Cursed

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

linc_j_2005
Loyal

Cursed

Post by linc_j_2005 »

I unfortunately just got back from this film (two people I know very much wanted to check it out), and I have to say this film is just explained in five big letters: A W F U L. Even decent actors like Christina Ricci and Joshua Jackson (yes, believe it or not, Mr. Jackson sometimes does show some talent) can't get out any amount of a semi-decent performance from the ultra-bland, ultra-zero character development, ultra-cliche'd and ultra-unsuspenceful script/film. And, let me just say, that the werewolf design in this film is truely quite laughable and mostly CGI-ridden. The entire movie, if viewed as a comedy, might even semi-work. But as a horror film with a little bit of witty/sly humor, which is what the film should have been from the likes of Wes Craven and the-used-to-be-extremely-original screenwriter/director Kevin Williamson, it fails miserably. So, my final take on Cursed is quite obvious (it's fairly awful), but what is your take on this movie?
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Re: Cursed

Post by Paris In Flames »

Is Portia de Rossi in it?
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
linc_j_2005
Loyal

Post by linc_j_2005 »

Yes, Portia de Rossi has a two-scene stint in the film as a "psychic". Although Portia is usually an alright actress, she can't even give a semi-okay performance with the material at hand here. Again, overall the whole movie is fairly AWFUL.
Saren
Veteran

Post by Saren »

My sister saw it (I didn't obviously) but I got her view on it and she said it was good and she was freaked by some of the parts. Then again, she's afraid of a LOT of these types of movies (almost all horror movies) so I don't know if that counts.
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

I find it surprising you expected this film to be anything at all...I knew from the first time I saw the preview it would suck. Haha. It just screamed stupid.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
linc_j_2005
Loyal

Post by linc_j_2005 »

Skye, from the minute I first saw the trailer as well, I knew something smelled EXTREMELY AWFUL. But, having said that, when I finally unfortunately saw it, it even blew away my expectations of how crappy I thought it would be.
Breathe_In_For_Luck7
Veteran

Post by Breathe_In_For_Luck7 »

Hmmm... I just made a post in here, but it didn't show up... o well.

I thought it was hysterically funny because it was so corny! My friends and I just said there making fun of it the whole time, which made it 10 times funnier. My favorite part is when the werewolf gives them the middle finger. Hadihahahahaha!
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
linc_j_2005
Loyal

Post by linc_j_2005 »

Originally posted by Skye+Mar 12 2005, 01:24 PM--
[/right]

[/b]

Sometimes I will endure the pain of such movies because its great to be with friends. :)

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

Well, that's one of my many problems which ultimately made this experience not fun in any kind of literal or reality-based sense (completely friend-less, here).