Bin Laden Speaks

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

yoaliens3000
Veteran

Re: Bin Laden Speaks

Post by yoaliens3000 »

Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

YoAliens, I am not a Bin Laden supporter and you damn well know it. I said at the beginning of this that I don't support what he's done and for you to imply is unimaginable. Just because I can see the validity of the political points that he makes does not mean that I agree with him; it just means that I realize that he's not this irrational psycho that the government paints him to be.

And, despite the fact that when you said it you were being sarcastic, I AM trying to educate people by showing them that there's a reason that he's doing what he's doing and it's not just to kill people.

Doug
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
sweethelp
Veteran

Post by sweethelp »

i personally think something needs to happen to HIM and the alquada(sp) for the attacks BUT i think that bin laden is trying to speak of a truce or an understanding that if we leave "his" people alone then he will leave us alone.

i dunno just my 2 cents

~~Kimmy~~
She's so big hearted

but not so remarkable

just an ordinary humble girl

expecting nothing as we may

to think it's a pretty person's worth

you are beautiful

and you'd better go show it

so go and look again

you gotta be true only if you really wanna go to the top and you really wanna win

don't believe in living normal

just to satisfy demand

Well, if you wanna get free

and if wanna get smart by the sake of your heart

you should own your lame and stand up tall

:)
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

The question is: if Bin Laden was sincere, and he would not attack us so long as we stopped interfering in the Middle East, do you think that the US could swallow its pride and back out of the region?

Unfortunately, I think I know the answer to that question.
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Originally posted by Brad@Nov 8 2004, 07:45 AM

And the answer is no.

Doug
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

Originally posted by Brad@Nov 8 2004, 09:45 AM

The question is: if Bin Laden was sincere, and he would not attack us so long as we stopped interfering in the Middle East, do you think that the US could swallow its pride and back out of the region?

these terrorst acts against the united states are not anything new. i dont see how they would stop even if we did pick up and leave. i dont really think it has to do with pride anyways.
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

Yes, they've been happening ever since the West has been interfering with their affairs. And we have never stopped. So they see no reason to cease their actions against us, so long as we carry out terrorism (as they see it) against them.
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Saudi Arabia has one of the worst human rights records in the world. Why aren't we dealing with that problem? Bin Laden is right in one aspect: We're in there to serve our own interests, not "make the world a better place."

Doug
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

Originally posted by yoaliens3000+Nov 9 2004, 08:34 AM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (yoaliens3000 @ Nov 9 2004, 08:34 AM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-Brad@Nov 8 2004, 10:31 PM

Yes, they've been happening ever since the West has been interfering with their affairs.? And we have never stopped.? So they see no reason to cease their actions against us, so long as we carry out terrorism (as they see it) against them.

so you would support running away from this problem instead of dealing with it?[/b][/quote]

In this instance, 'running away' is solving the problem. We've been subjected to terrorism from that region ever since we started muddling around in their business.

- Matt Good