Leaving!

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

pynkgodde55
Loyal

Re: Leaving!

Post by pynkgodde55 »

Samz, come on. He's sincerely saying bye. Dustin, I understand why you're leaving. I'll see you at TH and at your forums so I won't worry bout not talking to ya. I think your post was a genuine question. I don't think you're into post counts anyway. Well, see ya around. Luv ya.
[center]Image[/center]

[center]Xanga/MySpace[/center][center]Wanna Know More about Jen?[/center]
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

He hasn't even left. He made a bunch of posts last night even after this thread. He always does this, "I'm leaving" or "I'm going to go kill myself" thing for attention. I'm not pushing him out the door, but if he wants to leave, there's nothing actually STOPPING him.
-Sam!
pynkgodde55
Loyal

Post by pynkgodde55 »

You know, that happens alot on here. Theres one person that shoots off the top of my head and it's not Dustin. This site is to help. Its not a dictatorship, its a democracy. No one is better than anyone else. It would be nice if we could know when people are lying or not but we don't have that luxury. We just help and then we go on about our business. Thats how we need to do it. Not fight or whatnot. Just leave him be. He has a right to be here even after he says he's leaving. Hell, I stayed after I left for a month. I was here every day.
[center]Image[/center]

[center]Xanga/MySpace[/center][center]Wanna Know More about Jen?[/center]
CanadaCraig
Veteran

Post by CanadaCraig »

Originally posted by pynkgodde55@Nov 2 2004, 10:47 AM

You know, that happens alot on here. Theres one person that shoots off the top of my head and it's not Dustin. This site is to help. Its not a dictatorship, its a democracy. No one is better than anyone else. It would be nice if we could know when people are lying or not but we don't have that luxury. We just help and then we go on about our business. Thats how we need to do it. Not fight or whatnot. Just leave him be. He has a right to be here even after he says he's leaving. Hell, I stayed after I left for a month. I was here every day.

I absolutely agree!!

I also believe that the admins and mods of ANY group [especially one like HT] have to know when to ease up a bit on the 'rules' and 'regulations'. Otherwise - one is left with the impression that what matters MOST - ARE the 'rules' and 'regulations' and what matters NOT so much - are the very members that make up such a site. [and it IS the members that matter most] It's great to keep things in order and to make sure that people - FOR THE MOST PART - are sticking with the R&R's - but not to the point that one feels as though how they FEEL is less important then whether or not they're following an often-times very narrowly defined set of guidelines for posting. HT is supposed to be [at least in my opinion] a place that encourages the sharing of [what are often-times] VERY personal thoughts and feelings. It's very scary - for some people - to share what they're thinking with the other members of the site. [or any site] One must be careful to ALWAYS make SURE that the 'door is open' and the what they say will NOT be rejected solely on the basis of having broken some 'rule'.

GREAT BIG HUG

Craig!! :)
"It takes FAR MORE COURAGE to be KIND than it does to be CRUEL!!"

Be sure to LIKE my Love The Bully Facebook Page!

Please visit 'Cambilar'! It's where you'll find my eBooks!

I am a 54 year old guy from Canada!! :)
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

Originally posted by CanadaCraig+Nov 2 2004, 02:17 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (CanadaCraig @ Nov 2 2004, 02:17 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-pynkgodde55@Nov 2 2004, 10:47 AM

I absolutely agree!!

I also believe that the admins and mods of ANY group [especially one like HT] have to know when to ease up a bit on the 'rules' and 'regulations'. Otherwise - one is left with the impression that what matters MOST - ARE the 'rules' and 'regulations' and what matters NOT so much - are the very members that make up such a site. [and it IS the members that matter most] It's great to keep things in order and to make sure that people - FOR THE MOST PART - are sticking with the R&R's - but not to the point that one feels as though how they FEEL is less important then whether or not they're following an often-times very narrowly defined set of guidelines for posting. HT is supposed to be [at least in my opinion] a place that encourages the sharing of [what are often-times] VERY personal thoughts and feelings. It's very scary - for some people - to share what they're thinking with the other members of the site. [or any site] One must be careful to ALWAYS make SURE that the 'door is open' and the what they say will NOT be rejected solely on the basis of having broken some 'rule'.

GREAT BIG HUG

Craig!! :)[/b][/quote]

This is one reason why I refused to warn Dustin on rules for post count increasing and instead removed post counts (which do not matter anyways).... I sent him a pm asking him to edit his posts rather than to post another (so long as with what he was saying was within the 5 min period that we have set for locking the ability of editing your own posts). This was not meant to be blown out of proportion, I mean it's post counts.... not a warning, not a ban, not a moderative topic and post queue.... simply removing post counts. Post count's do not matter... they are looked upon as a GUIDELINE ONLY FOR SG Moderator Applicants..... nothing more.... and even then... I added yoaliens3000 as a mod and he had (Forum_PostCount: 188) when he applied.... however, as it was only a guideline, the forum he was applying for was one that does not carry post count increasing and that's why his post count was so low. After seeing how many posts he really had through reviewing him, I decided to add him anyways..

Post counts DO NOT MATTER (Jeff, i have no idea why you think they do.... I have even proven that they don't matter by messing with post counts before of random people for a few weeks).

recap:

I didn't warn him, i did something that doesnt matter, and i dont know how this got blown out of proportion.... Dustin you are welcome here, as with everyone else.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

dude r're leaving cause u're mad over posts count??
Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come
Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

Originally posted by Samz@Nov 2 2004, 01:56 PM

He hasn't even left. He made a bunch of posts last night even after this thread. He always does this, "I'm leaving" or "I'm going to go kill myself" thing for attention. I'm not pushing him out the door, but if he wants to leave, there's nothing actually STOPPING him.

And no one is asking you to continue being rude, yet you're still doing it. So why don't you just stay out of this thread if you don't like it so much?

Dustin, honestly, it's not that big of deal. You've always had problems with Samz (gasp, I said the name) and lately Adam, it was bound to end up with you getting mad over a crappy situation. Stay or go.. I just think you're making a mistake by letting this get to you.
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image
FryGuy
Veteran

Post by FryGuy »

Originally posted by Samz@Nov 2 2004, 05:56 AM

And you wonder why you're not a mod anymore.... :rolleyes:

Dustin- Do what you think you need to do.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors" ~Plato

.533K:

"One death is a tragedy,

One million deaths is a statistic" ~Joseph Stalin
Love2Laugh08
Veteran

Post by Love2Laugh08 »

Originally posted by FryGuy+Nov 2 2004, 07:47 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (FryGuy @ Nov 2 2004, 07:47 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-Samz@Nov 2 2004, 05:56 AM

Dustin- Do what you think you need to do.[/b][/quote]

hahaha thanks for the laugh... your asking for a fight though..... :pinch:

And 5a5 Dustin DOESN'T care about Post counts!!! It's the whole point of him getting " Punished " for something he " thinks " he didn't do.
iHEAVENn2
Veteran

Post by iHEAVENn2 »

Stop bickering now.

Or else you will all have to deal with a bitchy Amy.
Once in a lifetime, you find the one you really love.

For now and forever, one love that never ends.

Once in a lifetime, when every star that lights the sky.

Will shine with one reason, leading your heart to the one love you find.

Just once in your life..

Once in a lifetime, you find the one you really love.

For now and forever, one love that never ends.

Just once in a lifetime...

Soda tart!!

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.
Harlequin
Loyal

Post by Harlequin »

Le Black Hat... :(

It's ok, I have you on AIM anyway.

And yes, some people are bitches and need to be stopped. But I guess that's what you deal with at any forums...even yours.
<span style="font-family:Impact"<span style="color:purple"0 Days sarcasm free.[/u]
5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

Originally posted by Love2Laugh08+Nov 2 2004, 05:34 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Love2Laugh08 @ Nov 2 2004, 05:34 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'
Originally posted by FryGuy@Nov 2 2004, 07:47 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Samz
@Nov 2 2004, 05:56 AM

Dustin- Do what you think you need to do.

hahaha thanks for the laugh... your asking for a fight though..... :pinch:

And 5a5 Dustin DOESN'T care about Post counts!!! It's the whole point of him getting " Punished " for something he " thinks " he didn't do.[/b][/quote]

then maybe he should talk to the mods privately and straighten it out instead of making a huge deal out of it, he's not the only one that ever got punished, geez if u give criticism u should be able to take some
Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come
Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

I didn't see her give any.

From the looks of all the posts, he did try and talk to them. I mean, when someone says to you:

"I sent him a pm asking him..."

I'd say they did try to work things out privately. Now he's leaving and explaining to us why.
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image