Henna Anyone?

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Toy Soldier
Veteran

Henna Anyone?

Post by Toy Soldier »

Hey, I've just tried to put henna on my handswith a Claires Accesories kit, but I've already ran out of the oil. Does anyone know where you can get any refills (in the UK, Northwest)?

Also, the pattern does'nt seem to stay put. I leave the henna on for over 30mins, exactly like the instruvtions recommend, even an 1 hr at one point, but still no result. Do you have to press on hard with the paste so your skin is dyed? I know these kits work cos my mate once had a kit and used it to make a cross on her ankle and it was noticeable, but with me its no luck and its on the back of my hand!

Any help please?
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
skaterGuy15
Veteran

Re: Henna Anyone?

Post by skaterGuy15 »

Whenever I've seen henna used, it's been on the palm of people's hands. My friend tried it just the other day and she put it on the palm of her hand. Faded after a few days though.

I'm not sure about refills, but if you ask a Hindu person they could probably tell you. My indian friend uses henna every year for celebrations. It's quite pretty.
I wish I were a spy.
CausticTears
Veteran

Re: Henna Anyone?

Post by CausticTears »

I've seen henna on the back of hands, they can be done mostly any where. Henna does need to dye your skin, so maybe you should press harder. You shouldn't be painting it lightly on..because..it won't stay that way. Paint it on like you're painting on a slightly slipperly wall..harder.

Goood luck!
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

-Leo Buscaglia

[HT Chat Room ][ HT Articles ]

Get your badges