Can You Read The Following?!

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

CanadaCraig
Veteran

Can You Read The Following?!

Post by CanadaCraig »

Hi HelpingTeens People!! :)

I hope you're OK.

Can you read the following???

Olny srmat poelpe can.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it denos't mtater in waht oredr the ltetres in a wrod are, the olny iprnoatmt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!!

GREAT BIG HUG

Craig!! :)

PS IF you can't - don't worry. It doesn't mean you're stupid!! :)
"It takes FAR MORE COURAGE to be KIND than it does to be CRUEL!!"

Be sure to LIKE my Love The Bully Facebook Page!

Please visit 'Cambilar'! It's where you'll find my eBooks!

I am a 54 year old guy from Canada!! :)
Lena
Veteran

Re: Can You Read The Following?!

Post by Lena »

Craig - I was reading exactly the same thing on a poster when I was at a party last night. Coincidences, eh?

Anyway, its an interesting piece of research. :)

Take care,

Lena.
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

Oh internet folklore, how I love thee. True for the most part, though from my looking (I have a thing for folklore, and it's amazing how the internet has opened that up in modern terms), it appears to have originated in the 70's. Here's an article that helps explain and demystify the tale. http://www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk/~mattd/Cmabrigde/

tJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
Rurouni_ryu
Loyal

Post by Rurouni_ryu »

I'll have to show this to my Phonetics-teacher, I think he might be interested. Thanks for the page Jaegermeister.

I'd heard of the so-called "research" before, but never took it that seriously to be honest. It just didn't seem to have much practical use for me... lol
"If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down."

Mary Pickford

My absence is due to college... *snarls at college*