Creativity!

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Kit
Veteran

Creativity!

Post by Kit »

Hey everyone.

I need your creativity.

I am a volunteer Judge/peer mediator for juvenial offenders. I need CONSEQUENCES.

You don't have to come up with something for ALL of these...Just pick some and write a(or many) consequence(s)(keep in mind the age). I'll give you an example of a case I had earlier:

a 13 year old female got into a fight with another girl because she was talking 'trash' about the other. I came up with 4 consequences: A collage of different resources(peer mediation, teacher, etc.) A poster about peer pressure and how to avoid it, a skit(she has to perform her situation all over again but with differnt ways to handle it) and many different apology letters.

12-14 Sexual assult(verbal)

14-17 Sexual assult(verbal)

12-14 Assult(fighting)

14-17 Assult

12-14 Arson(like lighting fires in trash cans)

14-17 Arson

12-14 Curfew

14-17 Curfew

12-14 Breaking an Entry

14-17 Breaking an Entry

12-14 Shoplifting

14-17 Shoplifting

12-14 Grafiti

14-17 Grafiti

12-14 Domestic violence

14-17 Domestic violence

12-14 Larsony

14-17 Larsony

I only handle those cases. The other board members handle the other things. Keep in mind the age and be as creative as you can(as I did with the skit). Positive reenforcement and I need a couple harsh things for the more advance cases(like this wasn't their first offence). My next hearing is Sept. 28th at 5:30. So if you can, post them in here or PM me. Dont' think anything you say will be stupid - believe me, my case last wed. I had a 11 year old curse out a teacher and I came up with him doing 20 push ups for every letter in the curse word. I don't think anything is stupid. I just need more ideas so I can help more. Thank you!!!
Email me If you ever need someone to talk to and I'm not online, drop me an E-mail. I'll get it on my phone!

Myspace Want to know more about me? Here's my myspace. You can see pictures of my family, and keep up with my life here.

I LOVE my Son Ethan who is 10 months old and my wonderful husband who is signing up for the Army!