...this Annoys Me...

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Re: ...this Annoys Me...

Post by PurplePoemPuppet »

Originally posted by junglemonkey@Dec 27 2004, 03:31 AM

All good points PPP but on the same token my parents hid it away, if anything loosely related to sex came on TV they'd try to get it off before I realised and they treated it as this horrible, wrong thing.

And to this day I've yet to have the sex talk! My parents have never ever discussed sex with me. And the message that has sent out is that it's dirty and sinful and wrong and I should be ashamed if I do it. And I'm sure when I pluck up the courage to have sex for the first time I'm be bloody terrified!

[right][/right]

I myself have yet to have the "sex talk" and well it's a little late to be asking for it considering I'm 19 and in college. And I wonder what it would have changed if I had had it. I see myself to be very different from my brother and sisters and I honestly just can't think if how my parents chose to handle certain movies and and the like was really the best way to go. Frankly I'm proud of my parents for how they chose to raise me. Not letting me go certain places with certain people at a certain age. Also not watching certain movies. When it came to the point where I was permitted to watch the things that at a time I wasn't allowed to, I could see how I wouldn't have been able to fully grasp it and probably shouldn't have.

The best scenario I can fit this to is watching a movie once when you're young. You see it a few times and then one time later on as you're older, you start to notice phrases or gestures in the movie that you never really caught onto before because you were too young to understand it. I think that's a lot of the reason for shielding our kids some. If we don't, we risk them beginning to understand without full knowledge and awareness of what the big stuff in life, the sex, violence, etc., is. Not an influence our kids need I think.
Email: SMyers017@gmail.com

AIM: PurplePoemPuppet
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

well about the sex-talk many people haven't had it *i will make a poll in sexsexsex about it :P*

we took a poll in health class and ZERO of 16 people got the sex talk from their parents...

~Jeff~
Saren
Veteran

Post by Saren »

Originally posted by AlternativeFairy+Dec 27 2004, 02:39 PM--
[/right]

[/b]

I don't believe they are helpless...they have brians..they may not be as fully developed as ours but still they aren't helpless...

but i don't think that you really understand where im coming from...

~Jeff~

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

Yes, they have brains, but it is proven that children under the age of 12 don't have good judgement. They aren't fully developed and don't have a lot of common sense.

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

Even when they're 13 they're just beginning to get into puberty and everything. That's why parents should be more aware of who their kids are dating. Such as my ex (Being 17 almost 18 at the time) who dated her for a little while. HE had more experience in this stuff. Let her grow outta the Barbie Dolls first, eh? : P
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

l3rok3n
Loyal

Post by l3rok3n »

Children should be sheltered to a point. I don't think they shouldn't be told about sex, drugs, alcohol and all that but I mean a 5 year old shouldn't be allowed to watch American Pie 2 or anything.

I personally don't believe in things like Lindsay Lohan saying she is a good role model for kids and her sister then going out getting wasted, doing drugs and then in 2005 going to pose for playboy. I would shelter my kid from her. It is one thing to do all that stuff and it is another to also star in disney movies while doing it.

Kids mimic what they see. They are young and impressionable.
You called yesterday to basically say

That you care for me but that you're just not in love

Immediately I pretended to be feeling similarly

And led you to believe I was O.K.

To just walk away from the one thing

That's unyielding and sacred to me

Well I guess I'm trying to be nonchalant about it

And I'm going to extremes to prove I'm fine without you

But in reality I'm slowly losing my my mind

Underneath the guise of a smile gradually I'm dying inside

Friends ask me how I feel and I lie convincingly

'Cause I don't want to reveal the fact that I'm suffering

So I wear my disguise 'til I go home at night

And turn down all the lights and then break down and cry

So what do you do when somebody you're devoted to

Suddenly just stops loving you and it seems they haven't got a clue

Of the pain that rejection is putting you through

Do you cling to your pride and sing "I will survive"

Do you lash out and say "How dare you leave this way"

Do you hold on in vain as they just slip away
Shwynsh
Veteran

Post by Shwynsh »

WHAT?! Lindsay Lohan is going to pose for Playboy in 2005?

Ew, I hate her. I really do. I used to like her but now I hear she's a spoiled bitch with huge [fake] boobs.

Okay, sorry off topic. Continue. :rolleyes:
<span style=\'color:gray\'

"I have a feeling that you're riding for some kind of a terrible, terrible fall. . . . This fall I think you're riding for-it's a special kind of fall, a horrible kind. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. He just keeps falling and falling. The whole arrangement's designed for men who, at some time or other in their lives, were looking for something their own environment couldn't supply them with. Or they thought their own environment couldn't supply them with. So they gave up looking. They gave it up before they ever really even got started"
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

see you are all the prime example of what im talking about...

let linsey lohan do what the hell she wants...if she wants to model naked (:pukes: female body :pukes:) then let her...and just becuase she does don't hate her for it...

its her life...just because she does doesn't mean she isn't the same role model she is...shes a great person and let her do what she wants to do

~Jeff~
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

Originally posted by ~*~AiM_uSeR~*~@Dec 27 2004, 11:32 PM

let linsey lohan do what the hell she wants...if she wants to model naked (:pukes: female body :pukes:) then let her...and just becuase she does don't hate her for it...

its her life...just because she does doesn't mean she isn't the same role model she is...shes a great person and let her do what she wants to do

~Jeff~

[right][/right]

hold on. let me get this straight, so your saying her being featured in playboy wont have an impact on how people see her? that is definitely wrong. she will be less of a role model if she does that and she will lose my respect.

ne ways, i doubt its true.

[offtopic]i find it funny how the naked female body makes you "puke." i just think its odd, im straight and i dont see the naked male body as nasty or something to make me sick. show some common decency. we all know your homosexual, i dont see why you need to flaunt it around... in my opinion you do it all the time.[/offtopic]
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Shwynsh
Veteran

Post by Shwynsh »

Originally posted by ~*~AiM_uSeR~*~@Dec 27 2004, 10:32 PM

~Jeff~

[right][/right]

Nono. I don't hate her because of Playboy. I just don't like her in general. The fact that she's doing playboy just adds to it.

To be like that is one thing. That's fine, do whatever you want. But then to claim to be a 'rolemodel'? That's not 'rolemodel' material. Maybe for some girls, but not what many parents want their daughters striving to be. Anyway, I'm not saying that you should shelter your kids from her, beacuse I don't see it as that big of a thing, I'm just saying for the sake of it.
<span style=\'color:gray\'

"I have a feeling that you're riding for some kind of a terrible, terrible fall. . . . This fall I think you're riding for-it's a special kind of fall, a horrible kind. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. He just keeps falling and falling. The whole arrangement's designed for men who, at some time or other in their lives, were looking for something their own environment couldn't supply them with. Or they thought their own environment couldn't supply them with. So they gave up looking. They gave it up before they ever really even got started"
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Originally posted by Shwynsh@Dec 27 2004, 04:59 PM

WHAT?! Lindsay Lohan is going to pose for Playboy in 2005?

Ew, I hate her. I really do. I used to like her but now I hear she's a spoiled bitch with huge [fake] boobs.

Okay, sorry off topic. Continue. :rolleyes:

[right][/right]

REALLY?!?!

AHHHHHHHH! This makes me so happy! She's so hot!

Okay, back on topic.

Meh, let the kids see her naked in Playboy. It's called a body. We all have one.

Cheers,

Jenna

P.S. So what they're fake? They're cute. :P
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

I'm with you Jeff. When my parents had me .. they didn't have any of those special learning toy and all kinds of different things to keep your kid amused. My baba had a chemistry set when he was like 8 years old.. it had all kinds of chemicals and things in it.. The thing was back then I think parents watched their kids more.. instead of relying on a toy to take care of them.
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy