Bloomin Cheek!

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Lena
Veteran

Bloomin Cheek!

Post by Lena »

Its 5.08 am and just after dawn here (UK).

I was woken up from a lovely sleep by scampering and scuffling noises.

I opened my eyes to see a cute little fluffy thing with beady eyes (aka Mr Mouse) in my room.

The cheek of it! I was very happily asleep thank you very much!

I have just ended my attempts to catch him - he is happily out in the fields where he belongs now.

How can such a small thing wake me up? Hmmph.

ARRRRG. Wish me luck on my next atempt to sleep will you?
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
Doug
Veteran

Re: Bloomin Cheek!

Post by Doug »

Lol, sorry, but I started laughing when you said "The cheek of it." That was rather funny. Good luck with your sleeping.
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

Hahaha. I just love you English people. :hug:

I'm proud of you for humanely catching the mouse Liz. I would have screamed and jumped on my bed a lot. Hehe.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

Haha, Doug, I DID find it VERY amusing.

He WAS very cute - he just sat there looking at me, and if mice could laugh, he would have been. Bloody cheek!

Hannah, catching wild animals in the house and putting them back where they belong is second nature to me and always has been. Its what happens when you live (as Zoe put it) 'in the middle of no-where'.
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

Haha. Yes, I'm very much a suburbs girl. No wild mice in my room. Or I'd reak out.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

Hehe, but they are CUTE! I looove them. Just not at 4 am in the morning and/or waking me up. Lmao.
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

Haha, my friends dog has done that to me in the night, and he is HUGE!

Ahh, animals are lovable but SOOO annoying at times.
turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

It's sooooo true.

Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

:) Yep. :)
FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF »

well i would rather be woken up by a mouse-y then a dog that wieghs nearly 80 Lbs. sitting on my stomach because she didnt see me bleck-MARY
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]
Wheretogo
Veteran

Post by Wheretogo »

ha ha, this one time we had voles. i dunno what they were, or where the hell they came from. but they were EVERYWHERE!!!!! it only happened one summer, they were cute, and i wanted to keep it. people were finding them, and keeping them and teaching them tricks, people were letting them go. people were killing them. it was like a vole infestation. and then just as fast as they came, they were gone, never to be herd from again :'(
Why give up, why give in?

It's not enough, it never is.

So I will go on until
the end.

We've become desolate.

It's not enough, it never
is.

But I will go on until the end.

I've lost my way.

I've lost my way, but I will go on until the end.

Living is
hard enough

Without you fucking up.

Until The End - Breaking Benjamin
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

Lol, we have yellow collared woodmice. They literally invade homes as soon as they get into them. In the last two months we have humanely caught more than a hundred inside the house. (Yes, I DID mean that).

I was woken up again last night by a mouse (just as I had finally dropped off to sleep). Hehe, how mean of it. It was very cute though. We had a starting competition for 2 minutes, (I won!) before it decided to retreat back underneath my shelves. Haha, I couldn't be bothered to get up and try to catch it immediately. LMAO.