Spyware/virus-common?

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Sam!
Veteran

Spyware/virus-common?

Post by Sam! »

I'm wondering how many people have ever had a virus or spyware on their computer or have it now? Do you have a Windows or other OS?
-Sam!
big_johnson
Loyal

Re: Spyware/virus-common?

Post by big_johnson »

1 out of 6 computers have spyware on them.....

Im running XP Pro, and I get spyware from time to time, but its like every 4 weeks. I keep my comp on lockdown
"Others who broke my heart. They were like northern stars, pointing me on my way into your loving arms. This much I know is true, that God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you."

Lying close to you feelin' your heart beatin. And Im wonderin' what you're dreamin. Wonderin' if its me your seeing. Then I kiss your eyes and thank God we're together. I just wanna stay with you in this moment forever!

"Take time with a wounded hand cause it likes to heal"

-Nirvana
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Geez.. once a month is pretty sad. Wow. I am SO glad I have a Mac!
-Sam!
emotionalcutie
Veteran

Post by emotionalcutie »

I've had spyware and I have Windows..but now I have some program that blocks it or something like that.
*KT*

*Give Into The Sweet Temptation*

<span style="color:royal blue"-::SMIRRRRRNOFFF::-

**chit-chat**
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

I got spyware all the time on my home computer. Viruses are still rare because I have reliable virus protectors, but spyware is very common.

Doug
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

I get no spyware. The one spyware program I had was this extraordinarily nefarious and very tricky little thing from a French ads company. It was almost impossible to remove and it affected every browser as a whole, which means "every browser," e.g. Firefox, Mozilla, Opera and of course without fail Internet Explorer. But the thing could do that because it was editing the hosts file through a hijacked system file. So, basically, it got through a virus scan somehow, most likely through a zip archive. Since then, I have Norton run on max heuristics and of course scan within archives. I did before that too, but somehow I did not have it enabled. Perhaps it was a wave of insomnia? Oh well.

You may be thinking, ah, that sounds like a virus far more than a spyware application, but nope, it is most indeed a ?ad delivery? system for a French company. Basically, its purpose is to fairly consistently redirect you to one of their ?sponsored sites? every 3rd webpage loaded instead of the page you typed into the URL field or bookmark you clicked, doesn?t matter which browser you use. Annoying little bastard if I do say so myself. I finally got rid of it a day later, but I felt violated so I did a fresh reinstall of Windows.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.