Terri Schiavo Dead After 13 Days Of Starving

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

yoaliens3000
Veteran

Terri Schiavo Dead After 13 Days Of Starving

Post by yoaliens3000 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:06 pm

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050331/D89613I8G.html
Schiavo Dies After Feeding Tube Removed

Mar 31, 10:06 AM (ET)

By MIKE SCHNEIDER

PINELLAS PARK, Fla. (AP) - Terri Schiavo, the severely brain-damaged woman whose final years tethered to a feeding tube sparked a bitter feud over her fate that divided a family and a nation, died Thursday, her husband's attorney said.

Schiavo, 41, died quietly in a Pinellas Park hospice 13 days after her feeding tube was removed despite extraordinary intervention by Florida lawmakers, Congress and President Bush - efforts that were rebuffed at every turn by the courts.

Her death was confirmed to The Associated Press by Michael Schiavo's attorney, George Felos, and announced to reporters outside her hospice by a family adviser.

I just think this is terrible. Even though my opinion about this is very mixed, I still think starving someone to death is terrible. RIP terri. I agree that it is definitely soley the husbands choice, if I was him i would have let someone take care of her. If someone is willing to take care of this women knowing her condition, why not let them? Starving her is a terrible way for her to die, even that it may be painless, it is still very inhumane.

Theres so many twists to this story. Susposivly hes in for the money, but that wouldnt make sense because he was offered 10 million dollars to give her up to her parents. They've said hes in it for his wifes wishes of not keeping her alive like artifically, but he only started using that argument 10yrs after the legal battles started... Obviously none of this matters now...

I can see it now, the next headline about this will be, "The battle for Terri's body continues in court today."

edit: i wanted to actually state my opinion about this, i didnt post it when i first made the thread

pynkgodde55
Loyal

Re: Terri Schiavo Dead After 13 Days Of Starving

Post by pynkgodde55 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:25 pm

Tis a sad day when we sentence an innocent woman to an agonizing death. 14 days without food and water. I just hope that the autopsy will be a full one and we can finally get some some questions answered. Judge Greer and Michael Schiavo are terrible men. I hope that God has mercy on them.
[center]Image[/center]

[center]Xanga/MySpace[/center][center]Wanna Know More about Jen?[/center]

FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:26 pm

thats so sad ........and it will lead to ppl who actually want to commit suicide to do it in that sort of public manner and ppl can apply for suicide its wrong .-MARY
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]

PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Post by PurplePoemPuppet » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:32 pm

From any little bit I followed about this case, I say the guy is a selfish bastard (if you want me to get all mean about it). Though her death and ability to function in the future were more than bleak, what a horrible event.
Email: SMyers017@gmail.com

AIM: PurplePoemPuppet

Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:38 pm

Originally posted by pynkgodde55@Mar 31 2005, 10:25 AM

Tis a sad day when we sentence an innocent woman to an agonizing death. 14 days without food and water. I just hope that the autopsy will be a full one and we can finally get some some questions answered. Judge Greer and Michael Schiavo are terrible men. I hope that God has mercy on them.

[right][/right]

*Sigh* It wasn't agonizing - she didn't feel anything. How many times does this have to be explained?

Also, Michael Shiavo was just following (what he believes were) his wife's wishes. He is a great man. Judge Greer was following the law of the land - as a judge should. For all the complaining about "activist judges," it's sure funny to hear tunes change when a non-activist judge makes a decision some don't like.

PPP - How is he being selfish? You think he wanted to see his wife die? Why would he want that? He gains nothing from her death - there's no reason to call him selfish or a bastard.
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna

MattMan
Veteran

Post by MattMan » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:24 pm

I think that it was better to let her die than to continue to live the way she did. I think her parents were selfish in wanting to keep her alive, when it was not what she wanted. It is sad that she had to go 13 days without food, though.

pynkgodde55
Loyal

Post by pynkgodde55 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:42 pm

1. She did suffer. Her body ate itself.

2. Michael Schiavo has a lot to gain. About $1.4 million to be exact. Also, to possibly cover up a crime. The crime is pure speculation but a bone scan showing prior blunt trauma that could've led to her collapse is pretty good evidence. He has a common law marriage and two kids with this woman. They live together. In Fl. this is considered adultery and dismissal of his guardianship over her. Of course, Judge Greer refuses to admit this as evidence. He also refuses to accept 33 doctors testifying to the fact that she wasn't PVS, a few nurses testifying that Michael was a cold heartless man. one nurse came forward saying that Michael said "Why won't this b---- just die". She was later fired from the hospice. Michael has much to gain from her death.

Believe me, I've been following this case for quite a while.

PS) Off topic- I keep smelling Old Bay seasoning where ever I go. Weird. :)
[center]Image[/center]

[center]Xanga/MySpace[/center][center]Wanna Know More about Jen?[/center]

Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:01 pm

Originally posted by pynkgodde55+Mar 31 2005, 11:42 AM--
[/right]

That was completely disrespectful. You should be ashamed.

Wheretogo
Veteran

Post by Wheretogo » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:27 pm

I say its about time she died. She was barely alive, and her life was no life to lead. I think its horrible that she was a pawn in such a battle, but she wasnt leading a life. She wasnt even there, I felt sorry for her. I am glad she is gone, cuz maybe she is in a better place now.
Why give up, why give in?

It's not enough, it never is.

So I will go on until
the end.

We've become desolate.

It's not enough, it never
is.

But I will go on until the end.

I've lost my way.

I've lost my way, but I will go on until the end.

Living is
hard enough

Without you fucking up.

Until The End - Breaking Benjamin

The Black Hat
Veteran

Post by The Black Hat » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:27 pm

She didn't feel anything guys. According to the doctors, in the condition she was in, she would not feel thirst or hunger. Its about time she passed away. She should've been allowed to die a long time ago.
Respectfully,

Black Hat

FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:30 pm

Originally posted by OnlyInside+Mar 31 2005, 03:01 PM--
[/right]

That was completely disrespectful. You should be ashamed.

[right][/right]

[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-BrittyKitty
@Mar 31 2005, 03:20 PM

yea ur only suffering when u know about the pain n what's going on....Which Terri had no clue...she didnt even know her name. She was so brain dead that she was actually dead. all she was doing was breathing and a machine helped her most of the time.

But, my opinion still stands the same. She's better off than being in a hospital bed for 15 years. Yea that's greta to have a relative go threw.

My grandpa got that bad....my g-ma wouldnt let him have a feeding tube. Thank god. I hated seeing him not be the man he was. A tall guy so independent and lovable. When i walked in the fucking room he would mumble some other name....in tears. I'm glad my g-pa went...he didnt deserve 2 be kept alove like that. Terri was like my grandfather she deserved to go....she has put up with enough. About 16 years ago Terri was a normal woman. Able 2 feed herself and wipe her own ass....then suddenly all her independence and knowledge is taken away from her. I would pray 2 god to take me. I hate it when ppl want others 2 lay there and not wanna be there but keep them there b.c they want them to stay n not die. JUST LET THE FUCK GO! i had to........and im only 15....ya think adults would see that it would be best....no0o0o00o0o.

i had a say in my grandfathers feeding tube....my g-ma walked up 2 me n asked me what she should do. I said "pull it ma. He wants to go." i fucking let go, the weakest person on earth....

the parents are lame ass parents and ppl.

[right][/right]

[/quote]

um how did any one know she was brain dead? she had no breathing tube so she obviously had something going on....... and SHE WAS TALKING she knew who ppl were she smiled you can tell in the pics HER EYES ARE OPEN and she BLINKS omg and how would any one but her know if she felt pain? you are not her-MARY
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]

yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:08 pm

I am amazed that some people dont even know the facts, mainly BrittyKitty. She was not brain dead. She was just brain damaged. Brain damaged people can lead great lifes if they go through the theorpy that terri was denyed. And he definitely does have another family. He lives with his girlfriend and they have a couple kids.

Trying to keep her here is not going agianst God, what are you talking about?

I still wish someone who supports her death would please answer my question. If someone is willing to take care of this women knowing her condition, why not let them? It obviously was not her dying wish because her husband just started using that argument 10yrs after the legal battles started.

PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Post by PurplePoemPuppet » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:19 pm

Originally posted by OnlyInside@Mar 31 2005, 08:38 AM

PPP - He gains nothing from her death - there's no reason to call him selfish or a bastard.

[right][/right]

I agree... I think 8:30 (after someone comes around pounding on the door) is too early in the morning to be typing a quick response. My apologies, those words aren't anything like I'd say with a fully functioning brain. *sits back in a corner and watches on*
Email: SMyers017@gmail.com

AIM: PurplePoemPuppet

Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:25 pm

Sorry YoAliens, I hadn't seen your question. The only answer to your question is that he was carrying out the wishes of his wife not to be kept alive. He knew that's not what she wanted and made sure he carried out her wishes. If he didn't want to spend the money, didn't want to take the time to care for her, or any of the other complaints I've heard, he would have passed her off to her parents when they offered that option.

CausticTears
Veteran

Post by CausticTears » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:53 pm

He has started a new family with a new woman, so how is it that he loved his "wife"? He just neglected his wife and went along with someone new. I don't know this man or the other people involved in this situation, so forget the judging.

It's sad that a woman had to leave this world at a young age, and that is all. Hopefully, she's in peace, right now.

I just have one question, it may have been answered in the news I don't know: Is there any other evidence, excluded the man, that has note of Terri saying her actual wish?
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

-Leo Buscaglia

[HT Chat Room ][ HT Articles ]

Get your badges

Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:47 pm