What If... The Sex Pistols Had Stayed Together

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Toast960
Loyal

What If... The Sex Pistols Had Stayed Together

Post by Toast960 »

I'm sure this topic has been talked about to death but seriously, what do you think would've happened if the Sex Pistols hadn't broken up after their U.S. tour. Or even more so if they hadn't kicked Glen Matlock out for washing his feet and liking the Beatles? Would they have gone towards the experimental sound of Public Image Limited(Johnny Rotten's band after the Pistols broke up)? Would a second album have sounded like the few decent songs on "Great Rock n' Roll Swindle"? What are your thoughts?

Even more so, how would this have affected the rest of the movement. Would the Clash's "London Calling" have been as epic an album with the Pistols still around? Would the genre known as post-punk come about, leading to great bands such as Joy Division, The Cure, and U2 (pre-Joshua Tree)? What do you think?
To Liz, my one and only - May our love last forever :)

"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.." - Jack Kerouac, "On The Road"
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Re: What If... The Sex Pistols Had Stayed Together

Post by Paris In Flames »

Hmmm....I don't think anything big would come out of it. Music evolves, that's how life is love.

I think that the big bands (U2, etc etc etc) are still around because they changed their style of music to keep people happy. They fucking sold out. Listen to Vertigo...that's like, the true example of, "Fuck dude, they've fucking SOLD."

I dislike punk a lot. I don't think it actually needs talent to play.

Now if they'd turned to hardcore....lmao, now that might be a differnt story. :P

Cheers,

Jenna

P.S. Interesting thought Dan. :) How's everything going with you?
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

I believe they would have gotten unpopular, then broke up. Why? Because people's taste in music changes over time and music goes through trends.
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
Zarie
Veteran

Post by Zarie »

their era ended. now it's the "punk rock-emo-hardcore wannabe " era aka the "people are pussies" era.

i'm pretty sure they would have eventually broken up if they hadn't then. or they would have killed themselves after being in the gone-to-shit music industry for so long.

myspace profile + my livejournal

Rocco: Fucking... What the fuck. Who the fuck fucked this fucking... How did you two fucking fucks... FUCK.

Connor: Well, that certainly illustrates the diversity of the word.