Passion

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

5a5
Veteran

Passion

Post by 5a5 »

they've nominated Passion of the Christ for like 3 lame category oscars nothing significant, same with Farengheit 9 11, and the Aviator which is a lame movie is running for 11, so how come a movie like Passion which made over 600 million in box office is overlooked just cause it makes some people uncomfortable, what do u guys think? i personally wont watch the Oscars
Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come
Trapped
Veteran

Re: Passion

Post by Trapped »

Well, I agree with you (but geez, dont take anything I say too seriously, it's not like I know what I'm talking about) on the fact that awards being giving to stupid movies,(not as ___something---my words have quickly begun to be erased as other movies) when more deserving ones get nothing or are overlooked just because of people's opinions. Tha't really just an addition to some thigns I don't like about American...ways of doing things. They're just so opinioated and biased. Yeah, and I guess not being patriotic would put me as being treason-like, so I should be exucuted (we just learned of something like that in history). :furious: (mordant-) Ok?

Yeah, like I said, don't quote me on things. My mind is so screwed up right now, that...I can' tevne describe it. No words.
It's the little things that make a big difference.

In case you hadn't noticed...4-letter words:

love - hate - true - life

"And there are voices

That want to be heard

So much to mention

But you can't find the words"

--Listen to Your Heart, DHT

I can't erase myself, but I can try to move on.
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

Passion was a good movie, but extremely risqu? at the time.

Who knows? There may or may not still be animosity in Hollywood.

As for Fahrenheit 9/11 -- that documentary does not deserve any awards whatsoever.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Originally posted by Skye@Feb 3 2005, 10:23 AM

As for Fahrenheit 9/11 -- that documentary does not deserve any awards whatsoever.

[right][/right]

Tsk tsk tsk. :) I think Farenheight was brilliant. It should win the awards.

I dunno - I never saw Passion of the Christ. Woop de fucking doo. It showed Jesus being crucified. Tons of peopel got crucified back then. This movie showed reality and tons of people made it seem like Jesus suffered the most. ::le sigh::

Anyways - The Aviator... hm....too long of a movie. It was good, granted, but it had too much Leo and not evough Kate Beckinsale. The woman (can't think of her name right now) who played Kathryn Hepburn should win an award for her role. It was brilliant.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

Originally posted by Paris In Flames+Feb 3 2005, 11:03 PM--
[/right]

[/b]

Tsk tsk tsk. :) I think Farenheight was brilliant. It should win the awards.

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

It was maybe 2% true, if that. And believe me when I say 2% true is a compliment for this terribly slanted work of Democratic propaganda. "If the Democratic Party ever wants to persuade Americans its vision is better, it had better wise up and deal with difficult issues with no spin." ? Bill O?Reily.

I don't care if O'Reily is slanted to the Republicans or not. He makes no denial of it.

Though, I do agree with him. The Democrats need to find their soul. They lost it a long time ago. It is really sad to see the Democratic party become so desperate that their entire existence hinges on an overly exaggerated, slanted, spin-alley approved ?documentary.?

FYI: I am neither Democrat nor Republican.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Ha, I'm not sure where to start...

I guess I'll start with Skye. Farenhiet was about 75% true. I watched it twice and I have also read a lot of books by incredibly respected authors (on both sides of the aisle) that made many of the same statements Moore made in the movie. Unfortunately, for one reason or the other, they never got much press until Moore used them in the movie. And please don't point me to "Frarenhype 9/11" because that is filled with more false statements than Moore's movie.

You are right on one point though - Bill O'Reilly IS a republican. I watch his show about twice a weak and constantly hear about "the nutball left" and "the elite left" and "the crazy left." Once in a while he will throw in a stab at the far right, but the ratio is about 7:1. "No Spin" is bullshit because there's all kinds of spin on that show. And he DOES deny that he's a republican. He may be registered independent, but that doesn't mean anything.

In regards to The Passion of the Christ, the people who approve the nominees were in a lose-lose situation. If they give it a bunch of nominations, then they're pandering to the right. If they don't give them any, they're pandering to the left . They did what they could.

As for The Aviator, I never watched it but the fact that it has Leonardo DiCaprio gives it 3 right there. It's all a big popularity contest so you shouldn't put too much stock in it. I never watch these awards shows.

OI
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna