Bands You Thought You Wouldn't Like

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Toast960
Loyal

Bands You Thought You Wouldn't Like

Post by Toast960 »

There's bands wo at first glance you don't think much of but after giving a serious listen to, you're blown away by. What bands/solo artists have been like this for you?

Here's mine:

Oasis - In 1996 I hated them because "Wonderwall" was so fucking overplayed and people at my school kept singing it, making it even worse. A few years ago a friend lent me "Definately Maybe" and "(What's The Story) Morning Glory" and I've been a fan ever since.

Eminem - I never really bothered to listen to him at first because I thought he was all hype but I saw the video for "Without Me" and I found it funny soon started listen to his stuff from the first two albums and became a fan of his.
To Liz, my one and only - May our love last forever :)

"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.." - Jack Kerouac, "On The Road"
OhSoLoSt
Loyal

Re: Bands You Thought You Wouldn't Like

Post by OhSoLoSt »

eek..nice topic

mine are:

Brand new - My friend adela was always talking about them constantly...eh, i never really cared that much about them. But then i went to this one concert where they opened and they were actually good. So she lent me the old cd and bought the new one and i fell in love with them.

My Chemical Romance - I heard about these guys ages ago from this one girl...she would always tell me to listen to them..but i never did. Then all of a suddden they get all famous and i heard "im not okay" i loved it...but thought maybe thats a one hit kind of song. My friend was playing the cd in her car..and i didn' tknow it was them and she put it on "you know what they do to guys like us in prison"....i loved the beginning. "in the middle of a gun fight,...in the center of a restaurant!!"
Don't hold yourself like that, you'll hurt your knees
Zarie
Veteran

Post by Zarie »

bright eyes. i didn't think i'd like them because i thought the music was a bunch of emo whining, but my best friend made me listen to a couple of songs and then i just become a fan instantly. they weren't what i thought they were.

nine inch nails. in grade school i remember watching the "perfect drug" video and thinking "wow, these guys are scary" with the whole dark ambience and dark clothing shit. skip to two years later and then i listened to more of their songs and i realized they weren't so scary after all.

the cure. i used to think that they only sung happy music (after listening to love song a long time ago) and well, i was very wrong about that. they make some of the saddest music ever.

myspace profile + my livejournal

Rocco: Fucking... What the fuck. Who the fuck fucked this fucking... How did you two fucking fucks... FUCK.

Connor: Well, that certainly illustrates the diversity of the word.
Jesykah ^_^
Veteran

Post by Jesykah ^_^ »

I know this is so typical...

The Used- I'd always heard about them but never bothered listening to them. I did like the song "Taste of Ink" though. But I never thought to listen to anything else. Then this year, "All that I've got" came out. I fell in love completely. I started to listen to their other stuff and I completely love it.

Evanescence-My couisn bought their CD almost as soon as it came out, and I'd always get so mad at her for listening to it continuously... but then I got the lyrics book out and read the lyrics. I bought the CD about 2 months later and I've been in love ever since. I even went to one of their concerts this August. It was amazing...granted Amy Lee's voice isn't that great live. It was still amazing. Amy Lee is like my idol now, too.

Modest Mouse- The first time I heard "Float on" I was annoyed to death. Then, one of my close friends bought the entire CD, I borrowed it, and I'm in love with it.
<span style="font-family:optima" J E S S I C A [/b]

<span style="color:orange"Jessica's MySpace. Go on, click it.