Terri Schiavo Dead After 13 Days Of Starving

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

5a5
Veteran

Re: Terri Schiavo Dead After 13 Days Of Starving

Post by 5a5 »

from what my bio professors said she didnt feel anything when she wasnt fed, it supposibly was the easiest and painless way to go for her, also she was bulimic that's how she became a vegetable so technically when she was alive she was starving herself., at least now she's at peace, it must have been horrible to be trapped in a shell that wasnt even a human anymore with no way to live or die, anything's better than that, she shouldnt have been kept suffering for 20 yrs like that
Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come
Wheretogo
Veteran

Post by Wheretogo »

you know what, i find that hard to believe. No one knew what she wanted. Since i was little i have made it clear that should something happen to me i want my organs donated (i was like 8 i dont think they listend to me back then) but i have signed a donoar card now. When my friend was in her accident they were faced with the option of pulling the plug or leaving her in a state like terri... They knew my friend would have wanted to die then be like terri. If you know the person, you should know kinda what they would prefer, it is more of a personality thing than an open discussion sometimes. I made mine an open discussion as only an 8 year old can, but to some extent they would have had to have known what terri would have wanted. I mean who really wants to live like that? Do you? Do you think your sister or brother would? or how about your best friend, do you think they want to live like terri did? Think long and hard about it, they had to have some clue of what she wanted. Everyone sorta does.
Why give up, why give in?

It's not enough, it never is.

So I will go on until
the end.

We've become desolate.

It's not enough, it never
is.

But I will go on until the end.

I've lost my way.

I've lost my way, but I will go on until the end.

Living is
hard enough

Without you fucking up.

Until The End - Breaking Benjamin
5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

well ya no one knew what she wanted now obviously but what possibly can u want after being trapped in ur own body unable to move or speak or live for 20 years? i mean that's possibly worse than death,i think her parents just had false hope cause it's easier to have their 'daughter' lie in bed like a doll than to deal with the fact that she's been pretty much dead for 20 yrs already, think about it for so many years she's been imobile can u imagine what happened to her body? her brain had years and i mean years to show any kind of tiny improvement and it didnt, her organs and muscles probably wouldnt even be able to maintain function if she became active again, i dont think death is a punishment, and in ths case it was a relief for her
Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come
pynkgodde55
Loyal

Post by pynkgodde55 »

Her family and friends knew what she wanted. They knew that if there was a chance, she would want to be kept alive and given that chance. There were 33 doctors who all confirmed that Terri has a chance if she had received therapy. One doctor equated her CT to a woman of 75-85 years. She could have benefited from therapy which MS failed to see bc he was off with some other woman.
[center]Image[/center]

[center]Xanga/MySpace[/center][center]Wanna Know More about Jen?[/center]
Wheretogo
Veteran

Post by Wheretogo »

actually, her brain scans showed that her brain was like a black hole, filled with spinal fluid.... many doctors said there was no chance of recovery. But the longer you are in a state like terri's the less likely you are to recover. 15 years is a very long time.
Why give up, why give in?

It's not enough, it never is.

So I will go on until
the end.

We've become desolate.

It's not enough, it never
is.

But I will go on until the end.

I've lost my way.

I've lost my way, but I will go on until the end.

Living is
hard enough

Without you fucking up.

Until The End - Breaking Benjamin
The Black Hat
Veteran

Post by The Black Hat »

Guys, first of all I'm glad she died. It means the media will drop the subject soon and I hope you all will too. People die. She wanted to die. I know if I was in her position, Id want to die and Im sure I am not alone.

She was a vegtable. She could no longer lead a 'normal' life and personally, if its anything less, its not worth it. Please, she died. The media has debated this long enough and so have we. We should all be ashamed talking about her like its some sort of "special event" and shit. Drop the subject.

Shes dead. Let her rest in peace. Jesus christ.
Respectfully,

Black Hat

Shwynsh
Veteran

Post by Shwynsh »

Okay, I didn't read all the responses, so I'm really sorry if this has been said and I'm being quite repetive, but I have to reply to this title. "Terri Schiavo Dead After 13 Days of Starving."

It was actually a VERY peaceful death and technically you could call it starving mainly because she was not recieving food, but after 24 hours you feel NO hunger at all. It would have been much more painful if they were to give her little bits of food because then they're substaining that feeling of hunger longer and longer. She was not in pain in the last days of her life, and that's what people try to make it seem like, like they're coldhearted people STARVING this POOR girl! As if she's about to pop out of this coma. I'm sorry, she's been like this for like 17 years, here. Come on now. Be realistic. What is the point in continuing a life that's HARDLY a life at all? I don't even know if you could consider that. The definition of "life" is a lot more than just breathing. And I'm not going to even touch the subject of the government getting SO involved, messing with the laws.
<span style=\'color:gray\'

"I have a feeling that you're riding for some kind of a terrible, terrible fall. . . . This fall I think you're riding for-it's a special kind of fall, a horrible kind. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. He just keeps falling and falling. The whole arrangement's designed for men who, at some time or other in their lives, were looking for something their own environment couldn't supply them with. Or they thought their own environment couldn't supply them with. So they gave up looking. They gave it up before they ever really even got started"
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

Originally posted by The Black Hat@Apr 1 2005, 10:54 PM

Guys, first of all I'm glad she died. It means the media will drop the subject soon and I hope you all will too. People die. She wanted to die. I know if I was in her position, Id want to die and Im sure I am not alone.

She was a vegtable. She could no longer lead a 'normal' life and personally, if its anything less, its not worth it. Please, she died. The media has debated this long enough and so have we. We should all be ashamed talking about her like its some sort of "special event" and shit. Drop the subject.

Shes dead. Let her rest in peace. Jesus christ.

[right][/right]

I guess I just value life at a very high level... She could have lived a good live if she was given the right therapy. She was in no ways hopeless. Just because you cant lead a so called "normal life" doesnt mean you arnt worthy to live. Watch how broad you make your statements.

I think the media did a good job covering this as much as they did. It brought a good sense of compasion to most of the country. I am in no way ashamed of sharing compassion for her.

edit: fixed spelling/grammer
The Black Hat
Veteran

Post by The Black Hat »

She didn't want to live in that kind of situation YoAliens. Would you?
Respectfully,

Black Hat

yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

Originally posted by The Black Hat@Apr 2 2005, 06:51 AM

She didn't want to live in that kind of situation YoAliens. Would you?

[right][/right]

You and I dont know that. No one knows that. There is alot of clues leading in the opposite direction of her husbands claim.

But yes, I hope if I was in that situation, my parents(or spouse) wouldnt loose hope on me. They would actually put me in the right therapy and I would lead a respectable life.
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

Originally posted by yoaliens3000@Mar 31 2005, 10:08 PM

Trying to keep her here is not going agianst God, what are you talking about?

[right][/right]

Heh, they were artifically keeping her alive.She had to have a tube which gave her food and water because her brain was damaged. A few years ago, before they had this fancy technology, she may have died years back. G-d may have wanted to take her earlier, but her life was held on for longer. However, it is in the doctors interests these days to try and preserve human life. Also, from what I've gathered, her husband wanted to act in her best interest and her parents wanted to keep her alive, because obviously, you want to keep someone alive if you think they'll be a chance they'll get better.

RIP Terri
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
four
Veteran

Post by four »

For the first five years of this she recieved occupational, physical, and speech therapy, as well as a sugery to implant a probe that was supposed to stimulate her brain, all of these failed however. They did attempt therapy.
NAAM
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

Originally posted by four@Apr 3 2005, 01:10 AM

For the first five years of this she recieved occupational, physical, and speech therapy, as well as a sugery to implant a probe that was supposed to stimulate her brain, all of these failed however. They did attempt therapy.

[right][/right]

The weird thing about this case is no one knows whats true. Im not saying what your saying is wrong. There are so many contridicting statements. From what ive heard, she was pulled out of therapy months after for no apparent reason. Eh, who knows.
four
Veteran

Post by four »

I just watched an hour special on A&E, which obviously is not necessarily the absolute truth, but it had interviews with both sides and I trust it. It is what I was using as a basis for my statements.
NAAM