Car Troubles

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

junglemonkey
Veteran

Car Troubles

Post by junglemonkey »

Ok on Thursday my power steering failed in my BMW Mini. The car's under a year old so I'm really pissed. We called out BMW assistance and the guy came out, said it was a slack wire, pulled out some bit of the moulding and fixed it. So that was fine.

Next day, I get in the car to go to school and the power steering has failed again. BMW assistance (same guy) are called out again and he switches on the engine and it's working again without touching it. So he arranges to put it into the garage.

Next day, BMW phone saying they can't find a problem with the car (remember, it was working at the time) and it is WRONGLY INFLATED TIRES! Now, I'm not a car mechanic but I know from my theory test that wrongly inflated tires affect the steering in that it will pull to the side, not make the bloody power steering fail!

Does that seem like bullshit to anyone else? I don't think my tyres magically reinflated in the 45 minutes it took the mechanic to get to my house! Problem is, I need the car to get to school and it's hard to insure me on their courtesy cars (I got a BMW 1 Series, 1.8 litre engine diesel lol, very powerful) and I'm screwed if it fails again, which it inevitabley will

Are they talking crap to me?
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
jess_617
Veteran

Re: Car Troubles

Post by jess_617 »

hmm i dont know much at all about cars...sorry but if you think they are jerking you around, take your car to a different garage and see what they say.

sorry about your car and good luck getting it fixed.
Hey everyone. Im around here alot so if anyone ever needs a chat feel free to PM me or add me on Yahoo, AIM, or MSN. I'll do my best to help. <3

Jessi's Myspace...add me if you want..i have like 3 friends on there. lol
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

Yeah the power steering failed again today twice so it's in the garage again. If they fuck us around anymore I'll go psychobitch on them, lol.
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
jess_617
Veteran

Post by jess_617 »

lol good idea. they wouldnt dare screw you over if you threatened to castrate them. *hint hint* :P
Hey everyone. Im around here alot so if anyone ever needs a chat feel free to PM me or add me on Yahoo, AIM, or MSN. I'll do my best to help. <3

Jessi's Myspace...add me if you want..i have like 3 friends on there. lol