To The Brits On Ht

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

StressedOut
Loyal

To The Brits On Ht

Post by StressedOut »

Alright, you redcoats, I need some advice

My family is going on a vacation and we will be spending about 2 days in London

Anyone know any cool tourist attractions?

Or some good cheap resturants?
Image Season 7 Begins- January 2009
Lena
Veteran

Re: To The Brits On Ht

Post by Lena »

Right. My recommendations:

You HAVE to go on the London Eye. I LOVED it.

http://www.londoneye.com/

The river cruise along the Thames is a definate must alongside that (see the website for the eye above).

Another must is the bus tour through the capital. It includes most of the main attractions, has a tour guide to provide invo along the journey, and you can stop wherever you like to visit places along the way.

Pizza Express is a brilliant good value restaurant. http://www.londoneye.com/booking/restau ... restaurant

Have a look at that site for others, it makes a few good reccomendations.

(With the exception of the london eye and the river cruise, don't book ANYTHING through the site. I THINK its also possible to get tickets when you arrive for them. Though don't quote me on that).

To be honest though, leaving it down to spontaneity and having a walk to different restaurants within an area of the capital is the best way to go. (Ummm, if you don't know the area, it helps if you have a map, just in case. LMAO). Of course, you could try out going to one place for starter, one for main, and one for desert. Hehe, tis fun.

I really do reccomend the art galleries. In particular, I love the Tate Modern. However.... that would be because I'm an art fanatic. Lol.

Any of the cinemas are good. BUT, you can do that in America. Try and stick to things you would only ever see or do here (otherwise theres no point in going).

Are you interested in museums or old buildings, etc?

Hmm. I'm done with my 'guide book waffling' for now. I'll check back here later and add more.

Take care,

Lena.
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
idano
Loyal

Post by idano »

Well in my opinion the one thing you have to do while in London is go and see Buckingham Palace (if you haven't already seen it) also making it to see the changing of the gaurd at the palace is good to see, although I don't know what time that happens.

Also going to places like the Tower of London, Madame Tussards, Houses of Parliament is good.

I think the best way to go round London is plan a few attractions and aim to do them first and then just be spontneous with the rest of it.

As for resaurants I really don't know, you will just have to have look round while there.
<span style=\'font-family:Impact\'You can't trust someone who thinks you're crazy

<span style=\'color:purple\'Evil is just Live spelled backwards
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

Mehehe. I'm going to get shot for this....

The palace (and changing of the guard) is only interesting if you like the royal family and/or old buildings. The houses of parliament and Tower of London are only interesting if you like politics (and royals, again). Though the architecture is interesting.

I wouldn't call it an interesting family day out. Younger children will hate it. You need to have a keen interest to enjoy it. Quite honestly, I would leave it unless you have a very strong desire to go.

Sorry, but tis true! *Waits for her best friend (idano) to shoot her*
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
Sliver
Veteran

Post by Sliver »

*takes the gun off idano* hehehe. no shooting Liz. :P and yea. WHATEVER you do, DO NOT go without some major ideas of what your gona do there. we made.. well i made that mistake on the 3rd didnt i Liz? :P lol.
Sliver, A.K.A Tom/Tommy/Tommy Boy (thanks to Lisa and sweethelp)

Moderated with Sweethelp in Bullying forum from Oct 6 2003 to 2006 sometime.

Moderated in the Self Expression Forum and Computer forum mainly, along with the rest of the lounge, until December 2006.

Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

You did? I thought it was a good day.... Hmmph. We DID have ideas and we used them. What was wrong with it?

Besides, Tom, this is LONDON. The one INTERESTING city in England with THINGS TO DO. Unlike Stoke.

But.... it IS a good idea to have a rough plan for the day.
Wheretogo
Veteran

Post by Wheretogo »

london eye, big ben, the imperal war museum, the royal palace, the changing of the gaurds, there is always shopping, Carnaby street , London Tower, science museam, the abbey, the london aquarium, the broadway type show, St. paul catherdrial, The tower bridge (everyone thinks its london bridge but its not). And many more things to see and do...

I have been there :D
Why give up, why give in?

It's not enough, it never is.

So I will go on until
the end.

We've become desolate.

It's not enough, it never
is.

But I will go on until the end.

I've lost my way.

I've lost my way, but I will go on until the end.

Living is
hard enough

Without you fucking up.

Until The End - Breaking Benjamin
her_beautiful_mistake
Loyal

Post by her_beautiful_mistake »

London Eye, you can get awesome river boat things that are simply awesome, SHOPPING, st. pauls, blah londons so awesome you could sit on a bench all day and be amused.

Everything people have already mentioned x
[CENTER]<span style=\'color:gray\'help, I have done it again

I have been here many times before

hurt myself again today

and the worst part is there's no one else to blame

ouch, I have lost myself again

lost myself and I am nowhere to be found

yeah, I think I might break

lost myself again and I feel unsafe

be my friend, hold me, wrap me up

unfold me, I am small and needy

warm me up and breathe me

Image[/CENTER]
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

Camden Market is supposed to be really good as well as there you can get unusual things and unusual clothes. Thats what I've heard though. I've never been to London. I live in Manchester and its too far away from London to visit :P

~*~Ruth~*~
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
StressedOut
Loyal

Post by StressedOut »

alright thanks

cheerio
Image Season 7 Begins- January 2009
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

Ruth, yes Camden Market is great.

StressedOut, I hope we helped!
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

WAGAMAMA!!!

Oh my god, it's this brilliant noodle shop that has the best food ever!

P.S. My god, I'm going to be in London in less than a day.
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...