2 "spam" Questions In One...

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

SirPostAlot
Veteran

2 "spam" Questions In One...

Post by SirPostAlot »

Question one:

How do you avoid ICQ spam? I get like two to three a day...tehy are just bullshit things like how to earn 3000$ a week by clicking on the link and corroperating w/ them...and i get ones that are like "~WALTER~ where have u been? miss me?" and i check their info and its either empty or from some foreign land...

Question Two:

how dou prevent unwanted bookmarks? Cuz i use IE sometiems, and there will be random bookmarks from places i didn't even visit (i.e. "Black Huge Boobs")...

~Jeff~
Hezichia
Loyal

Re: 2 "spam" Questions In One...

Post by Hezichia »

In ICQ 5 (and prabably earlier versions, I'm not sure) you can go to the spam tab in the prefrences, best be would be to check "Accept messages from people on my contact list", at least turn on the spam filter if you want to recieve messages, that's all I have turned on, and i never get spam, maybe i'm just lucky, all my friends seem to get it anywas....

as for IE, yea, sorry, I'm a IE hater, download firefox.....
I hail the bunny!

Oolong!

"I don't care if there are no user serviceable parts inside... I'm going in..."

-- Greeps

When attempting something never done before there will always be critics who say it can't be done. For if everyone agreeded it could be, somone would have already done it.
Valture
Loyal

Re: 2 "spam" Questions In One...

Post by Valture »

The ICQ problem, probably the above post would be best to follow. I'd just throw on only from contact list, but that may make it a bit more of a pain to get msgs from people who change #'s or w/e, so ya up to you.

The IE explorer thing now is intresting. With bookmarks they can only set them if your IE permissions allows it or if you click YES on something when you didn't want to. If someone else uses that computer, that could explain a few things. He's right tho, if you go and download any non-IE based web browser, those type of problems don't show up all that often if at all. The "hacker/scammers/spammer" communitity focuses on IE.
In life, theres always someone for everyone, but what happend if your someone died before you even met them?