Prince Harry Makes Headlines Again.

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Toy Soldier
Veteran

Prince Harry Makes Headlines Again.

Post by Toy Soldier »

I don't know if anyone else agrees with me, but the latest news about Prince Harry dressing up in a Nazi Uniform makes me feel sick, plus the fact that it is Holocaust Remembereance in a fortnights time. Heres an article:

Outrage over Harry's Nazi gaffe

13 January 2005

Prince Harry's Nazi fancy-dress uniform complete with swastika armband has sparked international outrage and calls for him to apologise in public for his "shameful" antics.

The Israeli foreign minister and the EU's foreign policy chief joined the throng of anti-facist groups, Jewish human rights organisations and politicians who rounded on the 20-year-old royal.

Calls were made for the third in line to the throne to cancel his plans to join the Army following his "totally inappropriate" decision to wear the Nazi soldier outfit with a swastika emblazoned on his arm.

The furore is the latest in a long line of troubles for Harry. He scuffled with a paparazzi photographer in October and three years ago was exposed as having smoked cannabis.

A picture of the young royal at a party dressed in Nazi regalia including a badge of the German Wehrmacht was published on the front page of The Sun.

Clarence House swiftly issued a written statement from the Prince in which he apologised for any offence.

Israeli foreign minister Silvan Shalom was among those who criticised him, describing the use of Nazi symbols as intolerable.

"I think anybody who tries to pass it off as bad taste must be made aware that this can encourage others to think that perhaps that period was not as bad as we teach the young generation in the free world," he said.

EU foreign policy chief, Javier Solana said: "It's not an appropriate thing to do."

Tory leader Michael Howard said Harry should appear in person to "tell us just how contrite he now is".
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Re: Prince Harry Makes Headlines Again.

Post by yoaliens3000 »

honestly i think its funny and terrible at the same time. true what he did wasnt very smart. but what do you expect, its prince harry, i think he likes his name in the media spotlight. i wonder where he got that dressing like a facist prick was cool. hes a teenager, teenagers are stupid and make bad choices, hes not any different. at least he said sorry.

edit: just noticed hes 20, not really a teenager anymore.
idano
Loyal

Post by idano »

I think there are far worse thing that he could of done and he didn't mean it. It was fanncy dress. He should of thought before he done it, but really I think the media are really unfair on him.
<span style=\'font-family:Impact\'You can't trust someone who thinks you're crazy

<span style=\'color:purple\'Evil is just Live spelled backwards
The Black Hat
Veteran

Post by The Black Hat »

Fuck them - He was an idiot for wearing such a thing in the first place. He gets what he gets. Why should we give a shit?
Respectfully,

Black Hat

Wheretogo
Veteran

Post by Wheretogo »

if i wore a costume like that no1 would care... its just cuz hes royal... i dont really care... hes already under enough pressure... he did sumthing stupid... w/e he said sorry so let it go
Why give up, why give in?

It's not enough, it never is.

So I will go on until
the end.

We've become desolate.

It's not enough, it never
is.

But I will go on until the end.

I've lost my way.

I've lost my way, but I will go on until the end.

Living is
hard enough

Without you fucking up.

Until The End - Breaking Benjamin
Zarie
Veteran

Post by Zarie »

I never believed clothing could be so offensive. But I think it's funny. I would have done the same thing if I was Harry. I'm not a Nazi, but I love to piss off people who make a big deal over a bunch of ugly old clothes. I think they should worry only if Harry took out a rifle and massacred a bunch of Jews in front of them.

myspace profile + my livejournal

Rocco: Fucking... What the fuck. Who the fuck fucked this fucking... How did you two fucking fucks... FUCK.

Connor: Well, that certainly illustrates the diversity of the word.
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

I guess, in a way, it's a case of not being able to let go of the past.

Maybe Harry was trying to make a statement, you just don't know what was going through his head. People make mistakes, they don't think the consequences through all the time, give the boy the benefit of the doubt. Personally, I get the impression that he is under immense pressure and probably isn't the most keen about being part of the royal family. Ok, he needs to understand what he did, but I don't see all this fuss. He's apologised, bloody well let it go instead of giving the guy pelters!

I mean wtf is the Royal Family all about anyway? They are worth BILLIONS but there are people sleeping on the streets.
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

I think some people are more upset about it because its only a few weeks until the Holocaust Memorial day thing and it upsets people, especially when they don't they've lost people they knew during the Holocaust. Plus, he is also applying to go in the army, and if someone who was'nt famous did the same thing he did, they would'nt have been accepted. They would have been told to sod off, but because Harry is a Royal, its different. meh, he sometimes brings it on himself. Really, I think people would'nt have been so bothered about it if the Holocaust Memorial was'nt so close and people feel that Harry is probably making a mockery of what happened all those years ago. I mean, how would you feel if someone you loved dearly got killed during the Holocaust because of the Nazis, and then decades, a member of the Royal family think it is funny to do that?

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
Zarie
Veteran

Post by Zarie »

^...But you're missing the point, Harry isn't doing that.

myspace profile + my livejournal

Rocco: Fucking... What the fuck. Who the fuck fucked this fucking... How did you two fucking fucks... FUCK.

Connor: Well, that certainly illustrates the diversity of the word.
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

I know he is'nt making a mockery hun, but people who have lost someone during the Holocaust may feel like thats what hes doing.They're blaming Prince Charles for whats hapened now though :rolleyes: .

Angel Breaks says:

NunchakuSteve
Veteran

Post by NunchakuSteve »

If someone wearing a bag on their head, red boots, and green shirt killed your family..and you saw someone wearing the exact same thing you'd still feel bad..it was a bad example but hey
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

Originally posted by NunchakuSteve@Jan 15 2005, 02:36 PM

If someone wearing a bag on their head, red boots, and green shirt killed your family..and you saw someone wearing the exact same thing you'd still feel bad..it was a bad example but hey

[right][/right]

^^^Thats what I was trying to say. Thankyou Steve! :hug:

Angel Breaks says:

Tree Fingers
Loyal

Post by Tree Fingers »

Actually, that is absolutely ridiculous that Harry would do that.

He is a public figure. That is fucking retarded.