Guitar!

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

InnocenceLost57
Veteran

Guitar!

Post by InnocenceLost57 »

Hey everybuggy I'm thinking aobut gettin an electric guitar, but the problem is i have NO idea of how to choose one. I'm not very good at knowing whether guitars are good or not, but I was thinking aobutt his one...what do yall think?

http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--FE ... night+Wine

Thanks!!!!

:D
One minute there was road beneath us

The next just sky

Reach up

And let's propose a toast

To the thing that hurts you most

( /)

(O.o) Copy bunny into your signature to help

( <) him achieve world domination

/_|_
Doug
Veteran

Re: Guitar!

Post by Doug »

Looks good to me ;)

Doug
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
Wheretogo
Veteran

Post by Wheretogo »

its not wether or nto the guitar looks good but wehter or not it is of good quility. i had i sweet kick ass guitar i rented (it was one of the best rental guitars) and just that particular type of guitar, youd always have to retune it. like almost everytime you went to play it, it had to be retuned. not to mention the tuning to make it in drop d. grrr so its better really to go to a music store and talk to them, they will hook you up with agood guitar. you will never know whut your getting. and if it will fall apart or not (sum guitars are prone to having parts pop off)
Why give up, why give in?

It's not enough, it never is.

So I will go on until
the end.

We've become desolate.

It's not enough, it never
is.

But I will go on until the end.

I've lost my way.

I've lost my way, but I will go on until the end.

Living is
hard enough

Without you fucking up.

Until The End - Breaking Benjamin
Saren
Veteran

Post by Saren »

It looks nice. But it's depending on your taste. Personally, it looks nice and I'd probably get it myself.
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

The Black Hat
Veteran

Post by The Black Hat »

I've worked with guitars for years and hell I even play them (am quite good too). An electric guitar you say? Hm. Ok. I have a little bit of advice for you then.

Don't order guitars off the internet. Never, ever do that. They get fucked up during shipping usually (trust me). Go to a local music shop and see what they've got for electric guitars. Each guitar sounds differently depending on how they are built, depending on what materials are used, ect. It's really about taste and what 'sounds good' to you. Don't go out and buy the most expensive guitar either. I find that in some cases, cheaper guitars sound better. Also, make sure when you buy your guitar, you get a good case (dont go cheap on this). The better the case, the better overall. I recommend you get a nice hard-cover case with a nice fluffy interior. It will keep your guitar safe when exposed to rough enviroments (and if you accidently drop it). Also, if you are spending a good ammount of money and are really into your guitar, when you purchase your guitar, also purchase premium strings. Don't settle with what you get already on the guitar as they are usually cheap strings (no matter how much you spend on the guitar).

If you need to talk further about guitars, email me: blackhat@lostcitytinnos.net

Wish you the best of luck and happy guitar hunting. BTW, can you play any Metallica?

Oh and again, never ever buy guitars off the internet. Ive done it three times and each time has ended badly for me. After three times I won't ever do it again.
Respectfully,

Black Hat

junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

Lol, a Fender for your first guitar. I'm assuming that it's of Mexican or Japanese origin because of its price, which brings the quality right down. Truth is, if you buy a non-American Fender, you're paying for the name on the headstock. But if it's your first, no problems I guess. I just think $350 for something with the name Fender on it sounds a bit dodgy as over here it's about $500 (?350) for the same guitar.

My first guitar was a Squier which I traded in my drums for. You want to be able to play the guitar, see if you like it. Even though you don't play yet and can't determine what's a good guitar (I couldn't do that for like a year) you will have preference when you sit down and mess around with them. I naturally took a feel for guitars like the one you picked out, the "strat" style.

Go to a guitar shop and play around with the guitars. You will find you have a preference!
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

That's cute.

I have a Gibson/Les Paul that's cherry burst. Very pretty.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
InnocenceLost57
Veteran

Post by InnocenceLost57 »

Hmm yeah taking into consideration what all of yall said, maybe the internet isnt such a good idea....i didn't think about how it might get messed up in shipping or anything like that. But honestly, I don't know anything about guitars and how to judge sound or anything like that, so I have no idea of how to get one in the store lol. Do you know what price range that guitar would usually run at?
One minute there was road beneath us

The next just sky

Reach up

And let's propose a toast

To the thing that hurts you most

( /)

(O.o) Copy bunny into your signature to help

( <) him achieve world domination

/_|_
Saren
Veteran

Post by Saren »

Usually it depends where you get it and what brand Guitar it is. If you have any Music Stores around your area, your best bet is asking around there.
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

The Black Hat
Veteran

Post by The Black Hat »

It really depends on what make of a guitar you look at and the type of store you are in.
Respectfully,

Black Hat

junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

Originally posted by Paris In Flames@Oct 22 2004, 02:17 PM

That's cute.

I have a Gibson/Les Paul that's cherry burst. Very pretty.

Cheers,

Jenna

Same. It's like a browny reddy colour, but it totally doesn't compare to my American strat!
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
Saren
Veteran

Post by Saren »

Originally posted by The Black Hat@Oct 22 2004, 04:48 PM

It really depends on what make of a guitar you look at and the type of store you are in.

:P That's what I was saying.
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

<3

----------------------

Six_Stringed_Demon
Loyal

Post by Six_Stringed_Demon »

I'd pretty much agree with what everyone has said here, justcheck out your local guitar shop, they will probably do you a nice beginner bundle if you are starting up (guitar, amp, strap, lead etc)

They will be totally used to people not knowing anything about guitars (trust me i work in a guitar shop!) and will suggest a few popular ones and let you try em out.

Have fun!
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

Originally posted by The Black Hat@Oct 22 2004, 02:03 AM

I've worked with guitars for years and hell I even play them (am quite good too). An electric guitar you say? Hm. Ok. I have a little bit of advice for you then.

Don't order guitars off the internet. Never, ever do that. They get fucked up during shipping usually (trust me). Go to a local music shop and see what they've got for electric guitars. Each guitar sounds differently depending on how they are built, depending on what materials are used, ect. It's really about taste and what 'sounds good' to you. Don't go out and buy the most expensive guitar either. I find that in some cases, cheaper guitars sound better. Also, make sure when you buy your guitar, you get a good case (dont go cheap on this). The better the case, the better overall. I recommend you get a nice hard-cover case with a nice fluffy interior. It will keep your guitar safe when exposed to rough enviroments (and if you accidently drop it). Also, if you are spending a good ammount of money and are really into your guitar, when you purchase your guitar, also purchase premium strings. Don't settle with what you get already on the guitar as they are usually cheap strings (no matter how much you spend on the guitar).

If you need to talk further about guitars, email me: blackhat@lostcitytinnos.net

Wish you the best of luck and happy guitar hunting. BTW, can you play any Metallica?

Oh and again, never ever buy guitars off the internet. Ive done it three times and each time has ended badly for me. After three times I won't ever do it again.

where do you think the one's at the guitar store come from?

they just apparate?

they are shipped UPS too.

:)
--nj