a close race, no doubt. Who will be our next President? That's simple. George W. Bush will be.

Yea, George W. Bush will win, only if he cheats again!
I was talking to God, and I asked him

"God why don't you create a scientist who can find the cure for AIDS/HIV and Cancer? Why can't you send a leader to give world peace?"

You know what God said?

"I did, but you all killed them in the womb."

I am a Army JROTC Cadet Private

I am 100% Pro-Life

I am Catholic

I am Drug Free

But most of all,

I am "Me"
5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

Originally posted by FallonCeceAda@Oct 20 2004, 12:52 PM

Yea, George W. Bush will win, only if he cheats again!

if bush wins it'll be cause people think since he started this whole mess he should be able to finish it.., how did he cheat? were u there? i dont get that, u cant say shit like that without proof., idk who i'll vote for yet but i'm pretty sure now that i'll trust my instincts here instead of reading a whole bunch of bullshit everywhere that bitches both candidates out ( i dont mean this site, but general media)

The best is yet to come
Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

It's called.. Florida.

Why don't you search for "Bush cheated in Florida" then you'll have all the proof you need.
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image
A! Elbereth
Needs Another Hobby

Post by A! Elbereth »

Yeah, I tried to look for how he cheated and they didn't explain anything... all I'm seeing are the words 'Bush cheated in Florida' over and over again. Someone point out the evidence to me, please?

I'm just astounded at the idiocy of both sides regarding this election. It's disgusting and uncivilized. Bah. Makes me want to become independent.
Your soul.

Your body.

Your mind.

Keep it Purified.

But give me love over, love over, love over this... ~Coldplay

Dr. Wilson:
I forgot I needed a reason to give a crap.

Dr. House: You're actually giving two craps.

Dr. Wilson: The metric system always confused me.
FryGuy
Veteran

Post by FryGuy »

Originally posted by A! Elbereth@Oct 23 2004, 01:53 PM

Yeah, I tried to look for how he cheated and they didn't explain anything... all I'm seeing are the words 'Bush cheated in Florida' over and over again. Someone point out the evidence to me, please?

I'm just astounded at the idiocy of both sides regarding this election. It's disgusting and uncivilized. Bah. Makes me want to become independent.

Read this site. This is how Bush cheated. http://www.inq7.net/opi/2003/jul/05/opi_scmonsod-1.htm

I agree with you on the idiocy. I'm appauled by what each side has been pulling off this year. If this wasn't such an important election I would be voting independant.

.533K:

"One death is a tragedy,