California Judge Declares That A Ban On

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Doug
Veteran

Re: California Judge Declares That A Ban On

Post by Doug »

Originally posted by yoaliens3000@Mar 28 2005, 11:43 PM

I dont think any lower of homosexual people but I dont support that they should be allowed to get married. The western accepted definition of marriage is a sacred bond between a man and a women. I dont think it a tradation that deserves to get raped. I think homosexuals should be allowed to get civil unions and have all the tax, insurance and whatever benifits that married couples do. You may think its childish, but the word Marriage means alot to me.

[right][/right]

Raped? I've never been raped, and I found that offensive.

And for the last time, civil unions ARE NOT EQUAL TO marriage. They deny many, many rights. Before making a statement, do some research please.
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

I think that for the Western world, (and I've talked this over with a friend who's a classicist) marriage is an institution strongly tied with Christianity. While Rome did have marriage, it wasn't the same as what marriage meant once Constantine converted. In pre-Christian Rome, marriage was a civil institution and not a religious one. It has always been associated with an act of love, but you wouldn't go to the local temple of Cupid or Venus in order to get hitched. It was all regulated by the state. Once Catholicism came into Rome they brought the religious sacrament of marriage into the culture thus altering what marriage meant. Marriage was now in the hands of the church. For the next 1700 years or so marriage is equated with the Church because in all countries since then, the Church at one time was sponsered by the government. Now however, the US finds itself in a position of the seperation of church and state. Therefore, I think the civil institution of marriage needs to be brought back. I think a civil union should be the equal of a marriage, the only difference being a civil union is performed by the government while a marriage is performed in a church. Call civil unions whatever you want.... "yehassers" for all I care, but invent a new word that signifies that this institution is just as valid as the religious institution of marriage, it is simply that yehassers do not have any religious ties to it. Keep in mind that even if you are married in a church, you must still go to the city and get a marriage license. So I don't see why we can't simply tweak it out so that yehassers provide the same rights, responsibilities, and benefits as a religious marriage.

tJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
Sierra
Loyal

Post by Sierra »

I have a friend that grew up with two lesbian mothers and never really knew his dad, I think he came out wonderfully. He's his own person, unique; he knows that true parental love has nothing to do with the sexual orientation of his parents. So many people are against GLBS people adopting because they think the kid would be teased or grow up "fucked up" or whatever. What they fail to realize is just how many children are raised by straight parents who beat the shit out of, neglect, molest, or leave them. You don't think that "messes" them up???

i quote the constitution:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof...

This means that congress can't tell you what religion to follow or how to follow it. This statement separates the church from the state. This, my friends, is the constitution. This my friends, means that no matter how many times you back up your biased views with religious references to support the "marriage is between a man and a woman" idea, it is void. Give it up, if it doesn't hurt you then leave it alone.

The apple falls far from the tree

she's rotten and so beautiful

I'd like to keep her here with me

and tell her that she's beautiful

She takes the pills to fall asleep

and dreams that she's invisible

Tormented dreams she stays awake

recalls when she was capable...

lash
Loyal

Post by lash »

Originally posted by yoaliens3000@Mar 28 2005, 10:43 PM

I dont think any lower of homosexual people but I dont support that they should be allowed to get married. The western accepted definition of marriage is a sacred bond between a man and a women. I dont think it a tradation that deserves to get raped. I think homosexuals should be allowed to get civil unions and have all the tax, insurance and whatever benifits that married couples do. You may think its childish, but the word Marriage means alot to me.

[right][/right]

Rape:

1) To force (another person) to submit to sex acts, especially sexual intercourse; commit rape on.

2) To seize and carry off by force.

3) To plunder or pillage.

Raped?
Turning over in interrupted slumber,

You ponder others, growing ever wakeful,

You've locked the vermin in the other bedroom,

To be so perfect causes you to feel so thankful,

Now find the fault because your boyfriend can't read,

Reflecting on to you is all the bitterness you need,

So unhappy, yet so preoccupied,

Never found beaten down with your forked tongue tied.

Your eulogy is like poetry,

But your mouth is like a magazine.

Queen dependency is cowering, please don't be confused,

You are vacant and submissive, receptive to abuse,

Virtue isn't tangible, and sense of self is dated,

Names constant on your cracked lips are now eviscerated,

Your spine is made of metal, Your veins are bound in electric tape,

And all along an impulse lights at random in your face,

Yough cought up an offering and forget which words are lies,

Then your skull echoes a singeing pop, as your brain is cauterized.

-"Mouth Like A Magazine" Showbread
lyn4sho
Loyal

Post by lyn4sho »

I am glad that they are making sense. This country we have the right for the pursuit of happiness as long as it doesn't harm others. I have many friends who are Bisexual and Homosexual, and I personally believe a person can't help to whom that they are attracted to. As long as they don't "hit on me" (the girls that is, since I don't go like that) I am perfectly fine with it, and we all hang out. In my mind, this is a repeat of the "Paragraph 175" in Germany before the Holocaust, and made worst during so. Our fore fathers came to this country for freedom of religion and actions, and we should still have that right. As a Catholic, I know it's was against the bible to be a homosexual, but the bible also says that fathers can sell their daughters into slavery, and Jesus said to love all, regardless.

-Lyn
Hello Adulthood!

The courage to serve them with reliance

Face my mistakes without defiance

Show them I'm worthy

And while I show them

I'll show me

So, let them bring on all their problems

I'll do better than my best

I have confidence they'll put me to the test

But I'll make them see I have confidence in me

-I Have Confidence

Sound of Music

http://fcla16.tripod.com/blogonlife/
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

Originally posted by OnlyInside+Mar 29 2005, 01:59 AM--
[/right]

[/b]

Before making a statement, read my post correctly please.

I think homosexuals should be allowed to get civil unions and have all the tax, insurance and whatever benifits that married couples do.

I dont know what rights civil unions grant now, and frankly it doesnt matter. Im saying I support civil unions being exactly equal to marriage.
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

Originally posted by lash+Apr 2 2005, 11:47 AM--
[/right]

[/b]

Rape:

1) To force (another person) to submit to sex acts, especially sexual intercourse; commit rape on.

2) To seize and carry off by force.

3) To plunder or pillage.

Raped?

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

4) destroy and strip of its possession; "The soldiers raped the beautiful country"

yes, Raped.
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Oh, this makes me SO happy!!! :P

HOORAY!

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
Elf-lord

Post by Elf-lord »

My thoughts, well they're my thoughts, and noone has to agree. But i'll just comment:

Marriage is an age old union between a man and a woman. Its been that way for a long time. Look at is as a club or an organization for a certain group. This particular one is for a couple consisting of a man and a woman.

When there's a men's health club, or an organization for single women, or even boy scouts, do the rules change? Can women join a men's health club? Or a father join an organization for single women? A girl be a boy scout? No, because that overrides the whole idea of the club/organization/union. Marriage, well that should be the same way.

Solution, well how do other groups solve this problem? Women get together and create their own health clubs. Men create groups to suit them. Organizations are made for girls, etc. Gay people want to have a special bond recognized by society? well, why not create a bond for this purpose? then marriage stays what its always been, a union for a man and woman couple, then religious beliefs stay the way they were. If there was some form of a union, like marriage, for gay people, then everyone could be happy, and there wouldn't be a conflict. Churches could decide whether or not to accept this new union designed for gay couples only, and wouldn't have to abandon their own universal beliefs. And marriage would stay a "club" just for man/woman couples. Something to think about. Perhaps a bit far-fetched, but hey, its possible.

"The wrath of the Elves is upon you!"