Scott Peterson Is Sentenced To Death

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

CanadaCraig
Veteran

Scott Peterson Is Sentenced To Death

Post by CanadaCraig »

Hi Everyone,

Scott Peterson has been sentenced to death.

Click on THIS to read the story.

Some of you may 'cheer' when you hear that Scott has been sentenced to death. But there is really nothing to cheer about. When Scott dies [assuming that actually does happen] it will simply mean that three lives have been lost. At one time - Scott was a beautiful baby - full of promise. But for some unknown reason - he did not value life. Tragically - he killed his wife and unborn baby. He also - in the end - killed himself. Do I think that death is an appropriate punishment for what Scott did? Yes - I do. But that doesn't mean I can't feel some compassion for Scott. "But for the Grace of God go I". In other words - none of us are as far away as we might like to think from becoming a 'Scott Peterson'. This is why we ALWAYS have to be 'on guard' insofar as our OWN attitude toward the value of LIFE. [including our own]

GREAT BIG HUG

Craig
"It takes FAR MORE COURAGE to be KIND than it does to be CRUEL!!"

Be sure to LIKE my Love The Bully Facebook Page!

Please visit 'Cambilar'! It's where you'll find my eBooks!

I am a 54 year old guy from Canada!! :)
The Black Hat
Veteran

Re: Scott Peterson Is Sentenced To Death

Post by The Black Hat »

You know, all of these imates on Death Row could be handled within two days. How? Firing squads.
Respectfully,

Black Hat

four
Veteran

Post by four »

Some little things called appeals and the ban on cruel and unusual punishment happen to make that illegal.
NAAM
The Black Hat
Veteran

Post by The Black Hat »

No, leathal injection is cruel and unusual punishment because you feel pain, a burning sensation. Thats why a firing square, and a bullet to the head, are better. Besides, a bullet is cheaper than chemicals.
Respectfully,

Black Hat

four
Veteran

Post by four »

From what I have read it is painless, and a firing squad could miss, injure you, not to mention the severe mental problems of standing in front of 10 rifles (which I feel would be worse than lethal injection).
NAAM
Shwynsh
Veteran

Post by Shwynsh »

No. He's a sick person, but I don't agree with Capital punishment in any way.
<span style=\'color:gray\'

"I have a feeling that you're riding for some kind of a terrible, terrible fall. . . . This fall I think you're riding for-it's a special kind of fall, a horrible kind. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. He just keeps falling and falling. The whole arrangement's designed for men who, at some time or other in their lives, were looking for something their own environment couldn't supply them with. Or they thought their own environment couldn't supply them with. So they gave up looking. They gave it up before they ever really even got started"
The Black Hat
Veteran

Post by The Black Hat »

Four, there is a better way. Give them a cigarette, a blind fold, have them get on their knees, let them take a couple of drags, make their peace with god, and one bullet from close range into the head.
Respectfully,

Black Hat

FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF »

i dont agree totally with capital punishment but i think Peterson deserves it, he prolly wont ever make it to death by injection because there are so many inmates on death row in cali and they are only killing them at a rate of two per year there is like 200+ on death row he'llnever make it down the list unless they sped it up or he killed himself which i also hope doesnt happen cause like with all suicides its the cheap and easy way out -MARY
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]
dead rose
Needs Another Hobby

Post by dead rose »

I live in Modesto Calif. the same town as scott peterson, so this whole thing really hit close to home for me...but i do not agree with the sentencing him to death. im actually im not saying he doesnt desever this punishment, bcuz he does, hes a horrible man! besides if he got a life sentence it just would have been a matter of him before he was dead anyways, i mean, there are a lot of people that really hate him and not all of those people are outside if prison, i honeslty dont think he will even make it to the injection part cuz like i think someone will kill him in jail, but thats just my views...anyways im out for now.
Time passes. Even when it seems impossible. Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

i dont think death is a punishment and i really dont think another human ( the judge) has the right to decide that, Peterson should pay for what he did by spending the rest of his life in a prison and i mean a real prison not a room with tv, books and good food, by giving him death sentence he will get off easily cause he wont have to live with what he did
Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come
MattMan
Veteran

Post by MattMan »

Originally posted by four@Mar 16 2005, 06:48 PM

not to mention the severe mental problems of standing in front of 10 rifles

[right][/right]

I don't think it would cause any more mental issues than being strapped to a table (or whatever they strap them to) and having to wait for them to test the syringes. Even if it was more mental stress, it's only temporary. I personally would prefer to be shot than injected.
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

I can't say I agree with capital punishment. I (oranyone else) should not be the hand of life or death. I honestly see very little difference between a man who murders and a judge who sentances a person to death. They have both severely overstepped the limits of what they should be able to decide on.

Now, as for method of killing. I don't think it's ever easy to die, nor is it ever painless. Some may be quicker than others, but I think whether you were dropped off a plane without a parachute, shot in the back of the head, poked with a lethal needle, or whatever else, you still are living your life knowing you are doomed and there is a number on your days. That causes severe mental stress. Period. I would object to being shot in the back of the head for the simple reason that I'm going to have a funeral, and no matter how good a mortician is, I don't think exit wounds to the face can really be fixed.

tJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

They should'nt have given him the death punishment. He would'nt have that poor women's death on his conscienece if he gets the death sentence. It will only be on his conscience for a limited number of days until its stopped. At least without the death sentence, he has to live for however long with that on his conscience.
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future