Just Wanna Talk

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

njh88_07
Loyal

Just Wanna Talk

Post by njh88_07 »

I just wanna talk anyone up for it?
Our attitude towards life determines lifes attitude towards us.

-Earl Nighingale

I may have done some things that are wrong but hey who hasn't? I don't know anyone that is perfect. Do you?

People don't die from suicide they die from sadness.

-ANONYMOUS

That which nourishes me also destroys me.

ANGELINA JOLIE -So true for me. I believe it.
Saren
Veteran

Re: Just Wanna Talk

Post by Saren »

What kinds of stuff do you like talking about?
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

I always love talking.

What's up?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.
MattMan
Veteran

Post by MattMan »

I always like to talk
Saren
Veteran

Post by Saren »

Well it seems we all like to talk, but nobody's really talking. o.O
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

sinical_sycology
Loyal

Post by sinical_sycology »

lol some talk huh, alright i'll throw in a subject.........politics. I'd say religion since it really seems to spark a fire in people but noone wants to ever to talk about that.
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?" - Jesus Of Nazareth -

"An educated fool is more foolish than an ignorant one." - Moliere -

"There are well-dressed foolish ideas, just as there are well-dressed fools." - Nicolas Chamfort -

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain -

"Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes." - Oscar Wilde -

REVOLUTIONARY - An oppressed person waiting for the opportunity to become an oppressor - Cynics Dictionary -
Breathe_In_For_Luck7
Veteran

Post by Breathe_In_For_Luck7 »

ok, well I say that religion is a cult. the tradition of communion was actually adopted from a cult way back when.
sinical_sycology
Loyal

I agree, but not for that sole reason, I say a cult and a religion are one in the same, a group of people follwing a common belief, but the only reason people identify certain groups as cults is because they don't want to be mean to the satanists and wiccans. It's a formal way of calling people's religion evil, as said by the christian doctrine call the followers of cults deviants and heretics (funny how heretics mean choice). But for the sake of argument I propose a a more fun subject. Something that would be put me on the opposite side of the Spectrum.

Capital Punishment, is it right to kill criminals?
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?" - Jesus Of Nazareth -

"There are well-dressed foolish ideas, just as there are well-dressed fools." - Nicolas Chamfort -

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain -

REVOLUTIONARY - An oppressed person waiting for the opportunity to become an oppressor - Cynics Dictionary -
Kit
Veteran

Post by Kit »

"Capital Punishment, is it right to kill criminals?"

Yep.
Email me If you ever need someone to talk to and I'm not online, drop me an E-mail. I'll get it on my phone!

Myspace Want to know more about me? Here's my myspace. You can see pictures of my family, and keep up with my life here.

I LOVE my Son Ethan who is 10 months old and my wonderful husband who is signing up for the Army!
sinical_sycology
Loyal

ok for the sake of the argument I'll say No, lol damn this is gonna be hard. The human mind isn't too complex it's pretty simple and alot of us believe in the principle an eye for an eye, but heres the thing does anybody, regardless of what crime has been committed, have the right to strip anybody of the right to live. What benefit or what cause justifies the killing of a killer. Why should we give in to the same killing intent that exists in the murderer. By taking his life doesn't that mean we ourselves are murderers. I see no benefit of killing a murderer or a rapist or a molester in many cases it proves nothing. Ah yes vengeance is the only psychological motive that drives us to take their life, and if vengeance justifies the killing of a human being then it should justify Bush's actions against Iraq, we all say that Bush is only waging war on Iraq because of revenge for his father so how can that be wrong yet when it comes to frying somebody's brains it's right. Vengeance, sorrow, or pain does not justify the taking of another human being's life.

Kit
Veteran

Post by Kit »

The act of repeated offence. Some criminals have NO concence(sp?). So infact - they are not doing ANY GOOD anywhere. Just taking up space. Why let them harm us more when we can really put an end to it? Why PAY for them - when they will NEVER get out of jail, and they're doing nothing but causing harm...
Email me If you ever need someone to talk to and I'm not online, drop me an E-mail. I'll get it on my phone!

Myspace Want to know more about me? Here's my myspace. You can see pictures of my family, and keep up with my life here.

I LOVE my Son Ethan who is 10 months old and my wonderful husband who is signing up for the Army!
Saren
Veteran

Post by Saren »

I don't believe it's right to kill them, because what are they gonna learn from that? It's not right to let them go free either, because it allows them to think they can do what they want; That anyone should be able to kill anybody else. Putting them in jail under some sort of surveilance, checking their behavior- possibly with doctors to evaluate some of them- to determine the time they deserve to be there, I believe would be fair enough. Unfortunately, we don't have enough money to do that for them all, so I strongly believe that them serving time for what they've done is enough punishment, because it shows they can't get away with just anything, or do what they want. They're no God. They have no right to "judge" whome they believe should die.
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

<3

----------------------

Dave_19
Loyal

Post by Dave_19 »

lol crazy thought but... damn i forgot
:. my crazy life

<span style="color:teal"|B|e|e|r| my Anti-Drug
K11
Loyal

Post by K11 »

The act of repeated offence. Some criminals have NO concence(sp?). So infact - they are not doing ANY GOOD anywhere. Just taking up space. Why let them harm us more when we can really put an end to it? Why PAY for them - when they will NEVER get out of jail, and they're doing nothing but causing harm...

[/b]

I think that murderers and criminals serving life sentences could be used in medical and scientific research. Not so far that experiements will kill them just so that in some way they can be used to help forward the progress of humanity. Many things could be learnt from research on criminals. We could learn about their own phycology and brain chemistry, but also we could use hard core criminals to test out new drugs or treatments for diseases.

The are many reasons I think these people shouldn't be killed though. I do agree with what most people have said and that its sending the wrong message to take a life for a life, but also theres always a chance that some of these criminals are actually innocent and were wrongfully convicted. Also many murderers, rapists etc are as they are because of genetics, or brain physiology and so they could be studied to learn more about what makes them tick and maybe find a way to prevent people who are prone to violence from committing such crimes.

Anyway just some thoughts, but I think that criminals could still prove useful to society once captured.