[Solved] Itunes

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

balloonstring
Dedicated

[Solved] Itunes

Post by balloonstring »

My friend burned some cds of mp3's in mp3 form for my itune library. You can fit like 100 mp3's on one cd...but it won't let me use it on my itunes, after i transfer them to my library and take the cd out it won't play them. Why does this happen? Can i fix it? Thanks. If you need more clarifying info let me know.
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Re: [Solved] Itunes

Post by Jaegermeister »

How are you transfering them? Are you clicking the "Import CD" option? Or what are you doing? Because I did that when switching my old computer and my new, and nothing like that happened. Though I know iTunes sometimes does do janky shit to protect from piracy.
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
Hezichia
Loyal

Post by Hezichia »

I would assume that your itunes unlike jaegermeister's is set to not move the songs into a different folder during import. So when you add them to your library it just reads them off the cd as needed. You can fix this in two ways:

1. you can copy the songs off the cd onto a folder on your harddrive, then import them out of the folder.

2, you can go into itunes Edit- Preferences - Advanced Tab - General Tab, and check the "Copy files to Itunes music folder when adding to library" This will move them to the folder listed above in the "iTunes Music folder location" box. Please keep in mind that if you check this box every song you import from then on will also be copied to that folder as long as it is checked.
I hail the bunny!

Oolong!

"I don't care if there are no user serviceable parts inside... I'm going in..."

-- Greeps

When attempting something never done before there will always be critics who say it can't be done. For if everyone agreeded it could be, somone would have already done it.
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

Are you sure theres a burning program on your computer?

I have a burner on my computer, but not the program, so it wont let me make CD's till I go online and get the program.
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
balloonstring
Dedicated

Post by balloonstring »

I would assume that your itunes unlike jaegermeister's is set to not move the songs into a different folder during import. So when you add them to your library it just reads them off the cd as needed. You can fix this in two ways:

1. you can copy the songs off the cd onto a folder on your harddrive, then import them out of the folder.

2, you can go into itunes Edit- Preferences - Advanced Tab - General Tab, and check the "Copy files to Itunes music folder when adding to library" This will move them to the folder listed above in the "iTunes Music folder location" box. Please keep in mind that if you check this box every song you import from then on will also be copied to that folder as long as it is checked.

[/b]

YAY your number 2 suggestion works. You rock my naked feet (like you wanted to know they were naked right now)
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

Yes, I forgot that iTunes does that. Option 2 would (and did) work perfectly. Boy is my face red.
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.