Stem Cell Research

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Slaw
Loyal

Stem Cell Research

Post by Slaw »

Stem Cell Research, this is quite a topic, what are your thoughts about it?

if this is not the right please, could you be so kind to move it, ty in advance
Skye
Veteran

Re: Stem Cell Research

Post by Skye »

Moved to Current events.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
Slaw
Loyal

Post by Slaw »

What excactly is Stem Cell Research, I know just a little bit about it, it has something to do with pregnancy of a baby, could someone tell me more?
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

i agree with it. but i disagree with getting them from aborted fetuses.
Shwynsh
Veteran

Post by Shwynsh »

I agree with Stem Cell Research completely. It has the HUGE potential of helping people with diseases that are now, unable to be cured. Stem Cell research could have helped Christopher Reeve... if you know, he lived...

If George Bush is elected, that will be the end of Stem cell research. He must have thought God told him it was not okay.
<span style=\'color:gray\'

"I have a feeling that you're riding for some kind of a terrible, terrible fall. . . . This fall I think you're riding for-it's a special kind of fall, a horrible kind. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. He just keeps falling and falling. The whole arrangement's designed for men who, at some time or other in their lives, were looking for something their own environment couldn't supply them with. Or they thought their own environment couldn't supply them with. So they gave up looking. They gave it up before they ever really even got started"
ToraToraTora
Veteran

Post by ToraToraTora »

Originally posted by yoaliens3000@Oct 27 2004, 03:31 PM

....but then they just go to waste and we have no more stem cells?
Wheee. I'm Hyper-Emo.

ΔΦ of ΔΚΕ #981 Class of 2004

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Sir Winston Churchill
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

Originally posted by Shwynsh@Oct 27 2004, 06:41 PM

I agree with Stem Cell Research completely. It has the HUGE potential of helping people with diseases that are now, unable to be cured. Stem Cell research could have helped Christopher Reeve... if you know, he lived...

If George Bush is elected, that will be the end of Stem cell research. He must have thought God told him it was not okay.

if you actually knew bushes policy about stem cells, ud know that what you just said is totally wrong. bush doesnt appose stem cell research. he apposes getting the stem cells from aborted fetus's. it has been proven that you can get them from adults. those are the types of projects being completely funded.
Slaw
Loyal

Post by Slaw »

I say no to abortion, but if stem cell research could help us determine if the baby is actually alive before aborted, I say all money to it!
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

Originally posted by ToraToraTora+Oct 27 2004, 06:45 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (ToraToraTora @ Oct 27 2004, 06:45 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-yoaliens3000@Oct 27 2004, 03:31 PM

....but then they just go to waste and we have no more stem cells?[/b][/quote]

no more stem cells huh...

http://www.wired.com/news/medtech/0,128 ... _5techhead
Success with adult stem cells has been used in the past as evidence that embryonic stem cell research may not be necessary.
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Originally posted by Shwynsh@Oct 27 2004, 03:41 PM

Agreed.

And, stem cells can now be collected from juvenile teeth, so that means that this has opened a brand new area in which stem cell research can be expanded upon.

The stem cells from adults are hard to get. Who gives a shit about aborted fetuses? They can't fucking think...so what's the goddamn fuss over?

Bush is too fucking conservative for his own good. America needs to change and expand. We can't live in a goddamn box.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

Post by LedZep04 »

i was watching a special on it.. they said it's not from aborted fetuses.. they said the ones they use are ones that never even made it into a fetus.. they are still cells.. and i think they should allow research to save people from painful diseases. it can do wonders.
RIP Parsa<33
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

Originally posted by Paris In Flames+Oct 27 2004, 08:00 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Paris In Flames @ Oct 27 2004, 08:00 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-Shwynsh@Oct 27 2004, 03:41 PM

Agreed.

And, stem cells can now be collected from juvenile teeth, so that means that this has opened a brand new area in which stem cell research can be expanded upon.

The stem cells from adults are hard to get. Who gives a shit about aborted fetuses? They can't fucking think...so what's the goddamn fuss over?

Bush is too fucking conservative for his own good. America needs to change and expand. We can't live in a goddamn box.

Cheers,

Jenna[/b][/quote]

i might be able to answer that.

women might use that as a reason an abortion may be good. it could be the undefining line between a women getting and abortion or not. the women might think "but it will go to the good of society/science/technolgy through the use to stem cell research."

and you know, the whole pro life thing is a huge reason too. the fetus is still a human being in some eyes. sure its going to be disgarded anyway, its still not how to treat a human live.

and saying fetus's cant even think is just preposterous
5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

ya i agree it should go on, it has potential to save thousands of lives,
Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come
FryGuy
Veteran

Post by FryGuy »

Here's a little cartoon I found kinda funny.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors" ~Plato

.533K:

"One death is a tragedy,

One million deaths is a statistic" ~Joseph Stalin
5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

ya kinda funny
Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come
Sovek
Loyal

Post by Sovek »

no! no! no! no! no! no!, Bush (read my lips) will not end stem cell research, even embryonic all he does is cut FEDERAL funding.

In fact embryonic stem cells have NEVER EVER healed ANYONE, EVER. However now there is another branch, stem cells from fat, and that doesnt require killing anyone, and it has already shown more promise in healing people than embryonic stem cells.

and if ANYTHING Bush isnt conservitive enough, Id like him to persue ending abortion all together, not just partial birth abortion (barbic act shouldnt even have been allowed.)
Flush the Johns, Vote republican

<span style=\'color:BLUE\' Ten out of ten terrorist support John F'in Kerry for president

LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

Post by LedZep04 »

the special i watched showed the stem cells can turn into I believe like 4 different cells that can and will help humans.. why the hell would they try to start something that has never been proved to work? thats like trying to find a cure for aids but not knowing what your going to do and how it will work. believe me these doctors have something and thats why this is a big deal b/c it can and will help sick humans in the future. i'm ALL for it.

also once again NO BABY has been KILLED to do this.. they use ONLY the ones that died before they even went into a fetus form... they are still cells that never formed...

as for abortion.. who are you to decide for a women whos health is in GREAT risk b/c of a pregnancy? there are many many risks with pregnancy and any womans life that is in danger should have the right since she would end up becoming very ill, or even die. Also what if a women is raped? what if she hates the fact shes carrying her rapists baby? if abortion was banned i'm pretty sure women would do the back alley hanger abortions again. I'm not for abortion, but if it is needed for a good reason then I'm for it.
RIP Parsa<33