Please Read, Very Sad.

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

FiZzBaW
Veteran

Re: Please Read, Very Sad.

Post by FiZzBaW »

I am sorry that you feel the need to only point out the bad of war. I personally would like to point out the good and the happyness of the iraqi people to be free from Saddams regime.

In central Baghdad's Firdos Square, cheering and chanting Iraqis danced atop a toppled statue of Saddam, dragged off its massive stone base by U.S. Marines in a tank recovery vehicle. (Full story)

The Iraqis broke the statue into pieces and dragged its head through the streets, while others -- including children -- pounded it with shoes, an act considered a supreme insult in the Arab world.

"Saddam Hussein is now taking his rightful place alongside Hitler, Stalin, Lenin, Ceausescu in the pantheon of failed brutal dictators, and the Iraqi people are well on their way to freedom," said Rumsfeld. (Full story)

The war is over according to Mohammed Aldouri, Iraq's ambassador to the United Nations.

"The game is over. I hope the peace will prevail and the Iraqi people at the end of the day will have a peaceful life," the ambassador said, adding that he had no relationship to Saddam.

The White House called the street scenes from Baghdad "historic." (Full story)

''Freedom's taste is unquenchable," said White House spokesman Ari Fleischer. "You're seeing what you see in mankind everywhere, given a chance to be free.''

CNN REPORT

My friends,

Freedom comes at a price, and I know that life is a sad thing to lose, but I am sure most that died are glad that they died from the fight towards freedom and rather that, then to have died by torture from the Evil Regime who tortured and oppressed them for so long.

-FiZz
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group

CanadaCraig
Veteran

Post by CanadaCraig »

"It takes FAR MORE COURAGE to be KIND than it does to be CRUEL!!"

Be sure to LIKE my Love The Bully Facebook Page!

Please visit 'Cambilar'! It's where you'll find my eBooks!

I am a 54 year old guy from Canada!! :)
partykid12
Veteran

Post by partykid12 »

Craig- Our country is not God. Now that we have taken it upon ourselves to go help a country from their dictator, what are we going to tell all the other countries that need our help more? We can't help everyone in the world. Shit we can't even help our own country. Our country is going downhill and Bush goes and starts a war that he shouldn't have started. If he was so pressed on starting a war then why did he choose Iraq over some of the other countries that are FAR worse? If you go and interview 1 million people that are against Bush, are you going to vote for him to be gone? No. You guys make it sound like EVERYONE hated him.. yes, I agree he was a bad man, but he did have followers, many of them.

But hey, at least we are helping a country, even though children and women have died, soldiers have died, the people of the US have no money, the children of the US are getting less and less of an education by the year, and our murder rate is up.. Yay!
I used to get high on life until I realized it was cut with morons..
DreamPixie
Veteran

Post by DreamPixie »

but I am sure most that died are glad that they died from the fight towards freedom and rather that, then to have died by torture from the Evil Regime who tortured and oppressed them for so long.

<_< Don't debate me on the unlikelihood of this, because I don't think that there could possibly be a draft, but if there were we wouldn't revel in the deaths as being "for a good cause" we would mourn and cry and be a country of sadness for those lives that didn't believe in the cause adn died fighting for freedom for people when they didn't believe our country had the right to even be there. Innocent lives being lost "from the fight towards freedom" don't deserve to die, nor will their death hurt less, than those that died by torture from Saddam. <3
~The best thing about being happy is thinking that you will never be unhappy again.

~Life's too short to be anything but happy.

~I<3Mike.
Jess
Veteran

Post by Jess »

yes, that was-no doubt- sad...but, as squee said, it sounded like a cheesy chain letter.
Image the banana dance will live on!Image
CanadaCraig
Veteran

Post by CanadaCraig »

Originally posted by squee@Apr 9 2003, 04:00 PM

i disagree, i think that if given the chance, proper motivation, and its the right circumstances 'evil' people can be helped. i mean they wouldnt let people out of prison if they didnt think they could become a better person, you know?

That's VERY 'idealistic' - but certainly not 'realistic'. 'Evil' people can NOT be 'helped'. They are - by their very nature - 'evil'. It's like saying - "with enough encouragement - a leopard can change his spots." He can't. I know that's sad and I know it's frustrating - but I also know it's true. But you're not alone in thinking that way - unfortunately. Countless numbers of people [in the U.S. alone] have been released from prison only to either rape, molest and/or murder AGAIN. If it were up to me - any person who committed a crime that was worthy of 'LIFE' - should be put to death. Every other 'sentence' should be cut in half. Sending someone to prison for a decade for writing bad checks - is ridiculous. [but I'm starting to make a speech - so I'll end here]

GREAT BIG HUG

Craig!! :)

CanadaCraig
Veteran

Post by CanadaCraig »

daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

the US should keep their big fat noses out of other countries business.

it was the goddamn US who put saddam there in the first place!!!!!!
xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Post by xxwhereisfredxx »

yea it was... hey iraq want all these weapons to fight off whoever the hell you were fighting.... and then now its well you can't have those, guess i better invade you! hahaha
When I hear somebody sigh that Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, Compared to what?

If we did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.

You see things; and you say Why? But I dream things that never were; and I say Why not?

It is a hard matter, my fellow citizens, to argue with the belly, since it has no ears.

xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

haha then my socials teacher is a tard. Because she said that the states gave weapons to iraq, and i believed her! lol
When I hear somebody sigh that Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, Compared to what?

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.

You see things; and you say Why? But I dream things that never were; and I say Why not?

It is a hard matter, my fellow citizens, to argue with the belly, since it has no ears.

xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

well take it up with HER then, not me!

Queergrrl
Loyal

Post by Queergrrl »

Originally posted by Dustin@Apr 9 2003, 04:28 PM

Yea it has been going on for SO long, if it has for SO long then why didn't we "liberate" them sooner?

The UN wouldn't let us. And hippies like you ;P
Samantha Queergrrl

xpennyroyalx@hotmail.com

my world.my love.my gun.

1800-SUICIDE (7842433)

http://www.cap.gov
Queergrrl
Loyal

Post by Queergrrl »

Originally posted by squee@Apr 9 2003, 07:45 PM

yeah like one of those i had cancer and died when i was only twelve pass this on in memory of me things.

and i agree with dreampixie.

also- did you see that they took the picture of saddam off the money and replaced it with a picture of bush.

thats such bullshit and it makes me sick.

I think what you said is bullshit. If someone just saved you from someone who killed your family members and doesn't let you have any money and hides food from you, you would think they were a hero too. You would put Bush's face on money. WHy not be happy that they are finally able to dance in the streets? America didn't put his face on the money the Iraqies did, so why are you STILL COMPLAINING?
Samantha Queergrrl

xpennyroyalx@hotmail.com

my world.my love.my gun.

1800-SUICIDE (7842433)

partykid12
Veteran

Post by partykid12 »

I used to get high on life until I realized it was cut with morons..
Kristina
Veteran

Post by Kristina »

well... there's always collateral damage

its a horrible thing

but theres nothing you can do

atleast we're freeing them
There's always someone cooler than you
Queergrrl
Loyal

Post by Queergrrl »

Oh, so the happy millions of people mean nothing to you. To you "the death of one is a tragedy, the death of a million is just a statistic"
Samantha Queergrrl

xpennyroyalx@hotmail.com

my world.my love.my gun.

1800-SUICIDE (7842433)