Sex Changes

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

AidanCorwyn
Loyal

Sex Changes

Post by AidanCorwyn »

didnt put this in sexuality becuase I wanted to diverse aray of viewpoints. so what are your thoughts on sex changes(un pc name but whatever)?

First I should probably state that I am extremely bias on this, I am trangendered and am in the process of decideding whether I will pursue hormones and surgery.

Anyway, I feel that it is the person decision, and it is to help people live their life in a way where they can be themselves.

Just becuase you are born into one sex, that doesnt mean that is how you see yourself. And just like any guy who sees himself as i guy, wouldnt want the world to think of him as a girl, call him a girl, or make him dress as a girl. A girl who sees herself as a boy isnt going to want to be called a girl, or seen as a girl, or dress like a girl, it is bizzar and akward, and makes them unhappy alot of the time.

-Aidan
Skye
Veteran

Re: Sex Changes

Post by Skye »

Even though I am Roman Catholic...and my religious views tell me the opposite.

I believe you have the right to do these sex change operations to yourself (through medical surgery or whatnot) if it is your desire. To me--Gay, straight, bisexual, transgender male to female, transgender female to male, etc? it is all the same. They are just people to me. Marisa (a moderator here) and I were having an extremely interesting conversation the other day regarding what is feminine--what is masculine. And pretty much anything related to this subject matter.

What is feminine? Me?yah, that?s the answer. I am feminine purely because I am female? No, no, it?s taught by society. I call feminine being female. That is kind of the only way to do it. Sure it?s the easy way out. But besides your physical attributes, what makes you feminine? Not your figure or your body. That just makes you female. But, to be ?feminine? is taught. It is socialized. It comes directly from societies need to label you. Society needs to assign value to you. Society needs to enforce its own learned differences. It is what you are taught that makes you feminine, not the fact you have a vagina instead of a penis. The same goes for masculinity (men)?aside from broader shoulders and the absence of female hormones, what makes you male? When you?re growing up your body is predominantly female and always is predominantly female until you hit puberty. Only then does your ?masculinity? from a biological standpoint make much of a difference.

I do not believe that you should judge people purely on what gender they are born. There are a very high percentage of newborn births where the parents have to physically choose what gender they want their baby to become and grow up as because they are born hermaphrodites or do not have fully developed sexual organs of one gender or another. I can only imagine the turmoil. The internal hatred and confusion these people must have. It?s not their fault they are born this way. Nor is it their fault they had to grow up this way. They were given a set of genes by their parents and not all the time does this biological game of poker (sperm cards are wild) work the way we think it should.

Can you imagine what it must feel like seeing all of these mass media advertisements blasting in your face presenting this picture of what ?feminine? is according to popular culture and then see the opposite images for what is ?masculine? according to popular culture?! I can?t. I was born female and I don?t have to make those decisions in my life. For that, we should consider ourselves lucky. Or should we consider ourselves victims of societal boundaries for making us so closed minded. For making us so fucking afraid of anything different! We could go on and on about this subject, but I?ve tried to state my beliefs concisely.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

Oh...One more thing. Whatever you choose to do in the end--Congratulations for choosing what YOU want. Not what society tells you that you should want.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
Sierra
Loyal

Post by Sierra »

To each their own. If you want to do everything you can to be more feminine/masculine than nobody should tell you that you can't or try to stop you. It's your body, your decision, your right. Do what makes you happy because in the end that's all that matters, your happiness. Never sacrifice yourself to the beliefs of others. Rock on, Aidan. You don't need our opinions on this subject, do what makes you happy.

The apple falls far from the tree

she's rotten and so beautiful

I'd like to keep her here with me

and tell her that she's beautiful

She takes the pills to fall asleep

and dreams that she's invisible

Tormented dreams she stays awake

recalls when she was capable...

Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

I believe its okay, if you want to do it that is. But I don't think you should if your not transexual ((Isn't there some sort of gene saying you are??)) If your born a certain way, you should cherish it. But thats just me.
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
AidanCorwyn
Loyal

Post by AidanCorwyn »

theres not really a gene, theres theroie that its has something to do with the developement of the fetus in the 14 and 15th weeks of pregnacy, where the body developes one way, while the brain developes the other. but its just a theroie.

you have to go through alot of hoops to do it so they make the most sure that they can. and normally if someone is going to be something that drastic, it must be important to them
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

I don't like it at all.

I feel that people who get sex changes aren't willing to accept that they're truly gay, so they go towards what the society views as normal. A "male" or "female" dating one of the opposite gender.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
Sierra
Loyal

Post by Sierra »

Originally posted by Paris In Flames@Dec 30 2004, 09:42 PM

I feel that people who get sex changes aren't willing to accept that they're truly gay, so they go towards what the society views as normal. A "male" or "female" dating one of the opposite gender.

Cheers,

Jenna

[right][/right]

This isn't always the case, Jenna. Regardless of sexual orientation, a person can be male but feel very feminine and vise-versa, thus leading to possibly wanting a sex change. And sexual orientation often has little to do with masculinity/femininity; it's like how a lesbian couple can both be pretty feminine, or how one of the people in the relationship acts really feminine while the other acts more masculine, or they can both act masculine! if one of them feels masculine and likes girls chances are that they still won't get a sex change. it goes deeper than that, if somebody feels truely that they would be happier in a more feminine/masculine body, then why shouldn't they get a sex change if they want it?

The apple falls far from the tree

she's rotten and so beautiful

I'd like to keep her here with me

and tell her that she's beautiful

She takes the pills to fall asleep

and dreams that she's invisible

Tormented dreams she stays awake

recalls when she was capable...

Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Originally posted by Sierra@Dec 31 2004, 10:13 AM

This isn't always the case, Jenna. Regardless of sexual orientation, a person can be male but feel very feminine and vise-versa, thus leading to possibly wanting a sex change. And sexual orientation often has little to do with masculinity/femininity; it's like how a lesbian couple can both be pretty feminine, or how one of the people in the relationship acts really feminine while the other acts more masculine, or they can both act masculine! if one of them feels masculine and likes girls chances are that they still won't get a sex change. it goes deeper than that, if somebody feels truely that they would be happier in a more feminine/masculine body, then why shouldn't they get a sex change if they want it?

[right][/right]

::le sigh:: My very ignorant side is coming out now.

No, I understand that some people can get it, and if they want it - then it's fine. I personally would never get a sex change myself, nor am I attracted to people who've had sex changes.

I'm not like, "Oh my god you can't get a sex change!!" If the person wants it, then you know what? Whatever. Let em get it. But I think that they are just unwilling to accept that they're gay and they feel the need to fit into societal norms.

There was a thread in sexuality a while back where a couple of transgender kids started talking about what led them to the realization that they wanted to to be a girl. One was like, "Well....I really liked playing with barbies when I was little, so now I wanna be a girl." No. I know plenty of boys who play with barbies, and they're straight as arrows. INTERESTS DO NOT DETERMINE SEXUALITY. I feel they put too much stress on it.

I know some people who are gay and can't come to term with themselves. Immediately, they peg themselves as trangender. They FIRST need to come to terms with themselves. They can't go, "Oh my god I'm gay and people won't accept me! Now I have to go and be a woman!"

Those are my experiences with transgender people, and I have never met a real like transgender where the person went through all the steps first before getting a sex change.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...